This Annoys Me About Notts

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

This Annoys Me About Notts (I know it shouldn't but it Just Does) Why is it when the Magpies play away from home, and there's No Colour Clash (shirt wise as it was yesterday) why is it that Notts  Don't play in their Traditional Black & White Stripes? After all they are the Colours Notts are known for, you'd think the Club would want to play in them, whenever they can.

And Yes I Know there are Different Sponsors on the Orange and Blue/Purple Shirts, but there must be away around this, even if the Away Kit just consisted of a simple White shirt with Black Shorts' it's Not The Stripes I know, but it's still the Clubs Black & White Colouring associated with the Magpies. It may Not Bother a lot of Fans but I'm of the Opinion that Notts should be waring the Traditional Colours Whenever They Can.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,500
  • Days Won:  287

It isn't a Notts thing, it's a modern football thing. There are replica away shirts to be sold. And on top of that, away shirts often carry a different sponsor, and it'll probably be part of the agreement that the away sponsor is worn a certain number of times. If we only wear a change strip twice, the deal with the University of Nottingham would be worth less.

I'd also like to see us wear our traditional colours more (or at least when the home strip isn't an ugly mess).

• Like 4
  • Love 7

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,360
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

These days, with sponsors, it's very important teams make sure they wear the appropriate shirts. It's just one of those things, because it can affect clubs when trying to obtain sponsors for their shirt. Unless, we had just one which is quite rare to see these days. I personally think we should be wearing the orange shirt more, instead of the purple, and I actually prefer the third kit.

I just think it highlights how Notts made a mistake to go with three shirts, instead of making the purple one more available instead of a limited edition thing.

Away shirts are important for the part they play in sponsors.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  910
  • Days Won:  2

It doesn’t bother me; there used to be just one shirt at the beginning of football and no alternative. It’s best to reserve the traditional design for Meadow Lane.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,965
  • Days Won:  5

It’s not something I think about, but I don’t see the point in having three shirts when two are obviously going to be used far more. I am not sure there’s a point in the orange kit, but I do think teams should wear an away shirt.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,078
  • Days Won:  162

its all i have ever known, but i do wish more teams would do what luton did. i know its different to the original post, but it saves fans no end of money that could be invested into other areas of the club.

personally i think away shirts should be worn away from home, otherwise there is little point in having two shirts.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

If Notts have to satisfy the sponsors need & have the three different playing kits then so be it.

Most clubs now have three kits with three different levels of sponsors.

Clubs nowadays, especially in the lower leagues, need to make their money how they can. 

I applaud the Notts owners for doing this

Incidentally, some clubs like Man City have FOUR playing kits.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@liampie

I believe in the past an "Away Kit" was only worn when teams with similar shirt designs clashed, particularly on the old Black & White TV,  I mean a Match between Notts and Newcastle would be very confusing if, they both played in Striped Shirts. However once Coloured TV came about teams such as Manchester United realized the potential of making more money from their Fans, by also offering a Replica  of their "Away Shirt" a Bandwagon that most Professional Clubs have jumped on. And the Big Clubs are charging the Earth for Replica Shirt is it Any Wonder, Fans buy  cheap Chinese Imports?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

Over the years, Notts have had some stunning away shirts that have stuck in my memory from watching the players. One of our famous kits, which looked like Norwich City's, was a lovely one and is now considered a classic. I don’t mind what shirt or kit we wear, as long as we perform well in it.

• Like 5

In the past we got around the away sponsor problem by using it on our home shirt - in the early 90s we were sponsored by Home Bitter at home and McEwan's Lager away (and maybe also for TV games?). But I definitely remember us using the McEwan's logo on the home shirts as well. There's nothing stopping us from doing that today too.

Also going back to the 90s, I remember us launching a "champions" shirt in 1998 that was worn once. It was neon yellow.

We could really go the whole hog and introduce a cup shirt - we probably wouldn't need to wash it :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Didn't Notts wear a Special All White Kit for a Match against Yeovil at Meadow Lane which Commemorated Notts 150 Years Existence? And If I remember rightly the Magpies Won 4-1. And there was No Sponsor's Name on the Shirt (that I'm Not 100% sure of).

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, my dad has the 150th anniversary white shirt. It’s a very simple design and could have looked better if it was more retro. I’m not a fan of shirts made just to make money, it’s not the right way to treat your supporters. If you’re going to do a special shirt, it should be good quality and up to the mark. I don’t mind Notts having the away shirt, but I don’t understand why the club sold the purple one as a limited edition and didn’t give season ticket holders a chance to get one before it went on general sale.

• Like 3

I might be wrong, but I think the white kit commemorated 100 years at Meadow Lane in 2010. A retro kit for that one would have been justified and very cool, but the shirt was very plain and a missed opportunity. 

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,980
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I am sure, even though my memory may be going, didn't the Trews change an already agreed sponsor on a FA Cup / League Cup tie/s? Perhaps a bookmaker?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Yes, that’s true, @Piethagoram. I believe it also caused some problems, as I remember reading that we were fined for it. I think the fine was related to the sponsor rather than the actual decision, but my memory on this is a bit hazy now.

The shirts were auctioned off, and some of the players wanted to keep them. However, some of these match-worn shirts that are sold or included in sponsorship packages aren’t even worn in matches. 

I don’t see an issue with second or third kits when they are needed, but I don’t think limited edition kits should be used in League Two.

• Like 1