Bristol City (A) - Aftermath

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Here's a view of what the general census of the Bristol City fans think.

Before the Game

'Fatalist'; Said "In the game at Meadow Lane they were really timid. Derry said they had no choice but to get men behind the ball, we were so good. They just let us come at them. We really should have had it sewn up long before JET's winner. All this was with them as the HOME side. Don't expect them to come at us all guns blazing tomorrow."

'dandare 1966'; Said "Don,t panic we will get at em and they don,t like it up um."

'Marina's Rolls Royce'; Said "NC competed really well last time at BS3 and we were lucky to win. The TOTL spot is there for us and our team will want that every bit as much as us and more."

'Buckobcfc'; Said "I reckon we will win 3-1 smith to bag a brace and K. Smith to get a screamer from 25 yards."

'old_eastender'; Said "Reckon it will be close, going for 2-1 City win be really good to see Jet score from open play..."

'cidered abroad'; Said "This will be close. Just look at Notts away record. W 5. D 5. L 1."

'Iron Man'; Said "One of the worst teams for their time wasting, need an early goal or it will be one of them days."

Aftermath

'Super'; Said "Worst team I have seen by a mile this season. And by far the worst kit!"

'Slartibartfast'; Said "Only play as well as they're allowed."

'Antman'; Was annoyed by Roy Carrol, he said "petulant, erratic, **** and hilarious in equal measure - how he got away with his 'bribery' gestures i'm not sure,he seemed to be as frustrated with his own team as the fact he kept leaking goals."

'GrahamC'; Said "Notts were desperate, they made Yeovil look like Real Madrid."

Whilst 'chilvers88'; Said "I am seeing a lot of post saying how bad notts were ect but I have to say I think they came here with a game plan not many others have and that was to win themselves but they were just not good enough and I think if they came here today and put 10men behind the ball we probably wouldn't not have scored as many."

'BRISTOL86'; Believes Roy Carroll should be punished for his alleged actions within the game - "He should be facing trouble from the FA for those bribery gestures. Not very professional at all from a player with such experience."

'Aaron-Bcfc'; Said "That's only because we scored early. Their game plan from the beginning was to park the bus and grind out a draw but our goal changed that and forced them to open up a bit. I don't blame Derry at all for setting up negatively though, we have the better team so it's to be expected."

'Northern Red'; Said "Just been having a browse of their forum, the main criticism from their fans seems to be that they're too defensive. Not just today, but as a general point."

'Strawberry2157.'; Said "Worst side this I've seen this season, they had nothing to offer and were lucky they have a decent keeper ... Enjoyable game."

'ChippenhamRed'; Said "A combination of us playing very well in spells, and Notts being poor. The early goal ensured they couldn't park the bus and made for an open game that suited us down to the ground."

'harrys'; Said "you are desperate not to give Jet any credit, spoke to a Notts C. Fan in North Streetafter the game who said that is one of the best performances he's ever seen from a player in his 30 years of following football."

'dezgimed'; Said "I liked their kit. ADO Den Haag esque."

'ChippenhamRed'; Returned and said "Fully expected them to park the bus but to be fair to them, they kept trying to play even when 4-0 down. Absolutely nothing up top though."

Which comments stand out to you and why? What are your thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I like the comments about -

having nothing up top.... they are right we don't.

going with a game plan... I would fully expect any team, managed by anybody, to have a plan, how stupid would it be to turn up without any idea how you are going to play. just a shame SD couldn't do the old Hannibal line.

Disliking of our kit.... Jesus bloomin wept, have they seen the colour of their's how rubbish (or similar words) is that... The Away kit is what it is, not my favourite, but it isn't r*d

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

and they won? i would hate to see their reaction to losing.

some very bitter and childish comments there, what our shirt has to do with it god knows but they can hardly talk with that barney shirt @weymouthPIE mentioned back at the start of the season.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Can't think why our away strip has anything to do with it! Still say Swindon best team to come to Meadow Lane, hope they win tomorrow too. ;)

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

Not all winners can be good sports, this tells me they like to seize the moment and are not used to running a way with a league.

Cotterill should remind them how poor of aside they were last year.

Our shirt has nothing at all do with them, its only our fans who are valued with opinions and if they dont like it, its not like they will buy it so they should keep quiet and focus their moment before the bubble bursts. They are exactly like our dirty neighbours!

We all make comments about opposition shirts, though they could have started a discussion about the subject alone.

Personally I only do when it's quite shocking and I don't think ours is, obviously with me buying it I could be being biased but I love it. It reminds me of Australia's a few years ago. Quite poor in the comments that they don't understand that when you play well, not always will your opposition. We might have been poor, yet at least we'll remain grounded.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Big heads, i would have loved to see their responses to games last season.

• Content Count:  906
  • Days Won:  3

Chippenham red said it all really

Spot on!

Majority are just mindless comments made at a point where they are celebrating, we was poor. We can accept that and move on.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Wonder what the status is of Mr Spencer. Anyone know?

@Canadian the equipment which was purchased to help him was supposed to knock off 2/3 months, I hear he's doing well and has been training for awhile.

Another couple of months perhaps?

He'll probably get back towards the end, I just hope we don't risk his injury.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

If they expected us to park the bus, they should be more than happy with the way they played, rather than moaning about us being poor.

You know a quality side when the fans understand the game.

We're being labelled 'poor losers' and 'bitter'.

It seems only Bristol City fans can leave their honest views and discuss these types of moments in football. Did anyone actually predict us to win? No, we know they are a quality side and was bound to win us due to our current form. I can accept that we was poor because that's the truth but all 4 goals were gifted, that doesn't knock their performance but what it does suggest is that on a better day it would have been a loss by much fewer goals.

Obviously if they 'went' full throttle in the game it could have been more, at least they think so. What stopped them from doing this?

Good Luck to Bristol City.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I think we gave them credit from the game, they did well and beat a poorer side. Poor losers? Bitter? Okay. :ahappy:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think some of the comments were right, listening to the radio we did come to "park the bus" and hopefully nick a point or three (I think Colin mentioned five across the back) but the early goal changed our game plan and we had to come out and play, in the end they were just too good for us.

Regarding comments about the shirt it doesn't matter whether they like it or not, what matters is whether Notts fans like it.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We may not have played that great but some of those fans just looked like they couldn't think of anything better to say. Only Notts fans and staff know how we play every match... they can't really have a fully justified opinion to that.

• Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

I am, as you know, a Swindon Town supporter although I live nearer to Ashton Gate than the County Ground. I lived for many years in Frome, Somerset which is a City stronghold and so am well used to the local medias view that there is one team only in the West and it is not us.

I will not tempt the Football Gods by denigrating them but when we ended their unbeaten start to the season Steve Cotterill reacted quite badly. He lost his composure during the match and that seemed to affect their performance. You must be realistic and give credit where it is due both in victory and defeat.

They have a good team but have failed to leave the pack behind despite such a strong start.

January is going to be tough for us since our midfield is depleted with Massimo Luongo and Yasir Kasim on international duty in Australia  ... but you just have to get on with it.

I hope your form returns soon. I admired Shaun Derry as a player and hope he turns the corner (apart from 07th March).

Archived