Your favourite holiday destination

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

As the title suggests, what is your favourite holiday destination? Also include a destination where you would like to go.

Discuss...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I live in one of my favourite holiday destinations of years past. Saying that I love some of the places we have been even though we don't go back.

Rented cottage in Southern Ireland

Hotel in Majorca

Hotel In Sardinia

Drive and stays that we have done....

All different but delightful non the less, just will not do package tours or cruises...

and I think the Caribbean is looking good for next winter... 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i like ireland, that is one of my favourite places to go a way. i have not really been many other places.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This country - probably Isle of Wight we've been there quite a lot in our camper, lots of walking, lovely old pubs, traditional seaside towns with lovely sandy beaches.

Abroad - we love Brittany, France went almost every year camping from when our two boys were toddlers until their teens, now we like to go either in our camper or in a static van.

Recently we have discovered cruising and we love it but our bank manager doesn't. Best place we've been on a cruise was Dubrovnic and Corfu.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Rome - Beautiful city. I took the train to Anzio, the beach there is amazing. 

Vienna - Clean, Friendly, Beautiful, Great food, Loads to see and do etc etc. 

Krakow - Dirt cheap but a wonderful destination. Loved walking around the city. The Salt Mine is close by. One of the modern wonders of the world IMO. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Anywhere I haven't been to yet!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

My wife is Turkish so we spend our holidays in Turkey every year. Istanbul isn't a relaxing place to go but there's so much to see, do and experience, you won't want to come home. And everything is cheap there! If we want to enjoy the sun we head for the south coast near Antalya. The weather is always good, the local food is great and the people friendly. There is a chance your hotel will be next door to a mosque and you'll get woken up at 5am, but it's a risk worth taking!

When I come back with the missus we try to fit in a short break somewhere nice but not too far away. She liked Lincoln and York, Edinburgh will hopefully be next. Anyone got any more ideas?

A bit closer to home, Strasbourg is wonderful for a weekend (just leave the car at home). I'd love to go to Italy, perhaps when we play Juve in the Champions League.

For me it's Skegness and people can laugh, though it's suitable for my family and that's all that matters.

@GrannyPie can be pushed everywhere with limited trouble, the children know what to expect and @super_ram is free to engage his drinking habit. I really couldn't word it better for him! It's a nice home away from here.

Supporter+

For me it's Skegness and people can laugh, though it's suitable for my family and that's all that matters.

@GrannyPie can be pushed everywhere with limited trouble, the children know what to expect and @super_ram is free to engage his drinking habit. I really couldn't word it better for him! It's a nice home away from here.

I'm not laughing, nowt wrong with Skeggy, easily accessible, plenty to do and great for kids.

My mam and dad always used to take us to Mablethorpe, we had a chalet on the front and they used to sit and drink tea while us kids enjoyed playing on the beach. Brilliant memories.

Supporter+

When I come back with the missus we try to fit in a short break somewhere nice but not too far away. She liked Lincoln and York, Edinburgh will hopefully be next. Anyone got any more ideas?

Chester is nice, an old medieval town with lots of history.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Egypt and Majorca are two of my favourite holiday destinations.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Egypt and Majorca are two of my favourite holiday destinations.

Majorca is my favourite. Temperature about right for me. Lovely hotel choice etc...

I would love to go to Egypt and lots of other middle eastern countries, but sadly, don't expect to now. I would have loved to look at the cultural side of Iraq before it all kicked off. Nothing to do with politics, just pure historical interest and cultural.

Maybe when he hit retirement we might get to go to adult places, but with the kids, they don't want to go to countries just for the hell of it. They want swimming pools, coke and fun.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Canada;

I haven't Even been outside the Province of Ontario in 15 years. But i Love little B & B's  in the most remote parts of ON (ontario's Abbreviation :) )

My Girlfriend and I have planned,  over the next 13 years, we;ll  discover all 13 Provinces, I'm looking forward to the Rockies in Alberta & BC

Coming a close second; Has to be Skeggy, Got loads of memories there and, I just love it. So No laughing from me :P 

Same here. Take the family every year as, like you say, you know what to expect and the kids thrive on that. It will be a blow if Fantasy Island closes though as that is one of the kids favourites.

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

I really dislike Skegness, don't like the beach nor the people, it just doesn't float my boat but having said that I can understand why people like it, everything is accessible and there are a lot of child friendly cafe's etc.

I love Bournemouth, well more particularly Alum Chine, amazing beach brilliant facilities, you cannot beat the ice cream that you get there, the tide is always on your side, you can have a bbq on the beach after 6pm, there is a harvester on the beach front it's just perfect for us. It's very similar to Weymouth but the beach at Weymouth is always far too busy for it to be enjoyed properly due mainly to it's relatively small size.

Jersey is also a really really nice place within the British Isles, @tonyhateley if you haven't been then I implore you to go, especially during the flower festival in August

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Skegvegas? No thanks, a bit grubby and I always bump into people I've come away to escape from.

UK I'd go for Bridlington, lovely little seaside town and lots to see and do nearby. Close second is the Isle of Wight. Beautiful place, even got married there!

Abroad current fave is Malta, went last year and rebooked for this year a week after coming back. Defo worth a visit if you've never been. Second to that are the Canary Islands, sun all year round.

Regards Allen. You Pies!

Skegvegas? No thanks, a bit grubby and I always bump into people I've come away to escape from.

UK I'd go for Bridlington, lovely little seaside town and lots to see and do nearby. Close second is the Isle of Wight. Beautiful place, even got married there!

Abroad current fave is Malta, went last year and rebooked for this year a week after coming back. Defo worth a visit if you've never been. Second to that are the Canary Islands, sun all year round.

Regards Allen. You Pies!

Where in Malta @Captain Sticky?

We got married over there and saw most of the Island. It helped that we had the same taxi driver all holiday. He knew he was onto a winner so he gave us his number to be called 24 / 7 so every trip out he got a call. That and trying the local buses out there.

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Mellieha bay in the South, 10 mins from the Gozo ferry. Booked the same hotel again. I hired a car, it's definitely advisable.

Only went for 7 days and didn't see enough so 11 days in August booked.

Regards Allen. You Pies!

Supporter+

Jersey is also a really really nice place within the British Isles, @tonyhateley if you haven't been then I implore you to go, especially during the flower festival in August

It's somewhere we have always wanted to go but never got round to it but it's on our list.

• Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

It's somewhere we have always wanted to go but never got round to it but it's on our list.

When you do go don't get booked into a hotel in St Hellier as you will be paying through the nose for nothing, when i went I stayed in the Millbrook house hotel, a lovely place and they can / will book all of the tours for you and there is / used to be?? a cycle hire firm about 150yds down the road.

When you do go you have to check out the glass church and the german underground hospital. Also you will have to do the 'bergerac' and have a drink in the pub that was in the series

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

If im staying in the UK then Cornwall would win hands down for me. Skegvegas well I have been there a few times in the last few yrs a day trip with @notts-joe and also spent a few days there as well also with  @notts-joe.

Abroad ive been many times to Switzerland which although not the cheapest place is a stunning country.

By far the best place ive been though is Kefalonia WOW what an island.

Have you been to Hungary? #NoJamesNoStay

Not good enough!

Archived