Aiden Stone to Boston on Loan

Robbie

Supporter+

• Like 8

No Surprise really, he's 3rd choice at the Lane and has never really endeared himself to Notts Fans, many of whom have be Very Critical of his Match Performances.

• Like 9

Supporter+

Aiden is no worse than Slocombe & what happens if Bass & Slocombe become injury?

Suppose there is a recall clause for Aiden & Tiernan.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

All the best to him. Don't think it was ever a lack of effort, but he failed to cement a spot when he was brought in to be number 1. Slocombe and loanees were preferred to him by 2 separate managers. 

Hopefully he performs and has interest in January to get his career back on track.

11 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Aiden is no worse than Slocombe & what happens if Bass & Slocombe become injury?

Suppose there is a recall clause for Aiden & Tiernan.

Tiernan has gone on a permanent 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

@Super_Danny_Allsopp apologies must have missed that. It makes our potential cover very thin unless Aiden can return if needed.

• Like 5

It was a strange decision to bring in Aiden Stone, only to give up on him after one season. I feel sorry for him. He might not be the best at times, but I thought he would be useful as our backup. Instead, he remains unwanted. It makes you think that Tom Weal paid the price for Stone failing.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Good move. His first game reunites him with Tiernan Brooks, who’s at Gateshead. We can’t read too much into the fact Boston lost 2-0. Gateshead are a good team.

• Like 7

I Don't think there is much of a Chance of both Bass and Slocombe being injured at the same time @Robbie but then again Stranger things have happened in Football. I think Aiden as gone down the same Route as Junior Morias, wanting a Chance to play regular Football. And I think Notts have given him that opportunity with this Loan. Good Luck to the Guy, hope it works out for him at Boston.

• Like 8

I felt very impressed with him during the pre-season when he first arrived. I think there's a good keeper in Aidan Stone, but confidence is something which he seems to suffer from once he concedes a goal. I think he would flourish with our current defenders, as he would have a lot more protection, but Notts clearly want to move him on.

Stone is a better option over Sam Slocombe. I like Slocombe but right now it's only his experience that keeps him as the backup. Personally, I think we gave up too early on Stone.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

its a good move for aidan stone, i hope it works out because you can see a keeper in him. he just needs confidence and a good defence in front of him.

• Like 5

This is the best decision for him and the club. Having Aidan Stone on our books but not playing is never going to do his confidence any good. It’s funny how Sam Slocombe was phased out last season, and now it’s his replacement.

• Like 6

I think Aidan Stone has handled himself very professionally and has been respectful of the club’s wishes. However, I am saddened by how he’s been pushed out of the team completely without being given any chance to gain redemption from last season. Alex Bass is obviously a classy keeper, but Sam Slocombe won’t be around forever. Stone could have improved with this current defence and how it is shaping up. I just don’t think it worked for him, but as I say, he’s tried and worked hard despite being cast aside.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I wish Aidan Stone all the very best. I hope he finds a club where he can enjoy more success and establish himself as a number one. I do think we need better, but I am puzzled as to why Sam Slocombe remains our second choice, despite his obvious flaws and injury issues.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I do feel sorry for Aidan Stone. He wasn’t the worst keeper we have had, and I think he showed signs that he could have come good. I wish him all the best at Boston. I hope they take him on and help him to become their number one.

• Like 1

@Wilfordpie "but I am puzzled as to why Sam Slocombe remains our second choice, despite his obvious flaws and injury issues."

@Chris "Stone is a better option over Sam Slocombe. "

100% agree. Slocombe cost us the cup tie at Shrewsbury by coming and missing collecting the cross. He missed a cross the other night at Burton. Although I wasn't present, 2 gaffs pre season at Peterborough too.

@TheSkipper "It makes you think that Tom Weal paid the price for Stone failing."

I also believe like you  @TheSkipper that this may have been the case. 

Supporter+

I just wonder if it not just about talent & how good a player is or is not.

Could it be that the player doesn't hit it off with the coaches, his fellow players or simply doesn't show enough on the training ground?

I'm not saying that is the case here. It just may be a factor generally within football.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2024 at 18:08, BromPie said:

This is the best decision for him and the club. Having Aidan Stone on our books but not playing is never going to do his confidence any good. It’s funny how Sam Slocombe was phased out last season, and now it’s his replacement.

Footballs a funny old game, can go from not being wanted to be part of the plans. 🫣

• Like 1

To be honest I never thought he was that convincing. I can't recall him making a proper dive or really getting off the ground.

I think its a good move for him to get some game time and hopefully build confidence. Although I do think Notts should have a third keeper, whether that's Slocombe at second or third and I still think that we should have kept Brooks.

Edited by Pies79
  • Like 2

@Pies79

I'm in full agreement with you regarding Tiernan Brookes, Notts Should have kept hold of him, having both him and Bass at the Club I feel would have pushed both players forward. However Tiernan may have sought the move wanting to be first choice or the Club decided to do what they normally do and sell the young Notts Talent for an Undisclosed Fee.

• Like 1