Worst Notts Season in the last 7 years

AmericanPie

Worst Notts Season in the last 7 years  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the options below was the worst season in your opinion?

• 2010-11 (Almost undoing 2009/10)
    • 2011-12 (Missing out on the playoffs)
    • 2014-15 (Relegation from League One)
    • 2015-16 (False Moniz and Fullarton saga)
    • 2016-17 (Current campaign)

Not a very cheerful topic or poll, but I would be interested to see what other fans would say.

I have a hard time not voting for 2011/12 as the sacking of Keith Curle may have turned out different if all involved had a bit more patience. As I recall quite a lot of fans felt his football was boring and drawing was enough to see it happen. Who knows how differently things may have turned out if we had made it one place higher. Yet this season takes some beating! If a cub was to write a textbook on how to not run a professional football club it would see this season feature for Notts.

This season's not over yet so I'd rather not pass judgement until after game 46. It could turn out to be the worst, but yet it could turn out to be alright - still pending.

Last season, though, was testament to how far we'd fallen as a club. Getting beaten - and in some cases thrashed - by teams from towns with a couple of thousand people, with grounds that are non-league at best, then Mansfield showing us up - totally humiliating. Then the conflict between board and fans, which created the most toxic atmosphere imaginable - hard to find words to express the sheer feeling of doom, bleakness and hopelessness.

No fan of any football should have to suffer what we've had to suffer.

As it is included I have gone for this one, without any shadow of doubt. I expected so much more from an experienced manager, but he delivered a very slow and old side to the fans. Got away with it early season, but it did not take the opposition long to suss us out and then we found that Sheridan had no answers.

I will probably go as far as to say this is the worst season I can remember, especially with pre season expectation. I know a lot of people will say the Trust years were far worse, but I sort of accepted then that we would be dire as we were struggling along with no money at all. This season it has only just come to light these last few weeks that no money was being put into the club.

It's a scary thought just how poorly things have been since we won promotion to League One, just one season which was on the 'up' and the rest vastly down. Shaun Derry's second stint with relegation reminds me of this season, things was flying high and a lot of promise - only to see everything that shouldn't happen, happen.

No doubt until the recent takeover, this season has been the worst.

Just so many things you could list as our undoing and you can pin point each impact to see just how far we fell in such a short time. Thankfully every cloud has a siliver lining right? Ours seems to be the passionate Alan Hardy and the promise of a new era.

PS. I voted for this season, its been depressing and bleak.

Last season by all accounts was just shocking.

The appointment of Jamie Fullarton really stunned supporters, after being promised experience, only then to see we opt for a coach straight out of working with youngsters it was really bizarre. I liked Ricardo Moniz, I felt he was sacked harshly and wasn't given enough time to developed his philosophy.

It would have made some sense had we have gone with someone like Mark Cooper or John Sheridan from the start.

Yet by the time Mark Cooper left the season was a complete write-off.

To some degree I felt this season was further evidence that the mistake of 2016/17 had not been learned from. At the start it appeared there was harmony and that the club was going about things quietly, though as we are learning now the curtains was just hiding and masking an illusion.

Relegation from League One.

The great escape should have convinced the club to tighten the ship and signings up, yet you have to wonder if the Trews knew what they was doing. Hopeless really, and quite possibly the first big sign that the club was heading in a downwards spiral.

8 hours ago, ivansneck said:

Interesting question as so many have been bad. Can I opt for calendar year 2016, after Moniz and up to Nolan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree  @ivansneck but as a whole season I'm hoping the end of this season will continue a return to happier times leaving last season an awful memory. 

this season because without the takeover happening i do think we would be relegated for sure.

just pleased that hardy has brought back some passion into the club, so hopefully we can just be the average notts county we was before munto but with a lot more fight about us.

Judge, Bishop and Bartoz was all signs that we wasn't progressing.

Why did we sell a very good keeper for free? Especially when the club clearly could have done with the money, there are many things which don't make sense but with recent revealing it makes old questions new.

2011-12 was the season in which we sacked Martin Allen and Keith Curle almost took us into the League One play-offs. It's going to take a long time for us to top that league finish.

I voted for last season as I've never experienced Notts in such freefall before, on and off the pitch. Fullarton, the Aborah saga, the final breakdown in relations between the Trews abd the fans, all capped off by a 5-0 home defeat on the final day and our manager decamping to Forest Green Rovers. It was a humiliation from beginning to end. I still hold some hope that this season will have a happy ending and Alan Hardy's takeover has lifted the atmosphere and given us hope for the future.

On 31/01/2017 at 09:15, DangerousSausage said:

2011-12 was the season in which we sacked Martin Allen and Keith Curle almost took us into the League One play-offs. It's going to take a long time for us to top that league finish.

I voted for last season as I've never experienced Notts in such freefall before, on and off the pitch. Fullarton, the Aborah saga, the final breakdown in relations between the Trews abd the fans, all capped off by a 5-0 home defeat on the final day and our manager decamping to Forest Green Rovers. It was a humiliation from beginning to end. I still hold some hope that this season will have a happy ending and Alan Hardy's takeover has lifted the atmosphere and given us hope for the future.

I voted for last season for exactly the same reasons .Well summed up @DangerousSausage.

Archived