Louis Laing Extends Loan!

Canadian

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Brilliant news!

I was not sure he would come back but I am pleased, this is a good deal for both clubs.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Alrighty then, let's get the party started...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yoYe8ORA5Q

"You're no good, can't you see, Brother Louie, Louie, Louie.... I'm in love, set you free, oh, she's only looking to me" LOL... This is seriously great news, very good signing and after Forest disappointing lose to us and with their injury concerns, I think Shaun can take a lot of praise for reaching this agreement.

Positive news!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

this will be a big boost for us, if we lost louis we would have managed but him and hollis are immense at the back. i actually think mullins will struggle for game time! at least it gives derry options.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

A good extension... it will give us more time to use to our advantage.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

To get to 50 points. please!!

I know we'll be okay , but still

this should help, our backs been impressive this season. i do believe its because have a good set of players there! 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Keeps part of the winning team together. I'm all for that. If it aint broke...

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Good news, awful song. Then again, four beers and I will be on the dancefloor dancing to that like...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuxWRI_tH3Y

So, when's our night out again??

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Anyone know why there is a 93 day rule? I had every faith in Derry but I did feel Forest would want to try him.

It's good for us at least.

Classified as an Emerg Loan. only 93 day permittence. Comparied to a Regular loan?

Classified as an Emerg Loan. only 93 day permittence. Comparied to a Regular loan?

Seems like a pin point answer to me, I forgot he was an emergency loan. Everyone at the time was saying "what emergency" and now it's like, oh we don't have any centre backs fit! Hide Hollis.... LOL

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Again not seen the lad, but you can't fault our defensive C.D....

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I've not seen him play yet but this is great news.

COYP

i think its good for once that we have pace at the back, hollis and laing might not be the quickest but they are aware. i do feel that they make such a difference, compared to having players who struggle to keep up with play.

leacock seemed to always be in another world, mainly last season.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

This lad will go far, the way he conducts himself you can tell. He's everything that a good centre back should have and some of my friends have mentioned how he looks like John Terry when he plays. I would tend to agree, you can see a lot of that type of leadership and no messing, with solid marking.

Its good news.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

More good news for you Pies!

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Nottingham Forest will let Louis Laing join Motherwell on loan, with Notts County failing in effort to sign defender permanently

By Nottmtails  |  Posted: January 29, 2015

9399573-large.jpg

Louis Laing

Comments (0)

Nottingham Forest defender Louis Laing is close to joining Motherwell on loan for the rest of the season.

Notts County had been keen to take the former Sunderland man back to Meadow Lane – but Shaun Derry wanted the 21-year-old on a permanent basis and the Reds still believe he has a future at the City Ground.

But Stuart Pearce does want Laing to gain more first team football and is happy to let him join the Scottish club.

And a deal is likely to be completed today, with Pearce confirming: “He is up in Motherwell speaking to them about a season long loan.

“We felt as though the Notts County loan was really good for him and the opportunity to get him some more first team football will be a great benefit.

“But it was not an option for him to go to Notts because, having spoken with Shaun (Derry), they wanted to take him permanently, rather than on loan.

“That is not the plan we have for Louis. We believe he will improve, at the age he is, when he plays first team football.â€

Laing is technically out of contract at Forest in the summer but the club have an option to extend that for a further year and Pearce suggests that is what they plan to do.

“He will come back here in the summer and we will have to evaluate him from there. We do have an option on his contract to keep him for another season and we do still see him as a Forest player,†said Pearce.

“I don’t see any reason to doubt that (his potential to be a first team player at Forest).

“The loan period at Notts benefited him greatly and playing more first team football at Motherwell will help him again, in his development.

“We are prepared to give him every opportunity.â€

Read more: http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-let-Louis-Laing-join-Motherwell/story-25942723-detail/story.html#ixzz3QD2S2Y1t 

Follow us: @Nottingham_Post on Twitter | NottinghamPostOnline on Facebook

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I was thinking we should try and get him on a permanent deal but once it became clear that Forest wouldn't sell, why didn't we offer to take him on loan again? Maybe Shaun has another permanent CB lined up? I hope so because we need one as good as Laing. 

I would laugh my Ass off if this came to Fruition in the Summer. Do you really think Laing Will be staying with Florist & Pearce at the End of the Season. 

We could swoop for him then.

My Distain for the Scum has been Restored

So we tried to buy him? Why not loan and talk about signing him whilst he's here. It seems risky to try and buy without obtaining his services.

I didn't expect us to sign him TBH, I don't think any others will arrive before the end of the transfer window. I believe the loan window remains open, I think Derry will use that but not any time soon.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

So we tried to buy him? Why not loan and talk about signing him whilst he's here. It seems risky to try and buy without obtaining his services.

I didn't expect us to sign him TBH, I don't think any others will arrive before the end of the transfer window. I believe the loan window remains open, I think Derry will use that but not any time soon.

I agree entirely I admire the fact that Derry tried to sign him but having failed surely we could have got him again on loan, I hope nothing has gone off to sour the relationship that both managers have been so keen to maintain.

I'm really surprised he has gone north of the border if we could have had him on loan, Pearce was only saying on the radio the other day how he liked Laing staying local so they could keep an eye on him, so what's happened to change that stance?

Archived