Bye bye Bajner

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's being reported that our cult hero (was he a cult hero for us?) is being heavily linked with several League One teams and is set to leave, now this isn't news to me. I had been told very early on, that Bajner wanted to play above League Two and that he was set to refuse signing a new contract.

No major disappointment but I do feel he could have done very well within the basement of English football.

It means we require two strikers however, both of which need to be strong and able to score goals. If I was Moniz I would have tried convincing Bajner his future was at our club and a short stint in League Two would have done him the world of good but as it stands, it seems Oldham or another club will snap him up.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Fact is he wants to move on, so let him. We should sign Pope who could do a good job for us!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

I think its a lose but also a positive because it allows us to move forward and at least we fans know what's going on. We shouldn't hear about things like this from the media but the club itself.

Bajner will surprise some of our fans in my opinion.

Good luck to him!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  3

Good riddance to him, we need leaders and examples on the field. Not a player who spends the most if his playing time dreaming of the big time!

• Content Count:  310

I am not remotely fussed, I think he was always likely to leave because it seemed more beneficial to both parties to see where we stood at the end of last season. I also never felt for a single second he would step down with us or want to help us reclaim our league one status. He seems too selfish for that, he isnt the star in which he thinks he is.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

He has the skill and ability but not the work rate to be a player who can stand out much higher than the lower leagues here. I think a few seasons would have been good for him with a regular club, so staying here might have been best but he has decided to move on. You don't cry over spilled milk, so we won't moan over him. Good luck to him and his future.

• Content Count:  50

I secretly hoped he would stay because I feel he has a lot to prove.

He did well in the limited time he played for us, much better than most of our fans will give the lad credit for. He had been marked out of games, yet still managed to show that extra bit of class when it came to scoring important goals and at this level he would have been a power house.

Its our loss!

• Content Count:  102

Thanks for the short memories Bajner, best wishes a magpie fan.

Thats about all he deserves to be fair!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not bothered at all. More concerned with the idea of we are talking to these 3 players, yet they all say nothing has been offered.

Looks like a striker will be needed to cover if we're assuming Spencer and Murray will go up front with Bishop as their backup.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

No matter what, people will flicker their views and if he scores for fun at the next club. People will complain he should have been offered a good deal! I haven't seen him play obviously but from the highlights he seemed good.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i do think he could have been useful at notts but good luck to him.

• Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  11

6ft 5" and hardly won any headers..need I say more

• Content Count:  894

6ft 5" and hardly won any headers..need I say more

• Content Count:  627

I don't think Bajner offers anything that Spencer doesn't, unless I'm missing something? He could seem absent from games for large periods of time, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, didn't seem to use his height as well as he could. I wish him the best of luck but I hope we can improve in that area with wages being released from Bajner's departure.

Archived