should moniz leave now ?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

Pretty straight forward out next game is Whcombe away an there right up there and we can't even beat teams like Wimbledon away so there gonna thrash us .

Also would you get rid of moniz after that game as I believe it's 2 weeks til our next game against Newport at home enough time for someone to change things.

We are clearly going nowhere I can understand some people on here have been very paitent on here with moniz.

But even after now surely you have to be thinking it's clearly not working out were now 9 points off the play off but only 5 points of 20th spot so we're now closer to bottom 4 then top 6.

And we are in December pretty much 5 months and we're still no were near sorry people but we are sliding very fast down this table.

I mean 442 has worked well for us of late even tho Barnet were very very poor but yesterday he could of used 442 and gone for it even with McLeod and Murray.

Milsom must be either very rubbish or moniz doesn't rate him as he can't even get 10 mins off the bench.

And what's the point in bringing bishop of the bench for 2-3mins he can't even get a touch of the ball with 2-3 mins 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm going to try and back him until he's dismissed - I don't see him walking.

I would safely say that the majority percentage of fans now want rid, I'm unsure if winning our next x games would be enough but I'm not the type of person to bother with decisions which aren't mine. I do still believe Moniz may earn redemption - Yet if he does go, we must hire someone who knows the lower two divisions. It's vastly important that we would see him remain the manager for more than half a season and perhaps we should be more forgiving provided we move in the right direction.

Yes our squad is filled with good players, yet a new manager may not like what they offer or their tactics don't suit their style of play.

I honestly don't see the board sacking Moniz just yet.

5 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

I'm going to try and back him until he's dismissed - I don't see him walking.

I would safely say that the majority percentage of fans now want rid, I'm unsure if winning our next x games would be enough but I'm not the type of person to bother with decisions which aren't mine. I do still believe Moniz may earn redemption - Yet if he does go, we must hire someone who knows the lower two divisions. It's vastly important that we would see him remain the manager for more than half a season and perhaps we should be more forgiving provided we move in the right direction.

Yes our squad is filled with good players, yet a new manager may not like what they offer or their tactics don't suit their style of play.

I honestly don't see the board sacking Moniz just yet.

@notts-joe I admire ur faith and Paitence with this guy you must have a long patience level but the reality is we are just a  lose off the bottom 18-19th postion.

Things aren't changing unfortunately and they won't he doesn't have what it takes to get us out of this league.

He couldn't even spot we needed a Centre back then sending our best Left back out on loan and playing a centre back there .

Sorry but a English manager of this level would change a lot of things for the better moniz has decent players at his disposal .

Murray on the Bench Milsom on the bench Curts on the bench to there's 3bplayers there that would be just as good in league one but hardly start a game 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

14 minutes ago, Notts26 said:

@notts-joe I admire ur faith and Paitence with this guy you must have a long patience level but the reality is we are just a  lose off the bottom 18-19th postion.

Things aren't changing unfortunately and they won't he doesn't have what it takes to get us out of this league.

He couldn't even spot we needed a Centre back then sending our best Left back out on loan and playing a centre back there .

Sorry but a English manager of this level would change a lot of things for the better moniz has decent players at his disposal .

Murray on the Bench Milsom on the bench Curts on the bench to there's 3bplayers there that would be just as good in league one but hardly start a game 

Let's just say I do with football buddy - I can only name two managers who I actually wanted out.

The trigger will ultimately end up being pulled, the board cannot afford to see fans leave or risk us dropping into the non league. This would be an absolute disaster for us, which I do believe that some of the fans who have expressed their views on this would end up not returning - so it is important we balance that.

Results are very iffy, we can look good and then lose a game whereby we all know we should have done better.

I think consistency within the squad selection would be a start and finding a formation which works for both home and away games (different if needed). Does Moniz know his squad? It was suggested last Tuesday Moniz doesn't and I think this would be safe to assume - yet I do also feel he's making a point when he doesn't select certain players. I just wished he would come out with his 'vision' and explain why certain players are not given a chance, at least this way, those players may be able to up their game or realise that moving on is the only outcome.

I recall saying when rumours of spending money on a striker, that it would be better spent on a centre back. I know the majority of fans wanted one, yet the striker could have made a difference - I mean McLeod almost worked but he's clearly lost his confidence now and that frustration is building.

If Moniz goes - I want someone who works hard, knows how to build a squad and understands lower tier football.

Tactics are something you learn by making mistakes, I think we all realise this. Yet if we could attract someone of the Nigel Clough's silk and end up giving him time to build (Sheffield United didn't) we may finally end up with foundations to move forward. Saying this, some fans (probably not many) may say the same about Ricardo Moniz.

12 minutes ago, notts-joe said:

Let's just say I do with football buddy - I can only name two managers who I actually wanted out.

The trigger will ultimately end up being pulled, the board cannot afford to see fans leave or risk us dropping into the non league. This would be an absolute disaster for us, which I do believe that some of the fans who have expressed their views on this would end up not returning - so it is important we balance that.

Results are very iffy, we can look good and then lose a game whereby we all know we should have done better.

I think consistency within the squad selection would be a start and finding a formation which works for both home and away games (different if needed). Does Moniz know his squad? It was suggested last Tuesday Moniz doesn't and I think this would be safe to assume - yet I do also feel he's making a point when he doesn't select certain players. I just wished he would come out with his 'vision' and explain why certain players are not given a chance, at least this way, those players may be able to up their game or realise that moving on is the only outcome.

I recall saying when rumours of spending money on a striker, that it would be better spent on a centre back. I know the majority of fans wanted one, yet the striker could have made a difference - I mean McLeod almost worked but he's clearly lost his confidence now and that frustration is building.

If Moniz goes - I want someone who works hard, knows how to build a squad and understands lower tier football.

Tactics are something you learn by making mistakes, I think we all realise this. Yet if we could attract someone of the Nigel Clough's silk and end up giving him time to build (Sheffield United didn't) we may finally end up with foundations to move forward. Saying this, some fans (probably not many) may say the same about Ricardo Moniz.

I agree with you we needed a CB still do also bring back Blair bennet is doing well at Newport to.

Mcleod is frustrated a lot and it is showing but he has goals he proved that at Crawley.

Also clough wouldn't be a bad bet to go for he'd bring stability to us and he got burton up got Sheffield United up in the play offs year after year also good cup runs.

moniz for me isn't doing it no disrespect Joe but he doesn't know his best team and were in December.

Im still shocked how Curtis isn't gettin a run not just 5 mins or Murray isn't starting games and why haven't we seen Milsom get a run out above smith  I just think it's time for a change .

theyd have 2 weeks to learn about he squad before the next game we can't leave it any longer were already 9 points off and we can't win away so 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  1

No!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I am prepared to give him longer, it cannot be all his fault.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

RM does the same things over and over again and expects different outcomes. He never seems to learn from his mistakes. How many goals have we conceded in the last 20 mins? Had he addressed that? The answer is No.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Have to agree with Dripsey3:  The same things keep happening.  Sloppy defense, poor discipline and the same spiel from Moniz that you could probably quote before he even says it. 

I know people want him to have more time but I want him gone Monday tactically lost its took him nearly 4 months to realise steads a striker.

Its took him near enough 4-5 months to realize two strikers up top is dangerous we don't have a solid defence we have a left back who's a centre back and scares the hell out of me defensively.

No communication between Kevan him or Yates all game subs are far two late I mean what can bishop do with 2 mins to impress.

i just feel he can't bring consistency or results away from home there is not a lot of passion there either he just hasn't got what it takes for this league.

I'd seriously be hoping for a change soon before Hartlepool aswell 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Yes he should. I think on occasion, @Notts26 wears his emotions on his sleeve, but on this one I think he is right.

It's now official. Hissing Dwarf has made his decision. Not an easy one after the recent run of managers. I genuinely believed Moniz was the answer, but I think the idea of a foreign manager in League 2 isn't working when the transfer committee has failed him so badly. Brownstone needs to leave the club ASAP as well imo. He is a major issue at the club. His arrogance at his ability to do the job is quite astounding. Not worked well at all and set the club up for failure again.

Kudos to Ray and Aileen for wanting to try a different way after the managerial merry go round while they've been here, but I genuinely don't think Branston is the answer to recruitment. And because of that some signings have been a complete waste of time.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

If we don't start getting points again... i think he'll be sacked, no matter what any of us think. We don't want to turn into a non league club do we.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

We cannot keep sacking our managers, I would implore @RayTrew to keep to the plan. Maybe say you to improve things yes but dismissing him now would be madness.

@hissingdwarf thank you yea a wear my heart and emotions on my sleeve every game not gonna lie and it hurts at times.

What would be madness is allowing Ricardo more time we're not improving at all okay we beat a rubbish Barnet side but even gave them 2 goals.

were 5 points off 20th spot 9 points off play offs so that's slippin further away Brentford tried the continental approach and it backfired very fast after they sacked mark warbuton.

Then they realised this isn't gonna work and changed it quick and the longer we leave it the bigger the risk we are taking only difference is Brentford are championship and could of rebuilt.

We can't afford another relegation scrap crowds are going to dip fast now and relegation is very possible as we have not won a single away game since our first away game.

After Newport it's 3 away games that's 9 points likely to be lost I'd get rid now bring someone English in worked at this level knows the game the system what's works what doesn't.

Someone we haven't got to spoon feed and needs 5 months to try and learn English football let's be honest only by mistake he realised 442 works.

his subs are stupid here you go col you were 3-1 down come on with 1 minute to impress me I can safely say the longer you all stick with him the worse we will get and the closer we will be to the bottom itl be scary I mean 5 points off 20th.

Newport thrashed Luton at the weekend there not a million miles off us new manager all of a sudden picking up Ricardo doesn't have the answer all the home wins do here an there just hide the bigger picture 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

We needn't worry about relegation. Rubbish though we are, we're 13 points clear of 23rd with a game in hand. At the rate at which York are picking up points, it'd take them 21 games to catch up with us even if we lost every one. We're on course to get about 55 points and that will give us a very big cushion.

The gap the board will be more concerned about is the one to 7th, we're now 7 points adrift of Mansfield, of all teams. Our budget probably dwarfs the teams around us and I don't think Ray Trew has any intention of sticking around in this league. If we take anything less than 4 points from our next two matches I think RM will be gone regardless of what we think. A new mananger will then have the opportunity to assess and streamline the squad before the transfer window opens.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

My two pence worth -

I agree @DangerousSausage regarding relegation, and as long as we don't get worse I would hope Moniz stays. Ray Trew might not want to hang around in League 2 and I respect and admire him for putting money in to the squad pre- season but I think the belief that we would bounce back to League 1 was misplaced. If football was just about money spent then about 6 clubs could  'expect' to win the Premier League each season. I think As long as Notts play entertaining winning football at home and become tougher opponents away then I think we could reap the benefit next season. It was said about Moniz by the Trews that his appointment was part of changing the culture at the club and working long term so that players could progress  through the club. Working for the long term won't occur sacking the manager in November or December, and I think Moniz should be given a season. In the short term even as Moniz set out his views and philosophy at the Season Review I would like some communication from him and the club about their view of the season so far and what they think is going right and wrong. 

Looking to the past Jimmy Sirrel had nearly a full season in charge before the 4th Division winning season.

20 hours ago, Riverleeno said:

My two pence worth -

I agree @DangerousSausage regarding relegation, and as long as we don't get worse I would hope Moniz stays. Ray Trew might not want to hang around in League 2 and I respect and admire him for putting money in to the squad pre- season but I think the belief that we would bounce back to League 1 was misplaced. If football was just about money spent then about 6 clubs could  'expect' to win the Premier League each season. I think As long as Notts play entertaining winning football at home and become tougher opponents away then I think we could reap the benefit next season. It was said about Moniz by the Trews that his appointment was part of changing the culture at the club and working long term so that players could progress  through the club. Working for the long term won't occur sacking the manager in November or December, and I think Moniz should be given a season. In the short term even as Moniz set out his views and philosophy at the Season Review I would like some communication from him and the club about their view of the season so far and what they think is going right and wrong. 

Looking to the past Jimmy Sirrel had nearly a full season in charge before the 4th Division winning season.

I disagree with you on valid points 

Point 1) Spending money it's how wisely you spend egxample he hasn't spent money on a solid centre back that was needed.

Point 2) he has a stubborn agenda which has costed us a lot I mean he could of played two up top long before Barnet.

Its all well saying give him a season etc but he hasn't spent money wisely in my view he's brought in aborah who is class yes .

But then he's brought in Amervor who isn't up to the task Snidjers hardly gets a few mins Jenner is so bad I can't put the words is describe him as its bad language.

De Silva is to light he plays stead at right wing at silly times you shouldn't have to be told these things.

I couldn't be a manager with any expierence and then play my top striker as say a Centre Mid if I want to win games.

Also signing 40 odd players of which 3 defenders all centre backs aren't good enough Sprockel Audel Bennett 

Sprockel can't get a game now Audel scares me cause he gets terrorised by a nippy winger Bennett apparently made a few mistakes now doing well at Newport.

Adams is to lightweight apparently but holding his own at Mansfield Curtis Thompson and Rob Milsom can't get in the squad above smith who is useless at a high tempo game.

Why sign half of these players if you have zero intention of using them Valencic is a perfect example of this lets just say there all on say 500 a week 

Spencer Valencic Snidjers Holis De Silva Sprockel Amervor Bennett Curtis and maybe some others I may have missed McKenzie I'm no mathematician but I think if there all on say 400-500 that's a couple of grand more you could of bought few more quality.

As we was promised quality over quantity so again it's alright spending money but where it counts is how wisely you spend it and he has not spent wisely in my personal view to many players he's brought and has no use or intention of using 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i wonder how long the club can take the pressure, the gates seem lower and if we dont improve i can see fans being more stubborn about attending.

well you can't blame fans if you pay 24 quid a match or say 300 plus I pay to sit in the kop then the travel from the West Midlands to watch him play one up top it's annoying.

You can't buy 40 players that you have said yes we will take them then say actually we need to get rid of some players now.

Its a no brainier you have a squad of say 20-25 players but you have a vaster array of quality weather that be two simple centre backs not gifted but solid grit and strength.

2 energetic midfielders who chase and can pass see a pass and shot two small wingers who can go past people 

And 2 strikers who can score hold the ball and have movement we seem to have bits and bobs.

We have decent players just have been messed around so much feel sorry for stead everything he has scored he gets moved out wide.

He gets a chance up top scores moniz has been his own downfall at times and people aren't going to turn up to see him be difficult when he could make his own job a little easier on himself 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is getting boring now, how many threads do we need on whether Moniz ought to be sacked or not?

I repeat, give him more time, we don't need another manager coming in and changing everything all over again, stick with the plan and lets see how things work out.

22 minutes ago, tonyhateley said:

This is getting boring now, how many threads do we need on whether Moniz ought to be sacked or not?

I repeat, give him more time, we don't need another manager coming in and changing everything all over again, stick with the plan and lets see how things work out.

dont discourage posts or opinions, perhaps combined them all? would that resolve the issue?

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, liampie said:

dont discourage posts or opinions, perhaps combined them all? would that resolve the issue?

You are right @liampie I shouldn't discourage posts and I didn't mean to do that. It just saddens me that some people don't seem to have patience these days, I'm just getting old and grumpy. :lol:

i know what you mean but they could be posted within the same topic, unless its different.

Archived