Aaron Nemane to MK Dons, Conor Grant to Notts.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is a shock.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Sorry that Nemane has gone but Notts get Conor Grant in return.

I think this is a good move by Notts because as Aaron was so good going forward, he wasn't so good in defence.

Apparently, Notts have received a substantial fee for Aaron plus a player in return, a deal that Notts couldn't turn down.

Would have liked to have seen another striker coming in. I hope that will happen.

Welcome to Notts Conor.

• Like 4

Supporter+

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

That's a shock, especially the day before the season starts. We have signed two players for Nemane's position though, so maybe it's been long in planning?

On Nemane: it's certainly a loss as he's a stand-out player on his day and can get behind defences. However, I think he's found his level. He ran riot against some teams, but the better L2 defences were able to keep him quiet.

Does anyone know much about Grant? The fact that he got regular games in the division above sounds good, but he only actually played 282 minutes and Barnsley couldn't buy a win during that time.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Conor talks to Magpie player.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Gutted, with such a thin squad, surely we shouldn't be getting rid of any more players, only bringing more in. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  20

More good business from Notts. Obviously a change in emphasis this season. Things move on. Players move on. Last season they didn't and it ended in disappointment. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,137
  • Days Won:  17

Why would Notts offer our newest recruit a 3 Year Deal? Didn't I read or hear that the Maximum Deal at the Lane for a New Player was only 2 Years?

I would think Aaron Nemane will be more likely to be playing League 1 Football next season than Conor Grant.

Now Notts are handing out New Deals, How A bout Offering Jodi Jones and Dan Crowley extensions to their Current Contracts. I Believe  Jodi's Contract ends next summer, I would hope that Notts wouldn't like to lose him on A Free.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

he played for barnsley in league one last season, so he looks favoured but i think nemane is wonderful going forward, will grant be playing out wide for us? he played as a central midfielder but it does not mean he cant play there. i dont know, i am disappointed we have let nemane go to a team who is a rival in our league. thqt dont make sense to me, but if grant is better defensively and good going forward it would make more sense.

welcome to notts and meadow lane conor grant!

• Like 7

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Mapperley Pie said:

More good business from Notts. Obviously a change in emphasis this season. Things move on. Players move on. Last season they didn't and it ended in disappointment. 

Interesting take on this deal, I hope it turns out favourable but I’ll miss Nemane I’m more than a bit disappointed but we’ll see.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

I really liked Nemane but at the same time I always thought playing both him and Jodi as the wingbacks (wingers) made us too vulnerable defensively. As much as I’d have liked him to stay that problem solves itself now. We still have Gordon who is really quick so we won’t lose that side of the game that Nemane brought, whether he’s a better all-round player will be revealed when we actually get to see him play.

We are obviously going to sign a replacement so I don't get why some people have gone OTT on social media. We received a substantial fee and Conor Grantis who is only 23 but has made 50+ appearances in League 1 so he clearly has something about him.

I do kind of want to jump to the end of the window now to see what the squad is going to look like, because if we sign good replacement for Nemane and another attacker we’ll be in very good shape for the season ahead.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

I'm disappointed and sad that MK Dons don't seem to want Conor Grant, and Barnsley didn’t go for him either. We've lost another player who can change games, for someone that a promotion favourite didn’t want. I hope we haven't lost our edge.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

Two key players, Aaron Nemane and Macaulay Langstaff, have been sold. Both were firm favourites. I hope the decision to let Nemane go and bring in Conor Grant ends up being a smart one. I wouldn’t have made the exchange myself. I think Nemane’s brilliance going forward outweighs his weakness in defending.

At least we still have Jodi Jones. However, I expect him to play deeper and as a wing-back now.

• Like 3

Casting my mind back wasn't Aaron Nemane the last player to sign a New Notts contract he was offered? He seemed to be reluctant to sign a New Deal and was hoping for another Club to come in for him, but when No other Club showed any Interest he Resigned for Notts. I would also think that at MK Dons he won't be expected to go back and Defend. Another point against the Notts "Model".

• Like 1

Nemane might not have been an automatic starter this season anyway, especially when you look at who else we've signed in his position. In light of that, I can understand the club being tempted when offered a possible six-figure sum for a squad player. Time will tell whether we really need another central midfielder.

On the other hand, what kind of signal does it send out when we sell to a promotion rival on the eve of the season? I hope the club are vindicated in this. 

• Like 5

Supporter+

Nemane wouldn't have been in my starting 11 anyway. We now have what I believe are better all round players that can fit in his position.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

It’s hard to imagine Aaron Nemane not making the team. We really missed his speed and trickery against Tranmere Rovers today. His direct play, cut-backs, and attacking were always a big help. Defensively, he had his issues, but at least he tried, unlike Enzo Boldewijn. It’s an interesting choice from Notts, but swapping a few players for someone leaving isn’t a bad thing. I just think we might miss Nemane, but I welcome Conor Grant. He should be treated fairly and not criticised because a favourite player has left.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

As kind of sad as it is when a player goes, our recruitment must be good considering how many other teams want our players...

We got a little bit of a look at Grant today and from what I saw from his short debut he looks to me like he'll be playing in one of the attacking midfield roles, leaving Robbo, Palmer, Edwards and Henchy to be the main men that sit a bit deeper (I know Crowley slotted in at Tranmere but he's needed further up the pitch when everyone is fit). Grant will give us even more depth and another attacking option too.

• Like 4

Signed late Friday, making his debut the following day. Doesn't that Show how thin the Notts Squad is? The Poor Guy was hardly through the door and it's bring your boots you're in the Match Squad tomorrow. He hasn't even trained with his New Team Mates Yet. But by all accounts he Did Ok, so Kudos to the Lad.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man I agree he did alright, I wonder, did Nemane get a few minutes  for his new team? Anyone know? I’ll be interested to see how he gets on.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it's hard to not include Aarone Nemane from the starting line-up. Adam Chicksen left me feeling thoroughly disappointed. He didn't seem to get on well at all, but I think Nemane would have thrived being played against Tranmere Rovers. It's pretty irrelevant now, especially since he's gone to MK Dons. I also think it's important to say that it's the opening game, he might improve, and I really hope he does.

If he could find his form from the National League promotion season, I would be very happy, but Nemane gives us a lot more going forward.

I'm pleased to welcome Conor Grant, I think he looked decent from his slight bit of play in yesterday's game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Wheelbarrow repair man I agree he did alright, I wonder, did Nemane get a few minutes  for his new team? Anyone know? I’ll be interested to see how he gets on.

He started and was taken off after 80 minutes. That surprised me a bit given he only signed the day before.

As good as they are individually, playing Nemane and Jones left us badly lacking defensively. Time will tell whether the club have done the right thing. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  277

Grant’s ability to operate in different roles in midfield should give us some much-needed versatility. He seems to be a very capable and good player. I’m particularly excited to see how he settles in and starts influencing games, especially with that creative spark he mentions. Here’s hoping for a successful season with Conor playing a big part!

• Like 1