Daily chat thread - Monday 27th August

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN, it’s a cloudy start here but forecast to be dry. 

Its Bank Holiday Monday, which actually means nothing to me now I’m retired but I really used to look forward to it when I worked.

It was blooming chilly yesterday and feeling very Autumnal, I think it might be time to get our Autumn/Spring duvet out, we have three duvets one for Autumn and Spring when it’s not hot or cold, one for summer when it’s hot and a high tog one for winter when it’s brass monkeys.

We are going to pop and see son and family today, they’ve just returned from a camping holiday in a huge tent, apparently it was a great holiday so the kids will be excited to tell us all about it.

What does the bank holiday have in store for you? Let PoN know what you are up to.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Not a lot planned today for me. I will be checking up on the site every few hours and may start working on another piece soon which people can have their say on. Might nip out later. The day currently has not started well as I am meant to be on annual leave yet work has booked me on a course while im on AL so not best pleased with that but it's not going top stop me relaxing as I need a break. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Building the furniture purchased yesterday!

Also deciding which tv/broadband/phone provider to move to.

Currently with Sky for tv and Virgin for B.B. and phone, but the B.B. is slightly unreliable. As always depends on the deal offered. Need to get it sorted in the next week or so before the American Football season starts so I can record the games and watch at leisure when I’m free from the bedroom without the wife moaning “how long is this bloody game on for!”

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I woke up groggy, my lower back is still hurting but I have to go to Mapperley to see I can get my laptop fixed.

Aside from that it will be working on the sites as per usual.

Yesterday I made pizza, which we froze some and if I have chance I might bake a few little goodies. :D 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I've done nothing special at all today, so there's nothing I can add to this. :( 

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

today i went back to pc world to look at buying my first computer.

i just want to have something a bit easier to do things which i cant at the moment, so i got a tv and a desktop tower which i am happy with. the tv will act as my monitor and console gaming input.

im also looking into charity work.

i cant do another month without doing something productive, so i am looking into that. quite happy with things overall. :) 

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Very quiet. Spent a lot of time contemplating yesterday’s news !

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Been out walking again, up the Nutbrook trail to Shipley Park and then back again. 

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I went for a run this morning I normally do the canal towpath but with the rain yesterday I thought it would be muddy so I stuck to pavements, I felt good afterwards, running certainly gives me a lift, I don’t break any speed records or anything but it gets the old heart pumping which is good.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Like @Fan of Big Tone bank holidays don't mean much  since retiring.The weather has been very iffy.I did give the gas fire a good clean- took the glass front off and  removed the coals -everything brushed  and dusted  .All put back but had trouble fitting one of the side trimmings back on but managed after much cursing.Today is the first day we haven't had the living room window open for a long time and now that the cooler weather is here @GrannyPie is glad the fire has been serviced(Browny points for @super_ram 

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

Building the furniture purchased yesterday!

Also deciding which tv/broadband/phone provider to move to.

Currently with Sky for tv and Virgin for B.B. and phone, but the B.B. is slightly unreliable. As always depends on the deal offered. Need to get it sorted in the next week or so before the American Football season starts so I can record the games and watch at leisure when I’m free from the bedroom without the wife moaning “how long is this bloody game on for!”

Whos your team in the NFL Hiss?

I've been a fan of the Panthers since they were formed. Got a soft spot for the Patriots (from family guy mainly) and the Falcons unless they are playing the panthers :)

I usually just watch the nfl website during the games for the play by play info. Gamepass is a bit to expensive for me sadly.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

31 minutes ago, KingPie said:

Whos your team in the NFL Hiss?

I've been a fan of the Panthers since they were formed. Got a soft spot for the Patriots (from family guy mainly) and the Falcons unless they are playing the panthers :)

I usually just watch the nfl website during the games for the play by play info. Gamepass is a bit to expensive for me sadly.

Follow a few teams to be fair. I watch every game I can, but really watch...NY Jets, LA Rams, Seahawks and historically, Broncos.

As I say though, if it’s on, I’ll watch it! 

I considered the game pass, but the time factor of watching it all pushed me towards the traditional sky package. I would do nothing apart from watch NFL for 5 months. Not sure the wife or business clients would be impressed if I disappear every day for four hours at a time to keep up with all the games!

Settled on Sky for the next 18 months. Big downgrade speed wise obviously, but the advantage is Imget the open reach tech to fit a new bt socket for free so after the contract is up I can go wherever. 

Saved myself £25 per month after swapping it all to sky. That’ll do!

Archived