Notts County V Fleetwood Town

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  238
  • Days Won:  10

I would every game on Sky. Watch it on streaming :shifty:  is amazing. What a way to follow the team!!!

I hope Notts can win tomorrow, maybe 2-0. But it's important to go on!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Is this game also live on TV then?

I'll have to find a stream if this is the case, it's not long to go now and I thankfully managed to find someone to do our opposition view, I hate missing them and when you get one at the last minute, I tend to appreciate them more.

Should be a lively game, I see them having the power and desire to throw obstacles at us but it's down to us to show some character. I firmly believe if we go out in the right spirit and the crowd get behind them we can make difference in games. I think we need to control the game early on and break up their passing, they have some good talent and pace. If we play an holding line in midfield and look to be creative, I don't think we will struggle.

Come On You Pies!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Don't think it's on TV anywhere as far as I know.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Very important we win this one to build our confidence for the next league game. Probably would leave Boucaud out as I felt last season we played better without him.

Very important we win this one to build our confidence for the next league game. Probably would leave Boucaud out as I felt last season we played better without him.

He's too defensive, I think our coaches would do well to get him to play in a defensive/offensive position. He seemed to suit old tactics well but I think he could be an assist again, especially if we learned to support each other and create space.

I also agree about the confidence, Mark Fotheringham mentioned on the Magpie Player than it was good to get a game as early as possible for this reason.

Match Chat is open to guests!! Help us spread the message. :)

Link to the popout chatroom - Here

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Think Jeff Hughes will get a very mixed reception to be honest. I suppose it depends what you believe; did he go to be closer to his family or was it for the money? Maybe both? Personally I've nothing against him. He was good for us, especially in the 2011-12 season, and lets face it if somebody offered you a better paid job closer to home - most of us would go for it.

Will be listening to Colin on Magpie Player. Already nervous, I'm dreading the meltdown on Twitter & Facebook if we lose. I suppose its a bit of a lose lose. If we win, we've beat a team from a league below. If we lose, we've lost to a team from the league below.

But lets forget that, as has been said before we want to get that first win, losing can become a nasty habbit. Plus there's a great chance of a tasty second round draw if we get through, which will be good for the fans - pottentially something to look forward to.

COME ON YOU PIES!!!

Game not on tv, just got moved as that lot over the river were drawn at home too

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Notts: Bialkowski, Dumbuya, Sheehan, Smith, Leacock ©, McGregor, Showunmi, Haynes, Labadie, Fotheringham, Tempest.

Subs: Spiess, Coombes, Arquin, Howarth, Thompson, Boucaud, Nangle.

Looks pretty much a full line up I think? Obviously the new lad, Enoch and Tempest given a run, which is good.

Where will Tempest be then? Left wing? Or will Sheehan be there and Tempest at LB?

TEAM NEWS

starting XI: Bialkowski, Dumbuya, Sheehan, Smith, Leacock ©, McGregor, Showumni, Haynes, Labadie, Fotheringham, Tempest

Subs: Speiss, Coombes, Arquin, Haworth, Thompson, Boucaud, Nangle

Very strong starting line-up for this game. Fingers crossed we get through it with no knocks or injuries

Jeff Hughes starts for Fleetwood

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck tonight.The Rams lifted me last night now I need The Magpies to keep me going till the weekend.Will be listening on the radio.The most important thing is an encouraging performance but would be nice get a win under your belt

Notts: Bialkowski, Dumbuya, Sheehan, Smith, Leacock ©, McGregor, Showunmi, Haynes, Labadie, Fotheringham, Tempest.

Looks pretty much a full line up I think? Obviously the new lad, Enoch and Tempest given a run, which is good.

Where will Tempest be then? Left wing? Or will Sheehan be there and Tempest at LB?

I'd rather see Greg on the left wing with Sheehan at LB myself. I know it was difficult circumstances but he wasent too convincing in that position on Friday I didnt think, but when I saw him play on the wing in the latter stages of last season I was pretty impressed with him

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

It depends on the formation used.

With a 442, I'd like to see Sheehan banging a few crosses in for big Enoch, but he does that from LB as well I suppose.

My only problem is looking at the line-up, I see the dreaded 4-5-1 formation.

Dumbuya,  Smith, Leacock Sheehan,  , 

Labadie, Fotheringham

Haynes McGregor Tempest

Showunmi

Unless he plays McGregor on the right wing, I don't see another winger there. I really hope we don't use the 4-5-1. 

I would hope we've worked out by now that Enoch is not a target man. Despite being a mountain of a man he's not brilliant in the air. He prefers the ball played to feet so he can turn and use his pace to charge at, and scare defences

Fleetwood: Davies, Murdoch, Roberts ©, Evans, Hughes, Hogan, Cresswell, Blair, Sarcevic, Ball, Jordan.

Subs: Pond, Schumacher, Matt, Brown, McLaughlin, Crowther, Lucas.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

come on notts!!

we can win and progress, hope the play well. the lineup looks interesting, nice to see the new boy start!

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Is there only me at the match?

Kop is shut so everyone's crammed in the Pavis. Looking forward to the game.

Notts leading 2-1 at half time. We started the game well but Fleetwood took the lead with their first shot on goal after a quarter of an hour. For a while after that it sounded as though Notts couldnt get out of their own half and the visitors had a string of corners. Also had a couple of chances to double the lead but they failed to do so. Gradually Notts came more into the game and Showumni header us level thanks to what was described as an absolutely fantastic delivery into the box from the new lad McGregor. Shortly after we took the lead when Danny Haynes scored after a header had come back off the post.

Sounds like we've played some good stuff and all in all its sounded like a decent game. The next goal will be crucial, we need to get that 3rd.

COME ON YOU PIES!

The goal by the new boy sounded very impressive! He will quickly make a name for himself if he continues to what he's done tonight, I think it's fantastic to see such a young lad come and play so well.

Credit to the lads for waking up, especially Enoch!

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Why did Manny need to go and get a silly card?

Chris should have taken him off, I am not trying to be negative but it's beyond me. I hope Hollis is ready to step up and come in, we need that cover you mentioned Joe! Nobody wanted defenders remember, just midfield and strikers..

This could be a big issue!!

Good play from Notts, the new lad sounds a great player.

FT 3-2. McGregor scored what sounded like a great goal but typically we couldnt do things the easy way. Granted Manny Smith's first yellow card was a stupid decision but according to Dean, the second yellow was a stupid, needless tackle that leaves us with a dilema for Saturday. Two players suspended already, not good, discipline was a big problem last season - I hope Chris sorts it out.

The only real negative of the night though, sounded like Dumbuya, Sheehan, Greg Tempest, McGregor, Labadie and Enoch all had great games. An assist and a goal, what a debut from McGregor!

Look forward to the draw tommorow now :) Well done Notts. YOU PIES

Match Report is now live everyone - Read Here

Many Thanks to @Joe Jones :) No messing around from here, just straight to the point.

I would say the most likely thing would be that Haydn Hollis plays alongside Deano at Centre back. Unless we bring in another CB in the next few days. I'd be surprised if we didnt bring anymore players in, still a month left in the transfer window

I just looked at the chat counter... 60 guests!!

I think we will bring in some players but it's important they're the right quality and not just gap fillers. I don't want to see us sign someone who's capable of playing only a few games, so it needs to be right and Chris/co are doing very well with this regards.

We need cover for the left and right back, hopefully if we managed to obtain two.. At least one could play at centre back.

Then I would just take another midfielder if the budget permits.

Archived