Transfers

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

So then after a week or so of transfers for NCFC my questions are, What else do we need? Who do we need? Why do we need them? 

Personally I think a LW/LM - Siriki Dembele - Quick, got a lot of flair and volleys/free kicks are nothing short of sublime. 

A RB to push Tootle for his place. Maybe good enough to fill in for the Checkatrade Trophy fixtures and Carabao Cup / Sort of a rotation player.

A CM, ideally Jack Baldwin or someone with league experience at a higher division.

Maybe 1 or 2 loan players to fill the squad depth but with potential so for example Mason Bennett, Ben Hall, Macauly Gillesphy (spelt wrong but from Newcastle United). Someone who has played in the higher divsions but needs to prove themselves first at the lower leagues.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No more CM's for me, I think we have enough unless Michael O'Connor does leave.

I think ideally we need another winger, someone who offers us pace and can play on either side. If Siriki Dembele can do that, he would fit in well. We need another striker for sure, we can't risk injury or having to rely on Stead to get us the goals we need (this may sound harsh).

We do need another experienced CB and RB IMO, someone who can keep Richard Duffy out and a younger prospect that can push Matt Tootle.

Goalkeeper wise the majority of keepers can do well at this level, so hopefully we can sign someone with experience but who is happy to be a backup. Scott Loach anyone? :rolleyes: I'm kidding, we need someone more suitable.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Need backups at RB and LB. Competition for players is important. Keeps the starting player on his feet and on his game, otherwise if he plays poor he will get dropped. Aaron Taylor-Sinclair or Andy Taylor. 

Need a ball playing CB. Hall or Baldwin for me but don't know if he'd drop to League Two. Definitely would take Macauley Gillesphey

Wingers needed because not just do we need competition and depth in that position, we need quality because if we want to go up, I don't think Alessandra and Hawkridge should start. Lawson D'Ath, Mekhi McLeod? Piero Mingoia? Luke Burgess on loan from Wigan. Chris Forrester is wanted by Aberdeen. Brad Inman maybe. Zeli Ismail

Extra striker needed. Coulthirst, Gilchrist or a striker on loan. Not Mason Bennett, too injury prone. 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I couldn't name any players as I don't know who might be available.

We need a keeper for sure, someone who can cover or push towards being the new number. I don't think we can rely on Fitzsimons as if he gets injured or loses form we have no proper cover.

There needs to be a younger striker, Saunders would have been ideal but hopefully we can get someone more determined.

Do we actually need any more CM's? Hewitt can pass the ball and push forward.

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

34 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Not Mason Bennett, too injury prone. 

I get that but I also have a point, I've been to watch some world class footballers of the modern era recently (Marcus Rashford, Kylian Mbappe, Anthony Martial) Anyway point being, I actually think Mason Bennett is the quickest player I have ever seen, saw him play a few times at Derby too. I think hes worth the risk and lets face it if he does get injured its not our problem its Derby's. Hes so quick and too good for our league. He would be worth the gamble in my opinion, even as a bench player for the last 30 minutes to kill teams off. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would certainly take a gamble on Mason Bennett, we saw how effective he can be in his short time and having someone who has pace to burn - it could allow us to focus on flooding the opposition with tricky, direct play.

He would most likely be a rotational player, so if we kept a close eye on his injury concerns. I do feel he could be taken care of, which should reduce his chances of getting injured.

There's not many other players of his mould that I know could come here.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yeah, I’d like to see Mason return for another loan if he can stay injury free I think he’d be a great addition with his incredible pace up front.

• Content Count:  284
  • Days Won:  0

Ishmael Miller is available on a free I think, as a backup option he could be useful. Tall, imposing and fairly quick.

He could do what Shola Ameobi did previously for us, the gritty, physical side of things.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Sirki dembele is a tricky one, has alot of ability but seems to have a bad attitude, grimsby fans say he had 5 good games in the whole of last season and went missing

I'd personally like to seen ramaye Campbell involved next season rather than signing another loan striker, Bennett would be good but I'm not sure I'd trust him to stay fit

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Mason Bennett would be one of my backup plans if I was Kevin Nolan.

There's got to be someone out there who offers a similar package but without the injury concerns.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

4 hours ago, The Heff said:

Ishmael Miller is available on a free I think, as a backup option he could be useful. Tall, imposing and fairly quick.

He could do what Shola Ameobi did previously for us, the gritty, physical side of things.

maybe but he seems deadwood now tbh.

i would prefer a younger striker, i wonder if we are still looking at overseas players at all.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

5 hours ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Sirki dembele is a tricky one, has alot of ability but seems to have a bad attitude, grimsby fans say he had 5 good games in the whole of last season and went missing

Yet we still signed Liam Noble despite Forest Green Rovers fans saying the same.

If he can contribute here I would take him, players react differently when a clubs on the up and Grimsby have been selling all their assets (which would make any player unhappy). The difference with him and Noble is, Dembele even during an off day looks a much better player than most around him.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

17 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Enzio Boldewiijn of Crawley is out of contract I think.

he played well against us at meadow lane, standout player for me from them. sign him up!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

I see Alan Hardy keeps teasing the Mason Bennett idea by tweeting the Derby player directly and quoting his stuff.

Archived