If Macaulay Langstaff leaves

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  2

I would be quite upset unless the transfer fee was truly justified. An upfront payment of £700,000 is far too low. Even if potential add-ons could increase it to around £2,000,000, it would depend on how likely Notts would be to receive that money. In my opinion, £2,000,000 is a low price for a striker who can score goals when given the opportunity.

If he does leave, I hope Cedwyn Scott gets more playing time as a striker. He seems to be the best option, and we also have Alassana Jatta.

Selling our top striker doesn’t lessen the blow, but I do hope that Scott gets more time in the striker’s position. I would also hope that Notts reinvests some of the money from the potential sale of Macca into signing a promising young replacement.

Signing a good young replacement might alleviate some of the frustration. This all hinges on whether the rumour of Macca awaiting a medical at Millwall is true. One thing I’d like to add is that I’m surprised more clubs haven’t been linked to him. This gives me a glimmer of hope that all this might be unfounded. However, if it does happen, I’ve outlined my feelings on the matter.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

The club might think that the sale of Macaulay Langstaff won’t have a significant impact. However, you don’t make a player your club’s captain, especially one who is known to be of interest to others, and then bear the cost of losing your previous squad leader. If Kyle Cameron left because he lost the captaincy, as it seems, I wonder if he felt the club made a mistake by giving the armband to Macca.

Cedwyn Scott and Alassana Jatta have shown they can score goals, so they would likely benefit from more playing time.

I believe most supporters would understand the advantages of generating revenue from the sale of a player. The club has been investing money and the squad is improving, which requires funds. However, you don’t make a player captain and then sell him after fans have bought their tickets for a new, promising season.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

If Notts were to get £700K for Macca, which I believe is far too low even with add ons, which may never materialize if Macca doesn't move on to a bigger club than Millwall, I can't see Notts getting a striker even remotely comparable to Macca for less than £700K.

So I question what the Notts motive is. We know the Nest cost around a £1million to renovate.

Does Notts need this cash quickly? We were lead to believe that Notts are on a reasonable financial footing. 

Everything was seemingly going well for Notts, like the players coming in, the Nest, the new pitch, & the good season ticket sales.

It just seems over this last couple of weeks that things haven't been so positive, with some players leaving.

To get promotion we need a strong squad of 25 players, A few weeks ago we were getting towards having that. We certainly need some more players to come in before the season begins, otherwise, if we get early injuries, the squad depth could prove a problem again.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

it does not look good, a lot of fans on social media are unhappy.

i would be disappointed but the information of the sale could help, i dont think an undisclosed fee would tho. its all ifs and buts right now, i really hope that its not true. misinformation via the internet is very easy to escalate.

if macaulay langstaff leaves its something we have to get used too but its the way its conducted which is what causes the mistrust or negative feelings. i know we would have to sell him at some point but it does not mean it should be like how things are being reported.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I concur with this post on X.

I would rather Macca stay for three years and get nothing for him on a free than sell him for £700K now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  13

There are rumours (which could be nothing) that we're looking to a deal with Burnley for Michael Mellon (16 goals in 36 appearances for Morecambe and Dundee last season, 13 in 22 for the former and only 20 years old). If we land someone like him as a replacement I would be very happy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Mellon

• Like 9

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Obviously Macca is our main man up top but I think we have capable players in that area like Jatta and Scott. They might not be able to do much of the job or grab as many goals as Macca has done but I think they're capable of filling that role. 

When Macca and Scott first arrived, there was talk that Scott was the more prolific of the 2. Scott has always been second fiddle behind Macca at Notts so maybe if he's given the chance to fill Macca's boots, he might provide us with the goals needed. As for Jatta, he's shown he's more than capable of both providing and scoring goals so starting with us from the start of the season, he could also be a player to chip in with the goals. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I agree with @KB1862 I think because we have Jatta and Scott (I'll even throw in Morias cos I like him!) we're in a relatively good place in terms of strikers even if Macca was to move. That's not to say it wouldn't be a massive loss because it would be.

I've always said I was quietly confident about him staying and giving him the captaincy just confirmed that to me, I don't know whether to believe the rumours but part of me thinks something is going on with Millwall...

It might seem it and it's not always an easy task to find replacements but so far the recruitment team have done a pretty good job whenever we've lost one of our key players. You could say Wootton was replacement was Langstaff, Reeves was replaced by Palmer, Roberts by Jones and Rodrigues by Crowley...  So no-one is irreplaceable but I'll still be gutted if he does move.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Macaulay Langstaff and Cedwyn Scott formed a successful pair at Gateshead. However, we don’t utilise Scott in the same manner. I believe it’s inevitable that Langstaff will be sold at some point, but the handling of this situation is crucial. If the club has intentionally sold him to boost season ticket sales and, of course, the captaincy, then it’s a significant own goal.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

A part of me is hopeful that the club would realise that selling Macaulay Langstaff at this moment would be an unwise decision. You don’t assign the captaincy to someone who is likely to leave. If they did it with the hope of keeping him settled and away from potential bids, then it would be even more absurd. I completely understand the disappointment associated with this potential deal, but I’m hoping it’s not true. Langstaff will eventually leave, but we need to sell him at the right time. I believe we already have players at the club who are capable enough to take over, but that doesn’t justify selling a player in this manner.

• Like 6

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

7 hours ago, BromPie said:

However, we don’t utilise Scott in the same manner.

If we utilised Scott more than we have done, he could prove good for us. He may not provide the same amount of goals as Langstaff but he's capable of doing a job for us. But on the flip side who knows, if he's utilised more because Langstaff goes he may be able to fill them boots and more. It's going to be interesting to see. 

7 hours ago, Joshua said:

Langstaff will eventually leave, but we need to sell him at the right time

We've all said it for a while now, there's bound to be clubs higher up keeping tabs on him and he'll eventually be sold because of how good he's been for us and I agree it needs to be the right time but during this window and the chance to get extra additions, which if he's being sold the owners would have gathered ideas of replacements, you could say it's an ideal time if they're willing to sell. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Well, he’s moved on now, and we need to adjust the team to cope with the loss. The club will have to decide whether he needs to be replaced, and if so, the money will have to be well spent. Fans won’t be pleased to see any money wasted, but hopefully, the fee for Macaulay Langstaff will be reinvested into the squad this season, and we’ll make signings that boost morale.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  141

There are some grumpy fans of Notts on social media. I find it hard to believe that true fans, who have seen his dedication, would deny him such a move. My view of him is based on highlights and the occasional full game that I have streamed. It’s clear that he possesses a quality that a higher-level team would eventually seek.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think a lot of fans are just disappointed and may also have worries that we won't have a 20+ a season goalscorer.

When they both signed, I spoke to @ARLukomski, and he told me that he was more excited about the arrival of Cedwyn Scott. Scott is relentless with pressuring the opposition and often wins the ball back from doing this, he's a good finisher who I feel would do well in the striker role. I am seeing why ARLukomski felt this way, Macaulay Langstaff is a great striker but we have something a bit different, that should work out well.

Give Scott the time to shine.

• Like 2