Why Did You Join Pride Of Nottingham?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Why did you join Pride of Nottingham?

I've been thinking a lot lately, as I spend time analyzing the site. I asked on Facebook how people found us, although the page doesn't really draw or catch peoples attentions enough to get a fair report back. I was, as I always am chuffed with the responses as they gave a good insight and I am always excited when someone share their opinion (it's the whole reason for the page). I'm now planning our content range and things I'd like in place, sadly I don't have all the time to do the things I'd like so for now I will rotate but the balance being right is the most important thing about running a site.

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd like you to answer the above question. It will help me, it might also attract the attention of readers who may join or members who are still lurking into taking part.

To summaries your opinions, I can enhance my plan and make sure it fits around the people who matter.

Thanks for your support,

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Because it's a nice, new, refreshing site that (at the moment) isn't getting out of hand like NCM. Its members pass reasonable comments and post constructive replies.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

i joined because i rely on my mobile, the site seemed fun and i could see the site was cared about. the effort you put in joe will one day be repaid.

personally i would find it too frustrating myself but its coming along.

i dislike the (for now comment) above also, when people care they would not bicker or abuse people and i have faith that joe or cheeky can handle the growth. i respect this tho

any newpie in the making reading, just give the site a chance. i wished more would spend time on here!

Because it's a nice, new, refreshing site that (at the moment) isn't getting out of hand like NCM. Its members pass reasonable comments and post constructive replies.

Thanks Dave, I hope we can always provide somewhere fun and as we gain more active writers the site will largely benefit more. :)

i joined because i rely on my mobile, the site seemed fun and i could see the site was cared about. the effort you put in joe will one day be repaid.

personally i would find it too frustrating myself but its coming along.

i dislike the (for now comment) above also, when people care they would not bicker or abuse people and i have faith that joe or cheeky can handle the growth. i respect this tho

any newpie in the making reading, just give the site a chance. i wished more would spend time on here!

That's nice to hear Liam, our focus was to make sure the site would be friendly to both phones and tablets and although issues do occur I always try my hardest to resolve them or ask a friend. (Pete our main help, is brilliant for this)

You can't really allow the frustration to get the better of you, it's worth doing and so you keep at it.

I respect Dave's opinion, I know your both people who enjoy the site and I don't think Dave intended the comments in any negative way. Things do sadly change Liam, not everything stays the same but i can promise I won't tolerate abusive messages or personal attacks, communities are no good for this reason and people need to respect each other by not rising to childish behaviour.

Thank you buddy!

• Content Count:  176
  • Days Won:  8

Hi liampie

Sorry if that came over wrong. Just my way of phrasing it. I hope that this site lasts forever and attracts a lot more posters. Just not some of those on the other site I referred to.

• Content Count:  12,916
  • Days Won:  162

Hi liampie

Sorry if that came over wrong. Just my way of phrasing it. I hope that this site lasts forever and attracts a lot more posters. Just not some of those on the other site I referred to.

that's okay, i was being too defensive. i hope more will take the dive as it will add to the fun. i'm not judged for being young or how i type, that for speaks volumes.

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

i joined after receiving a email from Joe, which I had left a message on the other fan site. Joe had mentioned that he was in the process of starting up a fan site, i was too. Joe helped me and friendlyshrew to start our fan site, he advised us and helped install things, since i've become friends with him and I am proud to be apart of the site. Time is limited lately but I always read!

this place always did look promising but Joe keeps taking two steps each time rather than one, it's come along very well.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,518
  • Days Won:  9

I had been reading for awhile in the background, after the Hartlepool game I think. Someone who I believe to be Joe handed a flyer at one of the away games, very friendly and I asked a couple of questions about the site. I'm not usually involved in sites like this, I had quit using NCM a long tome ago and I haven't visited anywhere apart from the O/S and Facebook for updates but this site really is something! I only get a few hours every now or then, I try to make sure I do help with activity as I notice the friendly community notice. More fans should consider joining, It's very friendly and easy to use. Joe also kindly helped me upload my picture! I couldn't figure out exactly why I could not do it myself.

Very good site!

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I joined because I like using forums and interacting with people, although I also like to remain anonymous. I obviously have an interest in Notts County, I tried the Mad site but found it not very user friendly i.e. software and also not very friendly from the people who populated it.

I then tried the magpieweb site and was a regular poster on there and tried my best to keep posting and encouraging other people to post but unfortunately the posts got less and less and I ended up talking to myself, then I found this site when Aileen Trew kindly retweeted about it so I thought I would give it a try and I have found it really good.

The people on here are very friendly and you (Joe) do a great job in keeping the content fresh and interesting, Liam said that people don't judge him for being too young, well the same goes for me being at the opposite end of the spectrum at 60 I'm probably one of the elder members on here but I feel I fit in with everyone else.

I think that as the site grows (and hopefully it will) it will be important to keep the site well moderated to stop abusive posts and I trust Joe and his team to do this.

In summary if there are any lurkers out there reading this, take the plunge and come and join us you will find a friendly welcome from fellow football fans.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I joined when Notts-Joe asked me to help him out with the site. I obviously have less time to spend on here than he does but i get on here when i can. I enjoy posting and replying to the other friendly members posts. It will get busier as it gets seen and more people join.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

How could I not join this site,it's so friendly!Ok,you're my son who initially asked for my support and ,to start with I was a bit apprehensive as a Rams fan.I've got more into it as time has passed because it's so interesting and fun.I think my opinions are well documented by my posts on other parts of this site.COME ON YOU RAMS!COME ON YOU PIES!COME ON'PRIDE OF NOTTINGHAM'

THE BEST!!!!!

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

I saw a post from Joe on a Walsall fans site asking for help with answers  for Walsall V. Notts County questions but saw it too late. Asked him the name of his site and was directed here! Glad I joined-smashing site, very friendly.

Glad you like it Sadlad.What do you think of Walsall's own chances of promotion?

Well at the moment Super Ram there is still a chance of reaching the play offs. Saturday's comeback against Crawley was amazing! 0-2 down then goals in the 90th and 94th minute gave us a very welcome point. It felt like a win. Still got Cov (H) and Yeovil (a) which are vitally important. This Saturday I'm off to Hartlepool hoping for a win to stay with the pack. Tomorrow(Tuesday) Swindon take on Yeovil which is one to watch. Its been a pleasure watching Walsall this season since mid-December when our fortunes changed and think we have only had one dfeat since then. Our young players are really performing. So yes a bit hopefull and we are only 3 pts behind the 6th place club. Walsall are one of a small bunch of clubs never to play at Wembley so that would be a great day out.

I bet some fans missed the 2 late goals,Sadlad.Bet you were jumping about a bit too!Nice to hear young players coming through,it bodes well for the future of your club.I will be looking out for all the results coming up. I think Notts have a little bit to much to do but wish both teams the best.I've only seen the Rams at Wembley once,v West Ham in the charity shield and it WAS a great day out and would have meant even more if that match hadn't been a friendly

Yes Super Ram there are a gang of sometimes 10 to 15 who sit in the same area and we were jumping all over each other when that second went in!  Some of us are supposed to sit elsewhere but there are plenty of empty seats so we congregate. Next season though we will be all together officially. Already got my 2013-14 season ticket has have  most of the others. We have an 'early bird' offer which is good value. Only works out  around £10 a game that way.

Good value season ticket,Sadlad,even better if you DO get promoted.

• Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  1

i joined as my husband and son are notts fans, so obviously i got interested. ive been to many games too. i was hoping to join a forum which is friendly. i have been on other notts county sites which i found very hostile and ended up never going back too.

i look forward to this site growing and the number of members increasing. then we will have a wide variety of topics and opinions on subjects

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

I joined because i like going on forums that are anything to do with my beloved Notts County Football Club. Post the odd thing on NCM, but like a lot of people say on here, it's not the most friendly site to be on, and very clique-ish.

I joined because i like going on forums that are anything to do with my beloved Notts County Football Club. Post the odd thing on NCM, but like a lot of people say on here, it's not the most friendly site to be on, and very clique-ish.

It's very nice to have you here and contributing to our future :)

I thought Tony might of been responsible for bringing you here, to which I would be lost without him and many of the other members who give me something positive to do on a daily basis.

Wished I could add why I joined but it's obvious! lol..

Archived