Daily chat thread - Wednesday 22nd August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s a lovely bright morning here, leaving football aside how is everyone?

We are still on our little holiday with the grandchildren, it’s costing an arm and a leg but we’re having a great time. Apart from the fact that I woke up at 3am with raging stomach ache, it was the greasy fish and chips I had yesterday that were reminding me I’m suppose to be eating healthily but it’s tradition to have fish and chips at the seaside isn’t it?

Today we are off to a wildlife park (more expense, how do people afford kids these days), yesterday we had to pay adult price for our grandchildren at the aquarium because they were over 12! Since when have over 12’s been adults? RIP off if you ask me.

So what’s everyone else doing today, anything exciting?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Good morning to all on PON, aches and pains this morning from doing a long power walk yesterday, also had a walk round Highfields yesterday and a picnic with my daughter and grandchildren, then we had a run out to Colston Bassett to look at the ruins of St. Marys Church. My daughter has a thing about abandoned buildings. Then another long power walk locally with the hubby. Don't know where he's taking me on todays walk, we'll see. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Today we are off to a wildlife park (more expense, how do people afford kids these days), yesterday we had to pay adult price for our grandchildren at the aquarium because they were over 12! Since when have over 12’s been adults? RIP off if you ask me.

Don't think of the cost @Fan of Big Tone when you're creating memories with your family!

Supporter+
Just now, samwatto2008 said:

Don't think of the cost @Fan of Big Tone when you're creating memories with your family!

You are so right @samwatto2008, can you you sub me a couple of hundred?

Seriously I said the same to Mrs. BigTone, we don’t often see our eldest grandkids since our son died so every time we do we want to make it special for them.

Supporter+
55 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

Good morning to all on PON, aches and pains this morning from doing a long power walk yesterday, also had a walk round Highfields yesterday and a picnic with my daughter and grandchildren, then we had a run out to Colston Bassett to look at the ruins of St. Marys Church. My daughter has a thing about abandoned buildings. Then another long power walk locally with the hubby. Don't know where he's taking me on todays walk, we'll see. 

Well done @magpiejue keep up the power walks you’ll be doing the Park Run with me soon. Actually they say power walking is as good for you as running.

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Thanks @Fan of Big Tone, going to mow two lawns now, so theres a bit more exercise for today eh. 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,293
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Doing the house chores. Still pretty annoyed from last night. Noting down what our side should be for Saturday and also players we should have signed. That desperate for things to get better.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

im going to bury my head in the nearest childrens sandpit that i can find.

nothing to do today, i will probably head into the city and have a look around. maybe look at some games and dvds, just so little to do right now.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I went out for a bit, just got in about 5 minutes ago.

Its warm out but it doesn't look very hot.

• Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

I'm driving down to Kent for a few days, then I will be making my way to Lincoln for the weekend.

It's quite nice where I am.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I took @super_pie to McDonald's earlier on the bus, I really needed to get out of the house.

Something quick to eat, then we went back home. It was good to do something simple but fun, I had a great time with Jake.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I have just got home from a busy day at work, nice cold drink in one hand and the other is going through all my mobile notifications as I write this.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Work and playing on my Playstation with a little of light Twitter usage.

Of course I have been on here several times today.

Archived