Adam Campbell

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We are being linked with a very promising striker, no doubt the one that Mr Trew had mentioned having played in the Premier League. He's quite highly rated, strong on the ball and enjoyed playing successful reserve team football. I think he could be good signing for us, I can see him scoring within League One and Two and if we could capture his signature it would be a good addition to the squad.

Notts County are believed to have shown an interest in former Newcastle United striker Adam Campbell as their recruitment drive intensifies.

Campbell was one of five players released by the Premier League club at the end of the season.

And the 20-year-old is attracting admiring glances from a number of clubs, having once been tipped to have a promising career at St James' Park.

What do you folks think?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't look too bad at all! Scored 3 in 8 in the conference in the last half season; equivalent to 17 in a full season. If we do get him we might've found ourselves a good goalscorer, but due to his lack of height we might need a target man alongside him. Fingers crossed he signs.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  11

We want players to play now, not the future. Am I right in my thinking

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You never know unless you give them a chance, if this lad scored an hattrick in his debut, fans would be saying he's massive signing. Likewise if he ends up elsewhere and doing well, he will be frowned upon for not having signed or considered ready.

We need a mix in my opinion.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Well I read the article submitted today and he sounds quite promising.

I think Notts gamble on the wrong players, this lad comes with promise and for what this worth, I feel it's the type which deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

No Harm in Trying, Especially the way Moniz is Trying to play

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  33

We are being linked with a very promising striker, no doubt the one that Mr Trew had mentioned having played in the Premier League. He's quite highly rated, strong on the ball and enjoyed playing successful reserve team football. I think he could be good signing for us, I can see him scoring within League One and Two and if we could capture his signature it would be a good addition to the squad.

What do you folks think?

He is one of 3 young players we are signing for the future

• Content Count:  33

We want to obviously concentrate on the here and now but with one eye on the future.  We have entered a team into the reserve League for this new campaign and the players not involved in the 16 will play in these games to keep them match fit and ready for the first team should the need arise.  Ricardo is keeping an eye over all our teams as he wants them all to play the same way so when they step up they are ready for the next level

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Do you think we will need to fill the mid 20's gap though Mr Trew as we seem to be focused on promise or thirty or above? Maybe the mid 20's will be the next step if things go right and we o up straight away.

(Maybe i've just answered my own question!)

We want to obviously concentrate on the here and now but with one eye on the future.  We have entered a team into the reserve League for this new campaign and the players not involved in the 16 will play in these games to keep them match fit and ready for the first team should the need arise.  Ricardo is keeping an eye over all our teams as he wants them all to play the same way so when they step up they are ready for the next level

Was this in the pipeline before Ricardo arrived or is this off his initiative? I for one have been promoting this idea for many years now as I always saw the 'friendlies' as not a fair platform for returning from injury players or younger lads wanting to step up match fitness on a regular basis.

Will these be held at Arnold or the Lane?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I'm so pleased to hear we are going to have a proper reserve team, that is really good news.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I'm so pleased to hear we are going to have a proper reserve team, that is really good news.

Yes, having a proper reserve team will hopefully help. We must support this, as before I do not feel the dev team offered us much.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Reserves... Get in! This will be the closest thing they get to first team games, at least they will be kept to a decent level of match fitness and playing in the style and practice formations... it also benefits the club in that RM will be able to try things in match scenarios

Reserves... Get in! This will be the closest thing they get to first team games, at least they will be kept to a decent level of match fitness and playing in the style and practice formations... it also benefits the club in that RM will be able to try things in match scenarios

Agree whole-heartedly! A hole club vision is vital and if RM can use the reserves as well to practise, then it can only be a good thing.

• Content Count:  102

I wonder how it would bode for Adam to be on the verge of premiership stardom, to end up playing reserve football for a league two club.

He looks a pretty decent lad actually, by all accounts.

• Content Count:  381

Campbell could be a fine player in 2 to 3 years time, I would not lose this chance to sign him now.

He always does well on Football Manager! I am surprised we have not signed him sooner. ;)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

looks like he may be a reserve player, which would allow him chance to prove himself.

Cambpell and bishop future duo strike partnership i think!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Do you think we will need to fill the mid 20's gap though Mr Trew as we seem to be focused on promise or thirty or above? Maybe the mid 20's will be the next step if things go right and we o up straight away.

(Maybe i've just answered my own question!)

This. We seem to sign players who are over 30 (although 32 is a big improvement on 36, as last season's signings were) or unproven prospects. Would like to see more players with some experience who are just approaching their prime, but I know they don't necessarily come cheap.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

We want to obviously concentrate on the here and now but with one eye on the future. We have entered a team into the reserve League for this new campaign and the players not involved in the 16 will play in these games to keep them match fit and ready for the first team should the need arise. Ricardo is keeping an eye over all our teams as he wants them all to play the same way so when they step up they are ready for the next level

Ricardo sounds very proactive, this can only lead to success because I firmly believe in hard work paying off.

Archived