Bellingham Could be Fined and Banned.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Latest from the England Camp. UEFA are looking at a gesture made by Jude Bellingham. Apparently he Grabbed his Crutch in Front of the Slovakia Bench after his Late equalizer in the England vs Slovakia Game. According to him it was an inside Joke aimed at some friends who were in the Crowd. However this isn't the First time he's made the Gesture and if found Guilty he could end up being Fined and Banned.

For Pity's sake Grow Up Bellingham, You're supposed to be a Role Model for young Kids.  Not only have You Let Yourself Down England Down, But Those Who Look Up To You. Hang Your Head In Shame.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  1

I concur with the views about Jude Bellingham needing to mature, but let’s be honest. Numerous players have committed acts that went unpunished. For instance, Emiliano Martínez, to my knowledge, wasn’t penalised for his foolish behaviour or antics. I don’t believe Bellingham should have done what he did, but banning him seems excessive. A fine or a one-game suspension would be more appropriate. Don’t deprive him entirely.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

He scores the goal of the tournament in the six minutes of added time, which proved to be virtually the last kick of the match.

It was understandable that he'd be quite pleased, but players of his stature should show some common sense and act maturely, because he will certainly be a role model for young fans.

Players nowadays go over the top in celebration as far as I'm concerned. All it needs is a quick embrace then back to the halfway line.

Personally I used to like the Colin Bell celebration, because he didn't have one. After scoring he just ran back to the halfway line without much of a celebration at all 

• Like 8

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Slovakia needs to mature as well. Just because they lost doesn’t mean they should make a fuss about every minor incident. What about their manager pushing Declan Rice? That’s violent behaviour, which isn’t supposed to happen, yet it will likely go unpunished. I hate to say it, but England does seem to face stricter decisions against them.

• Like 7

Bellingham's gesture will get more Media Focus Because of who he is, did Declan Rice Complain about the Slovak Manager pushing him? Christian Ronaldo  also made the same Gesture as Bellingham in a Saudi Pro League Match and he got away with just being Fined. Bellingham also said it was Nice To Throw It Back regarding the Remarks from his Critics. He Should Be Mature Enough to Ignore those Critics and Rise above their Remarks. Because it's always been the British Media's way to Build a Player Up  Put him on a Pedestal  Then Knock Him Off It . That's been their Way For Years.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Behave. Lad is barely 21 years old and whilst not a fantastic gesture to make, it's hardly comparable with other things kids see and interact with on a daily basis.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@Super_Danny_Allsopp 

So you'd be OK if a Notts Or Any Other Player did that in front of Kids at Meadow Lane? At 21 Bellingham is Classed as An Adult. So He Should Act Like One.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

as @super_ram says its a storm inside a tea cup. accept the apology and move on. he has no reason to try to upset slovakia bench. i think more people will be offended from seeing it from the photos and videos than actually having witnessed it.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's a bit extreme to think about banning him. It doesn't look great when seeing the videos of the incident but it could well be a gesture made as an inside joke like he says it is. Unfortunately that's easier said after the condemnation of the gesture. He has to be cut a little bit of slack, he's still a young lad who had just scored a 95th minute equaliser to keep his nation in the Euros.

Bellingham has a lot of arrogance but that's to be expected from a player as good as he is at a young age. While this arrogance can be a good thing at times, it will land him in hot water like this incident may have done but it's still a learning curve and maturity will come as he goes on. He had an incident against the Serbia game when he decided to barge a Serbian for no apparent reason. Experienced players round him will help him channel that arrogance in a positive way. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

9 hours ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Super_Danny_Allsopp 

So you'd be OK if a Notts Or Any Other Player did that in front of Kids at Meadow Lane? At 21 Bellingham is Classed as An Adult. So He Should Act Like One.

Wouldn't thank him for it but I wouldn't be complaining about it either. You'd hear worse from the stands. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

You'd hear worse from the stands. 

Agreed with this. When I took my daughter to her first Notts game, the first thing she said when we left the stadium was "there's a lot of swearing at football". 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

You'll hear worse from the Stands .That's as maybe But if someone is using foul Language, a quick word from you, would hopefully deter any repeat. And sure Kids will hear worse, but that's Not The Point. The Point is Bellingham made the Gesture towards the Slovakia Bench and UEFA are looking into it regarding Rules they have Laid Down and if he's Deemed to have Broken those Rules, He will be Punished and Rightly So it Doesn't matter if he's a Young Lad or Not ( His Age Is Not an Excuse) he is Old Enough To Know Better. Just by Scoring the Goal should have been Enough To Get His Point Across.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  629
  • Days Won:  1

Issuing a fine sounds fair; anything more is excessive. I remember reading about two players in Italy doing the Nazi salute. I don't know if they got banned, but what's worse?

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

When you look at the bigger picture, there are more severe incidents that go unpunished. A fine would be more appropriate than a ban, which is too harsh. Regardless, it’s not a good look for him or England. He did the right thing by explaining and apologising, but it seems that these days, apologies don’t carry much weight.

• Like 5

@allardyces tash

I Think that People are just Fed Up with Apologies . Somebody ( no matter who, Footballer, Politician, Celebrities) who  does Something Wrong or Says Something Wrong, If They Say Sorry Then That Makes Everything Alright. But In Some Cases It Doesn't.

Bellingham will probably Get a Hefty Fine and No Ban.  It was just stated on the B.B.C. Website He Could Get Fined and Banned.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve not seen the gesture, I’ll go and have a look to see if I can find it, by the sounds of it it does seem a bit immature, let’s hope it’s just a ban and he learns his lesson.  In the words of Captain Mainwaring Stupid boy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

A ban is extreme. Fines or suspension might work, but a ban doesn't send a positive message. It makes things seem worse than they are.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've seen the footage and pictures, it's a very sly and quick gesture. I don't think Jude Bellingham should have made the gesture, but it's being blown out of proportion. Slovakia seem to be bitter about losing, their manager has made some nonsensical comments since the game. Such as being frustrated that Declan Rice was speaking to the referee and wouldn't let him interrupt.

I'm not convinced that justifies him starting a confrontation and nearly causing a brawl.

Back to Bellingham, I believe he means his apology and that should count towards something. If it's meaningful and something people learn from, which I am sure he will - then a ban just seems a very severe punishment for something that could be handled better.

In other news:

UEFA is conducting an investigation into Turkey’s Demiral due to his goal celebration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz47qd9qe2go

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jul/03/turkeys-merih-demiral-facing-ban-over-wolf-celebration-in-win-over-austria

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Bellingham has apologised, he realises his foolishness and the furore it has caused. 

I suspect it will be a fine only on this occasion.

If we cancelled everyone for being a little foolish, there wouldn't be many left to cancel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I don't think Jude Bellingham should have made the gesture, but it's being blown out of proportion

100% agree with this. Shouldn't be blown up as much as it has but I suspect with it being someone like Jude Bellingham, an English player making moves, that's played a part in making it as big as it is. 

21 hours ago, Blake said:

I remember reading about two players in Italy doing the Nazi salute. I don't know if they got banned, but what's worse?

Wayne Hennessey made a Nazi salute but got cleared because he didn't know what the salute was. There's plenty of political/provocative gestures during games in the past some go punished some get cleared. 

Hopefully Jude learns from this. 

• Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Wayne Hennessey isn't a very good liar, but somehow got off it. 😒

@Chris

Yeah, I remember reading it and thinking he's wormed his way out of that one with an unconvincing lie. I still find it hard to believe how he could have gone his whole life without knowing exactly what that meant. 

• Like 1