Daily thread- Thursday 13th August 2015

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Well it is a clear sky and I have to work..

That will be the day...what about you?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Morning all. No work for me or anything resembling work, our grandkids have gone on holiday for two weeks so we are free for a bit to do what we want.

We lay on the sun loungers last night watching the shooting stars and saw quite a few. Anyone else see any apparently it's the remnants of a comet tail and the "stars" are actually debris the smallest as big as a grain of sand and the biggest the size of a pea, as they enter the earth's atmosphere they burn up and cause the phenomenon known as shooting stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Did you see that huge explosion in China? Flames shot hundreds of feet into the air! The true extent of this won't be known for days but it looks like carnage on a massive scale. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-33896292

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm heading off to take my theory test, I'm quietly confident and in fact I'm not actually nervous.

I think I stand a very good chance of passing, I just need to take my time and not rush it. I'm just hoping the observation part doesn't workout like last time, the mouse became stuck and in one of the video segments it just kept clicking. I mentioned this to the very rude supervisor, so if he's there today, I'm telling him straight to watch out if the mouse goes berzerk - Seriously, I don't think it's far to test someone with a dodgy mouse that get stuck. The "I've heard it all before", doesn't wash with me.

Then, I need to edit the PONcast. Upload some articles, finish off other jobs etc.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I have less to do today, but i'm sure it will mount up as theres always something to do with kids about. I might get on with doing some of the odd jobs i never get around to doing. Energy is definitely needed today as i just can't be bothered haha.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Been and had my hair cut, a few jobs to do uptown, then down the allotment blackberry picking. Just chilling now and being on P o N.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well I didn't pass folks, though I am happy because I did pass the question segment.

I failed the hazard part and I think this is because I pressed to developing hazards to early, it seems the case because I didn't score anything on a couple and I know I saw each hazard, so I can only assume it's because I was little trigger happy (as I do tend to notice things way before others would). I'll give it a bit of chance to happen first next time.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Sorry to hear you didn't pass @notts-joe, I'm glad they didn't have a theory test in my day I found the actual driving test bad enough, although I did pass first time but had to have loads of lessons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Ne'r mind @notts-joe... there's always tomorrow ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Like others have said @notts-joe there's always another day!

Been to Hunstanton today. Muchhhhhhhh better than Cromer. Not as full on as Great Yarmouth, but still got a good atmosphere. Kids loved the area and the rides etc...and we all enjoyed walking down the front. In fact that's probably what Cromer is missing, a long walk along the side of the beach where the usual arcades, ice cream and sea food sellers can stand. It all adds to the experience.

Bad weather report for tomorrow so aiming for indoors ideas such as ten pin bowling etc... with the kids having the most fun possible!

Archived