Notts wins 'most overseas fans'

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's been announced that the Football Leagues incentive for 'overseas fans' has been won by Notts.

It's official! Notts County are the most popular Football League club in the world!

The Stand Up and Be Counted campaign has come to a close and the Magpies have finished TOP of the final table with 6359 fans, ahead of Leeds, Wolves, QPR - and Forest!

Congratulations everybody! You have made the club proud!

YOU PIES!!

Link to our social status - Here

What do you think about this? comment below.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Some amount of effort went into winning this. Well done to those involved. Good publicity for the club. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Excellent publicity! Of course this will come with some back comments but considering all, for any league 2 team to win this shows the effort of the whole fan base.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

pleased to see us win this, some of the international pages worked their socks off. the club should be pleased with all who helped with this!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

I take responsibility for this magnificent victory :lol:

Very nice, but what do we win? What's the point of it all?

Australia achieved the 9th highest amount of Notts fans - As someone who represented Australian Magpies how do you feel about Notts winning and for the different overseas fans pulling together for the club?

@adelaidepie: Firstly I must say that I'm both very pleased and to a certain degree shocked by the results. I'm so pleased for Notts fans everywhere that we grouped together and voted for our team. I'm shocked by the number from down-under. I suppose I would say that we aren't really seen as a high profile club but to knock off teams like Leeds may say something. I think also we as a team are forming more close alliances with teams like Juventus but also with players and their countries like Bajner did when he arrived. This is helping push the Notts County wheelbarrow. Also i feel with the fans down-under getting everyone onto or towards a page like Australian magpie helped with spreading the news that we needed out fans to stand up and vote to help us get our success.

When you consider the likes of Leeds United - How much sweeter does it feel for a club like ours to be acknowledge in such a huge way, as the biggest club within the whole of the Football League for having overseas fans?

I suspect the results surprised people. Fans from other clubs may suggest that they have a bigger fan base which may or may not be correct however we at Notts managed to rally our supporters and get them to vote. I also believe that with the EPL clubs outside of the EPL struggle to get an identity. With this voting it may show that clubs have to work harder to rally their troops and to keep working to connect with their fans. Through magpie world Notts may have managed to do this. Also as Notts have gone through some hard times that our fans now take every opportunity to show their support and also appreciate that the club is still around.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

the australian magpies page has not updated like normal, it is a shame because i tried to keep tabs on it.

good to read @adelaidepies thoughts on it.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

I'm very miffed with the (lack of) coverage given to us even by our local frickin media. This was a Football League run initiative to find the most popular non-PL club among overseas fans. Believe me, if Leeds, Derby, Forest or any other club of that standing had won it, it would have been front page news. What do we get? A little spit of an article in the Post which basically claims that it was only due to the Italian Magpies that we won it, while the FL press release seems to care more about fans being able to win a trip that the fact that we WON THE WHOLE BLOODY THING... this is why i absolutely despise the media.

It wasn't Forest @Joe Jones it doesn't matter.

Likewise, the only thing that counts is the fact that people voted and not the people who championed it. I'm all about equal respect, so I find it highly disappointing that nobody really credits the amazing rally and I'm not say this because PON was one of the front runners within this effort - yet I acknowledge the incredible efforts from pages like Australian/American Magpies.

It's quickly became all about out Italian Friends and voters, which I acknowledge just how much of a good job and support they show but we are a international community!

Archived