Update 

• Like 7

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,208
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Update .

Crowley shoots but it's a little too high, assisted by Austin.

Chesterfield 1 Notts 1. 40 mins.

Update.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Level at halftime.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Supporter+

Jatta's headed goal. It's a beauty

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Supporter+

Back to it.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Update 

Yellow card for Matt Palmer for a bad foul.

Chesterfield 1 Notts 1. 55 mins

Supporter+

Update.

Update.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Goal to Chesterfield 

Substitution for Notts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Supporter+

Substitution for Notts.

Update.

Six minutes added.

• Like 4

Supporter+

GOOOOAAAAL. DIDZY

Full time.

• Love 8

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,476
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Happy with a point as it was the least we deserved I reckon. Jatta proves his worth once again. McGoldrick saving the day but made us sweat for a second!

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  375
  • Days Won:  1

That ref wanted Chesterfield to win...very surprised he gave that last minute penalty..it was harsh....Mcgoldrick was very lucky to score from the goalies save....but still thought the ref favoured Chesterfield. 

• Like 4

Supporter+

Notts were not at their best today but managed to scramble a point at the death.

I think overall a point was a fair result.

Just an interesting stat that Radio Nottingham have revealed. Jatta & McGoldrick have played together just 75 minutes and during that time Notts have scored 5 & conceded 0.

I think there's a case for Jatta & McGoldrick to play together from the start.

• Love 6

Supporter+

The Notts equaliser.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Supporter+

Reaction at the whistle.

• Love 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,277
  • Days Won:  17

It's the Play off Final at Wembley All Over Again. The Magpies twice behind only to drag it back to Level Terms. Pity there was No Penalty Shoot Out, Notts might have come back with all Three Points. Never mind I'm more than Happy with the Point and reading the updates with a little bit more Luck Notts could have won. Jatta's there again scoring with a Powerful Header a Real Center Forwards Goal. If he carries on like this Notts are going to have to fend off other Clubs interest during the January Transfer Window like they did last season with Macca. Watching the Clips on here after Didzy's goal the Camera Focused on Stuart Maynard and lip reading him, he said I can't Believe it. Onwards and Upwards C.O.Y.P

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,487
  • Days Won:  5

It doesn’t feel too bad to get a point, but with Jatta scoring and the ref giving a penalty, it does seem a bit unfair on us, especially since it gave them a lifeline. I won't complain much. I think Kellan Gordon looked good in the first half and put in some excellent crosses. George Abbott is growing in his role and is so good at breaking up the play. Dan Crowley was just class again.

• Like 8

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If that match had been on the prediction league I’d have predicted 2-2 and used my joker.

Overall a fair result we certainly didn’t deserve to lose. I thought Notts played well in parts Gordon was my man of the match he put some excellent crosses in, it’s a shame he got a knock and got withdrawn. I agree with @gtownjohnno the ref was biased towards the home side.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  681
  • Days Won:  1

I think we were a bit lucky, even though we played well at times. Both teams did well, but we gave away two very easy goals, even if the first one was a bit unfortunate.

• Like 6

Supporter+

Notts up to third place.

Screenshot_20241012-170358.png

• Love 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,100
  • Days Won:  54

Feel like there was a slice of lucky at the end there, it was a close game but I think had Chesterfield won it I wouldn’t have felt that aggrieved. Those penalties are ones I don't like to see given, not sure what he’s supposed to do with his arm when it’s booted at him from 3 yards but there you go. We had zero luck when it came to pens last season so maybe this season we are making up for it!

Just didn’t really deal with some the big moments in that game, especially their 2nd goal. We looked so comfortable again at times but we didn’t create that much, especially in the second half, their keeper didn’t have a save to make until we scored the penalty. At times we seem to over-do the passing, especially short balls to feet.

I liked seeing Crowley higher up the pitch, just didn’t have a good game today. Probably held on to the ball for too long at times and I didn’t like him screaming at Tsaroulla at the end for making a run in behind. That was actually a good run, we don’t need to constantly pass it short and to feet all the time! Hope he gave him a bit of stick back…

A good point though, think Chesterfield will be in around the play-offs at the end of the season. Some interesting results today too, Port Vale with another 1-0 away win, Gillingham and Barrow lost to the bottom two at the start of play in Accrington and Morecambe and our next opponents Wimbledon smashed Carlisle 4-0! 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

We can create our own problems at times. I think both teams performed very well. I feel happier with our performance, despite Chesterfield looking likely to win until the penalty and disallowed goal. Their fans are unhappy with the penalty, but it makes you wonder if they realize that Jatta's effort would have counted had the handball and penalty not been awarded. Did their player get a yellow card for that? I couldn’t tell, but I thought Notts did well in most parts of the game.

I would like to see us avoid playing ourselves into trouble. Teams press and put pressure on us, which forces mistakes. The defending for both goals should have perhaps been better.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,710
  • Days Won:  36

Been out all day so not seen any of the game or in game comments. At the end of the day if you were offered a draw at the start of the day, nearly every Notts fan would have snapped your hand off. No complaints, and I’m going to be positive, keep plugging away until the January window and then hopefully find the next Ruben. Find another player like him, and with a fit again Jodi watch us fly! We’re only a couple of players short from being a really decent side.

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,340
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought it was an enjoyable derby, between two very good teams. I don't think Chesterfield can be compared to our style of passing play. Personally, I thought they were a bit more direct, and unafraid to take a chance.

There were times when we tried to pass the ball out from the back, yet Chesterfield marked the defence quite heavily and made the space very compact.

Knocking the ball backwards, and then sideways, to and from each other as Chesterfield tried closing us down just looked uncomfortable at times. I wish we would just try to draw teams out more, as we don't really look to create space but wait for it to open up. I'm not sure if this is always the best way, I mean I get the patient play but if nobody tries to lose their marker then we are playing into how the opposition wants.

It was pleasing to see Dan Crowley try from distant, even though some of his efforts weren't really that good. All he needs is one of those chances to pay off, so I would actually encourage it. Kellan Gordon is very good in the transition going forward, losing his man and putting in balls into the box.

With the likes of Jatta in the middle, this always seems likely to cause trouble and I do rate Gordon with his ability to float in clever crosses.

Jodi Jones can over hit them, but Gordon seems more consistant with putting them in the right area. Both Sam Austin and, in the past, Aaron Nemane have been prone to overhitting their crosses.

Chestefield did look lively, I thought they had done enough to seal the game but thankfully, Jatta managed to make something, and then David McGoldrick converted the saved penalty. It's got that thrill of a Derby day, with a late goal and a point.

• Love 4