Two Players In?

Chris

10846259_10153652538100961_4953803157636

Shaun Derry targets two players as board backs signings.

"I am very satisfied with what I want to do. The board has given me their full backing and these conversations started two or three weeks ago. Whoever comes in has to be better than what we already have otherwise it defeats the object."

If we can tinker around with the loan players we have, then we wouldn't need many 'fresh' faces and perhaps two could do. I would like to see a defensive midfielder signed, most we have are offensive and only Alan Smith or perhaps Hayden Mullins but a striker and DM would be my preference.

We could loan a winger, right back provided the funds permit.

I'd give Cassidy the chance to return to Wolves, he does try but I think we could find better.

Thoughts?

it makes sense whoever comes in offers something, i am not sure how much better they will be with the limitations with the budget but it is nice to see the board backing the manager as always. i would hope for a striker and winger myself.

We need well scouted first team players that are ours, not loans.

Nothing new in the report really. I think every manager in the land will be saying something similar about they need players that are better than they've got already.

derry does well with scouting, i think @notts-joe mentioned that him and greg do it personally.

who is the main scout now at notts?

i agree that everyone says the same but it would be nice if sd said what positions he wanted to strengthen, i hope we do focus on the weak areas. i think upfront we could manage with but a striker would be nice.

derry does well with scouting, i think @notts-joe mentioned that him and greg do it personally.

who is the main scout now at notts?

i agree that everyone says the same but it would be nice if sd said what positions he wanted to strengthen, i hope we do focus on the weak areas. i think upfront we could manage with but a striker would be nice.

We have got a chief scout, but can't remember his name for the life of me. He's been around the game for a good while though from memory.

Anything has got to be better than show me the money Alexander

is Dolan still about then? Thought he'd gone tbh.

We desperately need a decent striker, that is for sure. I'd can Cassidy asap. Not sure a full back is a priority unkesDunbuyais going to be out for long - he does seem very injury prone. Thompson isn't the answer but he can actually play a bit and is ok further forward.

I'd go for someone in the mould of McGregor - creative and with an eye for goal, not a winger, not a defensive midfielder & not another 30 + man! Who that might be is a difficult one.

Sadly, our young players are simply not good enough & haven't been for years now. Hollis is just a glorified pub player despite the rhetoric about him, he's limited, basic and lacking in talent. For a big bloke who has been doing nothing but training and playing for the past 5 years he is nowhere near as good as he should be and not half as effective as some would have you believe. If he played for Arnold Town, he'd still look clumsy and flat footed. The reality is that Thompdon is probably the best we've managed for 10 years and he can't hold down a 1st team place!

We wouldn't miss McLaughlin - he is absolutely awful. Shockingly poor footballer.

That's more than a bit far fetched, yes he's had a couple of bad games by his standard but calling him a shockingly poor footballer is just strange to me, who would you say is a better winger that has provided more assists this season?

That's more than a bit far fetched, yes he's had a couple of bad games by his standard but calling him a shockingly poor footballer is just strange to me, who would you say is a better winger that has provided more assists this season?

McLaughlin has provided about 3 decent crosses in10 games. "Assists" is a meaningless stat, it is for media jockeys and people who know sod all about football. Dumbuya would have mad a fantastic "assist" at Sheff Utd if McLl could have managed to untangle his feet and stuck the ball in the back of the net, as anyone with a modicum of talent would have done. He has been awful for us, full stop.

At this level I'd say McL is shockingly bad. Ask scum fans what they think about him too - miles away from being a decent .div 1 player at the moment. Accepting cr@p like him is half of our problem tbh.

McLaughlin has provided about 3 decent crosses in10 games. "Assists" is a meaningless stat, it is for media jockeys and people who know sod all about football. Dumbuya would have mad a fantastic "assist" at Sheff Utd if McLl could have managed to untangle his feet and stuck the ball in the back of the net, as anyone with a modicum of talent would have done. He has been awful for us, full stop.

At this level I'd say McL is shockingly bad. Ask scum fans what they think about him too - miles away from being a decent .div 1 player at the moment. Accepting cr@p like him is half of our problem tbh.

You obviously have something against the lad as when you watch him you can't count his contribution, as for your comment about meaningless stats for media jockeys you obviously have no idea really despite what you might try to purvey

Supporter+

I guess it's a case of "one mans meat is another mans poison". I guess you two will have to agree to disagree.

For my part I think @Pies4u comments were a little harsh, McLaughlin hasn't been that bad in my opinion and that's what the game is all about ......opinions.

You obviously have something against the lad as when you watch him you can't count his contribution, as for your comment about meaningless stats for media jockeys you obviously have no idea really despite what you might try to purvey

Nothing against him but don't understand why Notts fans tolerate woefully inadequate footballers in some sort of forlorn hope that they might come good! Haynes was always tripe, Cassidy has been diabolical and so is McLaughlin.

This Americanism "assists" is utterly meaningless. To paraphrase Mr B Clough in another context, if you aren't assisting then you shouldn't be on the pitch!

If Cassidy never gets on the end of anything and can't manage a shot in anger - no pass to him is ever going to be categorised as an assist is it? As I said, Dumbuya contributed to the best move of the game at Sheffield but McLaughlin took longer than an old woman crossing the road and that "assist" went begging. TV pundits and media wallahs love talking cobblers and making the game sound scientific and beyond the rest of us.

It is a simple game and the ability to pass the ball to a team mate shouldn't be seen as special nor should the final ball be classified as more significant than an earlier touch, that is completely ridiculous. If you listen to commentators, they think any pass of more than 2 yards is some sort of miracle!

Archived