Dan & Jodi: Can Notts Keep Them?

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

So we are in the morning after the evening before. We witnessed a five star performance by Notts, orchestrated by a 10/10 performance by Dan Crowley.

His performance was witnessed by the Sky Sports Cameras too. Dan was trending on twitter. Social media was handing out the plaudits. One wrote that he had never seen such a performance by a player at league 2 level.

Jodi had a great game too, influential as ever, involved in lots of good things last night. Both Dan & Jodi playing at their best at the same time.

There has been much speculation about offers flowing in for both of them in recent weeks. Their performance last night will only add to that speculation.

The question is. Can Notts keep hold of them until the transfer window closes in a week's time? I really do hope so. Notts have to do all they can to keep them. Offer them both new improved contracts is what I would do if I were Montague.

Thoughts?

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If Notts manage to hold on to them (and it’s a big if) I think we could be in for a great season, we should move heaven and earth to keep them but I respect their decision if they did go. I imagine there have already been offers and after last night I think the phone will be red hot, fingers crossed they are still here after the window closes.

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am not overly worried about the potential of losing Dan Crowley or Jodi Jones.

I don't see Notts selling Crowley to MK Dons, I haven't seen much source of genuine interest. I am sure there's plenty watching him, but it seems to me more likely that Notts will have tougher competition at the end of the season. Jodi is enjoying his football, I think he's sensible to know that he and Notts have that connection. He had a tough time at Oxford United, and whilst I do acknowledge that he will probably have desires of playing higher. He has always come across as a loyal person, he remained with Coventry until they decided to let him go (due to injury). Personally, I think he wouldn't have wanted to leave.

Notts has taken to him, with Meadow Lane becoming sort of an adopted home and I do believe that he will be wanting to see if we'll be able to play League One football.

I think both players might be seeing if this is a likely possibility, it would be encouraging if Notts could strike whilst they are enjoying their football and we have the money to pay a bit more in wages. Get a new deal sorted.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

We are always going to have this issue when we are doing well or have players who are above the quality of the league we are playing in. I am not worried, I just want to enjoy them whilst they are here.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

We shouldn’t worry. Our players will always be linked with other clubs. The main thing is to have hope that the club can discourage offers. Having players near to their expiry may tempt clubs to wait, or they might put in lower offers. I would be more pleased to see the club extending the contracts of the players they deem to be important.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I’m quietly confident we won’t sell Crowley to MK, going off old previous interviews I’m sure the owners stated they won’t sell (our key players) to our competitors and MK would be bonkers to offer something like 500k-750k when Crowley can, if he chooses to, leave on a free in the summer.

If a Championship club or top League 1 club comes in for either of them I feel there really isn’t much Notts can do. Every player wants to test themselves at the highest level possible and that addition of a big wage will help set them for life after their career in football. There's nothing to suggest right now that kind of move for either of them is on the cards though.

I’m 99.9% certain Notts will offer both new contracts, but I’ve no idea what their future plans are. I agree with @Chris, if it looks likely we could be in L1 next season I think that will be a big persuading factor in getting them to stay.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

As the season progresses, there’s every chance that if we are doing well, both players will renew. The interest should remain even if they were to extend one year. All it does is increase the amount of money Notts might be able to expect. I can’t see either of them leaving during this transfer window. Hopefully, by the next, we have pleased them enough to convince Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones that we are pushing for promotion. Players love being part of promotion-winning squads, so if the deal isn’t done before the season is over and we miss out, or even if we do, we may have a harder time convincing them with potentially more interest due to them being available on a free, provided their deals are not extended.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  629

The club is doing well at finding players, but I do worry that losing one or both of them could have an impact. I think it's natural to be concerned about losing Macaulay Langstaff and Aaron Nemane.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  494

There are two ways to look at it. You hope that Notts knows who to bring in and can act quickly if either or both do go. Or, they stay, and we manage to get extensions on them. Jodi Jones would be wise to remain at Notts. His form is very much based on being settled. Dan Crowley is the biggest concern. I won’t worry about either leaving, though.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i dont see the club selling either, i think the board are wise enough to know losing two key players is more than enough. selling jodi jones or dan crowley would be a major headache. even if we did sign someone to replace them both or just one, we would still need to give them time to settle in. crowley at this stage is and jodi has been with us during our national league promotion.

i think both will stay for now, as i dont see it making sense to jump to a different club.

mk dons are signing players for fun it seems, they need to settle down because they have had a poor start.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would be more concerned if we weren't showing signs of improvements, and whilst Grimsby is just one game. If this type of form continues, then it would be an advantage to Notts. I don't see either leaving before this transfer window closes, I don't see Notts accepting a bid as enough. It could lead to lower offers in January. If any developments occur, Notts could once again reject or request a higher fee.

Football, however, can be unpredictable, and I will be happier when the window closes.

Just keep in mind that offers can be agreed outside the transfer window, so it wouldn't be complete comfort once it does close. It just means the next window sees the deal become official.

If our form can continue, both Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones see that the club is moving forward. They might agree to extend their stay, I think Jones might be tempted to do this for a year. Crowley is a bit more difficult to speculate about.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I hope we managed to keep their services, but I believe the club can find replacement players. Selling late in the transfer window wouldn't make sense. So, I hope we can keep them for longer. But every player has a price, and Notts will decide if any offers are good enough.

• Like 1