Notts County vs Accrington Stanley

Chris

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

Has it kicked off yet? I couldn't tell. Sounds dreadful, doesn't feel like anyone is up for it today

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

well...

That's that then......

having listened to it and not been there... Exceedingly poor!!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Very dissapointed by what I listened to. We really should have had enough to win today, didn't sound like Stanley came and went for it, but we just didn't seem up for it. No final ball, no more than 4 passes strung together, no real spark of energy or urgency, pretty dire.

I suppose we shouldn't get too downbeat. Last year we probably would have lost. we're still in the hat and have a second chance in an unwanted replay. Needs to be much, MUCH better though

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Listening to Colin Slater - I love him I do, but Colin, shut up about the crowd getting the players going. 3pm, Sunday afternoon, against Accrington Stanley. Hard to get excited for that. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

The wheel hasn't fallen off but its beginning to wobble. Poor against Walsall. Dire today. The players deserve a trip to Accrington on a cold Tuesday night. Lose and I'd let them find their own way home.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I do think an old fashioned punishment is in order for recent performances. Jimmy used to take them for a long run along the embankment. After today I'd be saying stop when you hit the sea.

An extra training session wont help. Get them to the army camp for a few days of rollickings. Then a night match at AS might go a little easier on all of us.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

That was a very poor, disjointed display. Too many under performers and a distinct lack of quality, urgency and creativity.

Everything good for Notts, and there was precious little of it, involved Dumbuya, Jones and/or Thompson. Once again I was left puzzled by the inconsistent & frustrating Ismail and also today by Petrasso, who never actually drifted into the game. Neither of them looked capable of attacking or threatening the AS defenders and they failed to cause problems bar the odd run here & there. Ismail cuts inside and narrows the options too often, he rarely gets the ball because he is never in the right place to receive it!

Adams was, apparently, MOTM, which is incredible. He managed one decent cross and a couple of tackles but was otherwise atrocious, frequently out of position, too easily beaten and his distribution was nearly as bad as Noble's - and he had an absolute mare.

The young central defender was never really tested but he looked reasonable on the ball and used his physical presence to useful effect a couple of times.

Complete waste of money today, we were awful.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

That was a very poor, disjointed display. Too many under performers and a distinct lack of quality, urgency and creativity.

Everything good for Notts, and there was precious little of it, involved Dumbuya, Jones and/or Thompson. Once again I was left puzzled by the inconsistent & frustrating Ismail and also today by Petrasso, who never actually drifted into the game. Neither of them looked capable of attacking or threatening the AS defenders and they failed to cause problems bar the odd run here & there. Ismail cuts inside and narrows the options too often, he rarely gets the ball because he is never in the right place to receive it!

Adams was, apparently, MOTM, which is incredible. He managed one decent cross and a couple of tackles but was otherwise atrocious, frequently out of position, too easily beaten and his distribution was nearly as bad as Noble's - and he had an absolute mare.

The young central defender was never really tested but he looked reasonable on the ball and used his physical presence to useful effect a couple of times.

Complete waste of money today, we were awful.

Pretty much ties in with the radio reports. Not good at all.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Frustrating first half, I don't mind hoofball when it works but when it doesn't a manager must tell his squad to quit it.

I believe that is exactly what Shaun Derry did at half time, however for me it was clear 10 minutes in that we would struggle unless we took our time and calmed the game down. Passing on the floor would have helped us in the first half, Accrington looked a decent side when they did it! I honestly believe away fans will openly admit that we allowed them to look better and fair credit to their support.

Now that isn't to aimed to take anything from their performance which I felt was good but woeful at times, finishing was as to be expected by a League Two side and some of the control...

A Notts fan near me was taking the P, however it was the same for us when we was there!

Very hard game and people told me at half time they was going home, I can't tell you how disappointing that is but it says a lot about the game. Mind you, another fan told me "This is the F.A Cup, I except this and we will change it in the second half".

Shame really because I don't think a replay suited us but well done to Stanley!

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Very disappointing performance. Not many highlights at all. I'm yet to be convinced that Adams is any good and the term Headless chicken springs to mind. Need more creativity from the midfield and not sure we'll get that by continuing to play with Noble and Jones. I don't think I'll waste my time and money going to Coventry after the last two displays!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It was indeed a very disappointing game, I wanted to take Grandson George into the family stand to see how he liked it from behind the goal but the stand was shut so we went in the kop.

I was hoping for at least some good goalmouth action as we were really close to the goal but there was very little action in front of the goal let alone actual goals. Very little atmosphere either. Needless to say George ended up being bored which is a shame because I wanted him to be excited.

Never mind we could be Coventry fans, we could've done without the replay but at least we are in the hat for the next round.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Last season a performance like that would have meant a defeat. Notts were over achieving and bound to go off the boil.

Last season a performance like that would have meant a defeat. Notts were over achieving and bound to go off the boil.

I agree with the point about last year we would have lost.

You can't overachieve in the cup unless you feature a bigger side, we underperformed yesterday. We are bound to go off the boil but isn't that where being complacent and prepared comes into it?

In the League you can only achieve what you set out if you do things the right way, our position is good. Should this mean we allow us to fall? Not for me, we should go into games fighting and playing football. I strongly feel had we have passed on the floor from the first minute, we would have scored and witnessed a a whole different game.

The F.A Cup is a fantastic opportunity for me, I do feel the performances warranted extra effort but it is what it is.

At least we didn't lose.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i was just disappointed we did not raise to the challenge, they had to some physical players which are common in league two but we did not really get going. a small burst after the second half which was short lived, it would have just be nice to end it there and then.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Accrington worked hard, some would say they parked the bus but that would not given them enough credit.

Cup games are always like this, its why fans dont really attend until it reaches a stage where the clubs more attractive and no doubt being a sunday did not help but I felt the attendance was very poor considering.

The game was also, yet we move on.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

Accrington worked hard, some would say they parked the bus but that would not given them enough credit.

Cup games are always like this, its why fans dont really attend until it reaches a stage where the clubs more attractive and no doubt being a sunday did not help but I felt the attendance was very poor considering.

The game was also, yet we move on.

Agree,let's move on.

• Content Count:  908

I did not see where any goal would come from and that is a sign the game will usually end up as a draw.

Accrington was not anything special, yet to be fair we was not either. It is a shame because at home we should be winning these games and its okay for derry to talk about 'devine' rights but they was that poor, we looked like a side who would be playing against them regularly.

Notts go off the boil a little too often for me.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I heard a brief bit of his comments, he sounded annoyed and I didn't what I heard.

That said, I respect his views but it wasn't the best performance and he needs to see that hoofing the ball doesn't work. Petrasso was never able to get any lumped to him. Whereas yes, we're a different team we need to learn and respond quicker when games aren't going our way. They won't always swing in our favour but again, we shouldn't be reclined to battling a uphill battle against a League Two team.

Credit to Stanley but we would have won if we passed on the ground and made better movement.

The short burst of attacking after the 2nd half almost did that and I will say the same as I did last season, why are we scared to move the ball from the centre of the park? Two teams have stopped us dead in our tracks for using the flanks.

Archived