Jeremy Corbyn in Nottingham

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

For all those that are interested...

Here is the link to the audio recording of tonight's rally.

Well worth a listen, not just for JC, but for the others from the panel.

For those who take any interest in politics then listen to Richard Murphy (no relation!!!) And the explanation of the way forward with the economics.

Of course listen to the whole thing with JC on superb form!!!

http://ng-digital.co.uk/catchup/index.php/2015/08/20/jeremy-corbyn-leadership-rally-nottingham-august-2015/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I find it unsettling that the Labour organization are excluding people from the voting process. It seems they will go to any lengths to deny JC victory, even to the point of being seen as undemocratic. Is it any surprise to see Blairites at the forefront of this policy? I don't think so, they are still in denial over their part in the illegal invasion of Iraq. Labout right now is not how Labour should be. JC might change all that. 

The only thing I disagree with there @Dripsey3 is the last statement.

Jeremy Cornyn WILL change that.

His belief that the democratic right comes before the Parliamentary Labour Party is unwavering. Such a change to hear a man so humble and self-deprecating.

This is the reason is why the movement has gathered such force so quickly. People of all ages are beginning to realise that what he is saying is correct, honest and will work.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2015/08/21/on-corbynomics-last-night/

The biggest challenge will be the economy. This explains truthfully how he will do it.

Not campaigning here. Just asking people to find holes in it because with the greatest respect, if every single economist questioned on the subject says it will work then whoever says it won't needs to have a strong point which Richard will answer.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont pay attention to politics all that much, i actually dont know who this jeremy cornyn is until he decided to run for the leadership.

if they did not fight over who should lead, i might perhaps pay more attention but i am afraid its just silly. i really dont care, provided whoever gets the leadership is better than the current idiot in charge of this nation. i think gordon brown would be welcomed back as the labour leader!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

i dont pay attention to politics all that much, i actually dont know who this jeremy cornyn is until he decided to run for the leadership.

if they did not fight over who should lead, i might perhaps pay more attention but i am afraid its just silly. i really dont care, provided whoever gets the leadership is better than the current idiot in charge of this nation. i think gordon brown would be welcomed back as the labour leader!

In a leadership election of course there will be debates about the party's future direction. Only in this election, only one of the candidates is actually talking about politics and visions while the other three are slandering and insulting him. Whatever you think of Jeremy Corbyn and his politics, you've got to admit that he sticks to the issues and doesn't get involved with any of the slanging matches or personality-led nonsense.

Supporter+

Andy Burnham getting his excuses in early.....Looks like there will be a re-run if JC wins, I wonder if the other candidates will be shouting for a re-run if they win? Doubt it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34013497

For many years now Labour has been led by a small, distant neoliberal clique. Now this clique fears losing power and influence, they are moving to ensure that clearly the most popular candidate doesn't win. That didn't work in debate as their only argument was "he's unelectable" without explaining why (note: it's not 1983 any more), so they're now proceeding to rig the vote. The vote-rigging in turn has been justified by 260 members of other parties (and TUSC, which isn't even a party in its own right) registering as supporters. 260. Out of an electorate of 600,000.

If JC does win, the parliamentary Labour Party has a whole host of mardy, entitled MPs *COUGHJohnMann* who are ready and able to turf him out again. If they're politically savvy they'll wait for an opportune moment, if not they'll do it on day one and risk destroying the party completely.

I'd love to be proven wrong as in JC we at last have someone with a positive vision for our country and not the usual race-to-the-bottom nonsense spouted by our political establishment.

Andy Burnham getting his excuses in early.....Looks like there will be a re-run if JC wins, I wonder if the other candidates will be shouting for a re-run if they win? Doubt it.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34013497

That's just my point – they're talking up the risk of infiltration to justify the vote rigging that's now going on!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have to be honest, I think the people of the U.K should name the next leader for any party - especially if the party themselves cannot come to a decision.

I have to be honest, I think the people of the U.K should name the next leader for any party - especially if the party themselves cannot come to a decision.

The party will come to a decision. The battle begins to ensure those in the Westminster bubble stick to it.

As @DangerousSausage has said, JC has spoken with respect, loyalty to his beliefs and honesty. When was the last time you can name a politician who did that?

@liampie Gordon Brown won't be welcomed back I can assure you. He may be seen as more credible than Tory Blair, but the rock at the bottom of the pond has more credibility than him.

JC is reaching out to exactly someone like your good self. Blunt, to the point politics which people can understand and buy into for the good of the country. Infighting will happen anywhere when people clinging to the last hopes of faded power are on the way out, but as has been said, JC has avoided all of that.

Jeremy is standing to deliver:

• A new kind of politics: a fairer, kinder Britain based on innovation, decent jobs and decent public services.

• Growth not austerity – with a national investment bank to help create tomorrow's jobs and reduce the deficit fairly. Fair taxes for all - let the broadest shoulders bear the biggest burden to balance the books.

• A lower welfare bill through investment and growth not squeezing the least well-off and cuts to child tax credits.

• Action on climate change - for the long-term interest of the planet rather than the short-term interests of corporate profits.

• Public ownership of railways and in the energy sector - privatisation has put profits before people.

• Decent homes for all in public and private sectors by 2025 through a big housebuilding programme and controlling rents.

• No more illegal wars, a foreign policy that prioritises justice and assistance. Replacing Trident not with a new generation of nuclear weapons but jobs that retain the communities’ skills.

• Fully-funded NHS, integrated with social care, with an end to privatisation in health.

• Protection at work – no zero hours contracts, strong collective bargaining to stamp out workplace injustice.

• Equality for all – a society that accepts no barriers to everyone’s talents and contribution. An end to scapegoating of migrants.

• A life-long national education service for decent skills and opportunities throughout our lives: universal childcare, abolishing student fees and restoring grants, and funding adult skills training throughout our lives

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Laudible as many of his policies are I have the feeling that if he leads the labour party into a general election he will be annilated by the majority of the British press and the public will believe all the lies and scaremongering put out by the likes of the Sun etc.

Laudible as many of his policies are I have the feeling that if he leads the labour party into a general election he will be annilated by the majority of the British press and the public will believe all the lies and scaremongering put out by the likes of the Sun etc.

I don't doubt it for one second @tonyhateley, but as he said himself last night, this campaign has proven people can move away from the ridiculous headlines printed in the sun or the daily mail. Social networking such as twitter and FB has led many to the JC campaign and whether the traditional papers like it or not people are moving away from them in droves to consume real instantaneous news from social media. Hence his campaign has been so successful because of policies and his media presence.

Supporter+

Interesting article @hissingdwarf thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Who will vote for a 71 year old lefty dinosaur at the next election, not me.Tories have saved the country from the mess left by labour yet again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Supporter+

Who will vote for a 71 year old lefty dinosaur at the next election, not me.Tories have saved the country from the mess left by labour yet again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hello @joe crow welcome to PoN, judging by the reception he is getting when he speaks it looks like quite a few will vote for him, as for being 71 I don't see that as a barrier at all, a lot of people are fed up with young, perfect looking, manufactured politicians, it will make a refreshing change to have a down to earth plain speaking person.

I'll mirror exactly what @tonyhateley has said. You only judge the candidates on their ability to speak and pull people in. I think even the blues can see with their own eyes that support for JC is so much larger than any other candidate and that in itself means less votes for the people continue to run the country into the ground.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I cannot wait for JC to take over the leadership of the Labour Party. FACT!

It will bring the labour party back to where it should be, back to it's roots, and back to it's initial core values. And I will gladly accept them as a party with views completely different from my own, and to be fair many of the population. What it might do is swell support for the Liberals and also the Conservatives, the reasoning being: there will be those in the Labour party and they are showing their hands already, that do not wish to be part of a true Labour party!

Bring it on, let us have a true Labour Party, a true Conservative party, and a true Liberal party... why should we have 3 parties all trying to occupy ground as close to the centre as possible... Stand up for you beliefs and support the party you believe in.

I do not believe in PR. I am one who agrees with the First past the post system.

It is my belief that the Labour party has ruined it's own reputation, and it's own credibility with a little help from the Conservatives, let's face it, we didn't need to do much, the Labour hierarchy did the job for us very nicely.

@joe crow Well said brother! we will leave the word Comrade for the Labour supporters on the site to use. There will always be an us and them, no matter who is in power, part of me would love to see them succeed in their plan of firstly getting JC as leader, and then with him winning an election on those policies... It may just about see them off and bring about the last time I have to put up with a Labour government within my lifetime. And that is something worth cheering...

VOTE JEZZA!!!!!!!

Without wanting the politics to ruin a good day for you@PTID1862 exactly which policy do you find unacceptable ? Take the ideas and ideals list, because as JC said himself, that is exactly what it is. Any person involved in the process is entitled to bring forward ideas so policy is formed at member level as well as Westminster bubble level.

All the standing to deliver policies seem achievable and sustainable which will encourgae growth and sustainability giving people a better choice in life.

@hissingdwarf  most if not all, you know my thoughts. we stand for two totally opposite things.

one thing... you wish to see the rise of the unions, I would happily never see them again, they are no longer needed... at our company we have our workforce reps, and they do everything including negotiating pay rises with the company.... the last time the company wanted to pay figure x... we wanted z... we got y, which wasn't that far removed from z... no union, no strike, no fuss, just sensible action. Unions do more damage to the workers than they now solve... back in the day, they were rightly lauded for the good they did... times have changed. I can say this with conviction having been the child in a house with both parents as active Union people... NUPE and UCW, CMA respectively. I have witnessed first hand conversations taken place in our house between one of my parents and other union members.... they stank!

of course these are only our opinions, which, as you know, I will listen to them all... but show me the umpteen thousand page book that lays all this out with hard figures and cash values, because the money isn't there for what Labour want to spend.... and even closing tax loopholes and ending non dom statuses, will not make up the shortfall.

Not even I am happy with everything the Conservative party do, but do we really wish to go back to a party that presides over a country with the following reputation:
The country in the mid-1970s had witnessed the strikes and power shutdowns of the “three-day weekâ€, a stock-market crash, a secondary banking crisis, tough credit controls and the humiliation of its begging mission to the IMF for a loan. “Britain is a tragedy†Henry Kissinger, the US Secretary of State, lamented to President Gerald Ford, “it has sunk to begging, borrowing, stealing.â€

IMO, that is what you and the rest are suggesting. You wont ruin my day, far from it... I can hold my own, never fret..

Supporter+

Capitalism has gone mad across the globe. Why? Because the checks and balances required to keep it in check have disappeared. Banks are now more important than people. They aren't allowed to fail, but the very nature of capitalism is that you stand on your own 2 feet, when Governments intervene it upsets the balance. Until we reign go mad capitalism back in, people are going to look at alternatives, some good, some bad.

@Dripsey3 I can go with that, let the market forces decide!

@PTID1862

Apologies for not saying this earlier btw...I was in a rush to get to the Lane.

Glad to see you want the democratic system to be what it should be...differing sides representing choices for people rather than everyone people a different shade of blue. I agree.

Union wise...I don't want a massive rise in Union militant rule etc...I would prefer the stupid rules being pushed through now to be stopped as I think it is a bit rich to say you must have 50% at least to consider a strike when the Blues have never had a 50% majority in recent times. As everyone knows getting more people involved in any decision is a struggle whether it be ballot for election or strike action.

Mid 70's is not something I or any JC supported I know wants to get back to. Times have changed too much to hark back to the dying days of union control, but that doesn't mean unions don't and cant have a fair place in any workplace. Ask the many workers at Sports Direct if they need help. They wont answer due to losing their 0 hour contract.

We have always enjoyed the back and forth of it and long may it continue, but the answer can't be denial. Read the blog link from one of the most respected economic advisors in the country. As I said before to say there is no money is a poor excuse for failure. This country needs to build its way out of the mess. Every single economist in the country apart from Osborne (who isn't one) agree it will work. Radical, but it will work for the better. There is no argument. The Financial Times to the New York Economist agrees it will work.

Gross National Debt

FY 2015*

£1.36 trillion

FY 2014

£1.26 trillion

FY 2013

£1.19 trillion

FY 2012

£1.10 trillion

FY 2011

£0.91 trillion

FY 2010

£0.76 trillion

FY 2009

£0.62 trillion

FY 2008

£0.53 trillion

Taken from the UK Sending site from the UK Treasury.

Tories have increased the national Debt with nothing to show for it. There are better ways to run a country than this.

Again, which policy do you think wont work?

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2015/08/21/on-corbynomics-last-night/

Wait.... it will change... it did before... as I said part of me hopes he wins an election...

Archived