Who is your second team?

We had this topic aaaages ago, but as we've had a lot of new users in the meantime, it's worth asking again: who is your favourite "other" team and why? Who do you have a soft spot for?

Mine are my local team Waldhof Mannheim (see the European Leagues forum for more evidence) in the German Regionalliga Südwest and Retford United in the Northern Counties East League. Plus I have a soft spot for Coventry City as I used to live very close to Highfield Road and have fond memories of the place. That's a set of fans that deserves success.

- Bari in Serie B (my hometown)

- Leicester City (a bit of a bandwagon jump, I admit, but a member of my immediate family was born there so hey, I'll take it)

Well apart from my love of all things Notts County , i have a soft spot for our not so far away neighbours , no steady not that lot , i mean Derby always look out for them and like to see them do well . 

Favourite other team : Whoever Forest are playing.

Reasons : Obvious.

Borussia mönchengladbach - used to live there and am still a member.
Everton - season ticket holder mid 70's to early 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

- Bari in Serie B (my hometown)

- Leicester City (a bit of a bandwagon jump, I admit, but a member of my immediate family was born there so hey, I'll take it)

I remember David Platt playing for Bari, was big news at the time. I wonder if Notts ever locked horns with them in the Anglo-Italian Cup?

Arsenal, I've always liked them since around 92.

I recall watching them playing Spurs, who I think won the game but I liked the Gunners. Mostly due to their stripy socks. [emoji38]

17 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Favourite other team : Whoever Forest are playing.

Reasons : Obvious.

im adopting this approach. :lol:

Marine FC

Went on a short break to Southport & surrounding areas 2 years ago and wanted to take in a local game,so after a excellent pub crawl around Crosby set off to the Marine travel arena expecting to see AFC Liverpool play(ground share with Marine))only to be told that was the week before!:shocked:

Luckily Marine v Northwich Victoria (FAC 3Q) was on that evening and i sat down & watched a 6 goal thriller and was made to feel very welcome both at the match & in social club afterwards.

Now get to as many games as possible,mostly midweek.

They also play in black & white!:thumbsup:

Locally i watch Basford Utd approx 4-5 times a season.

Only Notts for me.

I cannot say I support a second team but I do like football in general.

FC Barcelona for my Catalan friends, Deportivo La Coruna, great stadium by the sea

CD Universidad Catolica, for the best stadium, cut into the hillside of the Andes

Even though 'Whoever Forest are playing' remains my second team, I may have found a third:

I've always been tempted to take in a game while on holiday but never managed it until Sunday, when I watched a Portuguese level 2 game at Portimonense SC.  What attracted me was that Portimonense play in the hallowed black and white stripes so I went along in my Notts shirt.  Portimonense are currently topping their division with promotion to the Primeira Liga (Benfica, FC Porto & Co) looking a formality.  The stadium only holds 5,000 with very little of it covered, but adult admission was only 5 euros giving a great view near the halfway line.

xpbvjp.jpg

Even though this is probably the least flattering selfie I have ever taken, I'll post it anyway.  Suffice to say that I received many admiring glances, wasn't sure if they were for the Notts 150th shirt or my ruggedly mature good looks which are rather masked by the camera angle!
68sr9j.jpg

The standard was in my opinion pretty similar to League 2, the crowd was 1,719 with 17 (I counted them) away fans from Gil Vicente, who came away 1-2 winners.  All in all well worth the visit and something I will look to repeat.

foq92a.jpg

One thing I must mention is the superb playing surface, probably the best I've ever seen.  I suppose it's a bit easier to grow grass when you get 24 degree temperatures in April.

Only one team for me, Notts County. i check on Derby results though. 

Controversial I know but Internazionale are the only other team I follow, just grew up watching them on tv, liked the players, liked the kits, like the stadium..

I think you all know who my second team is and has been since 1957 (see 'What team does your family members support' thread in The Broken Wheelbarrow section)when I first visited Meadow Lane.My liking for Notts was strengthened further by my immediate boss at work in the 60's.Monday mornings always began with the weekend fixtures being chewed over.When I started going out with @GrannyPieshe and her dad continued the Notts connection. As I've said before I'm a double County fan .

Arminia Bielefeld in Budesliga 2.
Wellington Phoenix in the Hyundai A-league.

Have lived in both places and they were the closest professional teams.

In terms of English teams, don't mind Derby doing well. 

Archived