Prices for food and drink

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think about food and drink prices at the lane?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's quite expensive.

That says a lot about modern football, the prices for food in the stands isn't so bad but honestly I avoid spending too much in the MLSB. I know of people who opt for the navi because of the prices and I am hoping that now the catering is back in house, we may see some movement.

Really quite a few people just go in the MLSB to chat or sit down, trying to price the navi out would increase spending. That said it is difficult.

I also note Barnsley and other clubs are worse! £2.20 for a bottle of soft juice.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i cant really say tbh, i just go to watch the games and i always eat after the game.

it does seem common that prices at matches are quite a lot, though it is in the majority of sports i assume.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

I think it's insane but really what can you do?

If you reduce the cost, the quality comes down and it's more the food suppliers who make a packet from it. If you get something for £1.50, you will add 0.50p on to help pay for peoples wages.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It is too expensive. Like a lot of people I've taken to bringing a rucksack with me containing drinks, crisps etc for the kids and a flask for me with my Bovril in it!

MLSB is a good place to meet and chat, but is expensive and sometimes difficult to get served.

It is too expensive. Like a lot of people I've taken to bringing a rucksack with me containing drinks, crisps etc for the kids and a flask for me with my Bovril in it!

MLSB is a good place to meet and chat, but is expensive and sometimes difficult to get served.

Even when the que is small it can be hard to be served, they never really look to who was there first. The staff tend to serve whoever is closest or speaks first, having worked hospitality this is a grind. Quite bad but the staff in the stands are generally decent!

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don't eat or drink at a match, when I take George he's happy with some crisps, sweets and a drink of squash which we bring from home. I used to go in the MLSB fo a pint when my grown up son used to come with me but wouldn't go in on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't eat or drink at a match, when I take George he's happy with some crisps, sweets and a drink of squash which we bring from home. I used to go in the MLSB fo a pint when my grown up son used to come with me but wouldn't go in on my own.

If I ever get @super_ram back down, it would be nice to catch up.

How many games as George now been to?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

If the prices go up the club will price me out.

I travel a fair distance to games, I go to each home game and have been a season ticket holder. When the bar was ran down prices was very good, lemonade was cheap and beer was not so bad but it comes at a cost now.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

At Peterborough i think, i paid £4.80 for a pint. had i have known i would not have ordered it but the chap just did it.

Meadow Lane is average.

• Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

Ditto, good place to meet up and perhaps have one. Nothing more!

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

It's all about the conveniance I guess. I could bring my own for cheaper bit if I want something hot (a pie) or an ice cold coke then it's just easier to get at the lane.

I would have thought the club has worked out the economics of it all, especially with Rays business background.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I've learned not to buy stuff at a Stadia. I feel your lot's pain, but Get this. At the Ottawa Sens games

Water £3.00

Beer  £5.50

Pizza £5.00

Burger £5.00

How ever compared to other NHL areans in North America, out tickets start at £20. Which is farily low, Toronto Maple Leafs Tickets £55. I never went to see Toronto. Now i dispise them ha ha ha 

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

More could be done.. but lets face it, this is a revenue stream for the club.

Realistically they are going to add a little to prices, as does everybody. The prices at Meadow lane do appear to be fairly average from what I remember... Haven't been this season so couldn't say for sure now.

Still, I would be happy to have my half time pie and pint... it is what I like and part of the matchday for me

Supporter+

If I ever get @super_ram back down, it would be nice to catch up.

How many games as George now been to?

He's only been to about 2 or 3, being so young he tends to get a bit bored at times and starts messing around which can be a bit annoying for people around us although @magpiejue doesn't complain but I feel a bit guilty. I'm wondering whether to move to the Family Stand next season so he is not so hemmed in.

Let me know when @super_ram makes a guest appearance it'd be good to see you both.

• Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

It is nice at half time getting a drink at the mlsb.

He's only been to about 2 or 3, being so young he tends to get a bit bored at times and starts messing around which can be a bit annoying for people around us although @magpiejue doesn't complain but I feel a bit guilty. I'm wondering whether to move to the Family Stand next season so he is not so hemmed in.

Let me know when @super_ram makes a guest appearance it'd be good to see you both.

Perhaps that would be a good idea, however before committing to making a move permanently. Why not speak to Tim Bradd? I am sure he would switch you to the family stands when George does come down.

This way you retain your seat and are able to go where you like when he doesn't come down.

Plus in the family stand he might make friends, which gives me an idea.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It's all about the conveniance I guess. I could bring my own for cheaper bit if I want something hot (a pie) or an ice cold coke then it's just easier to get at the lane.

I would have thought the club has worked out the economics of it all, especially with Rays business background.

Vastly I agree with what you said cob.

It should not be about conveniance, it should be about service and making sure that the prices are attractive which to a degree they are for a fan base of our size and that is what the club will be seeing. Yes, more profit is there to be pushed but it is hard to squeeze.

With some of our fans it would be easier making a stone bleed!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I think its too expensive in the stands and in the mlsb but i don't think much will change. Most football stadiums and bars have more expensive food and drinks but people still pay it. I prefer to buy something from the stands outside the ground or bring stuff with me.

Supporter+

Perhaps that would be a good idea, however before committing to making a move permanently. Why not speak to Tim Bradd? I am sure he would switch you to the family stands when George does come down.

This way you retain your seat and are able to go where you like when he doesn't come down.

Plus in the family stand he might make friends, which gives me an idea.

Yeah that's not a bad idea, not sure about making friends with other kids though he sometimes has problems interacting with other kids and this has caused problems at times, although he is getting better since he started school. His teacher says he has no problems academically but but his people skills need to be worked on.

Probably takes after his grandad :biggrin:

Archived