Daily Chat Thread - Thursday 6th September

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN, it’s a cloudy start and cooler here. I hope everyone is ok especially the gaffer @Chris.

I’ve got more computer work to do today so I will probably be popping on here fron time to time. There’s not much else happening here, what’s going on in your life, let PoN know.

Most of all have a great day.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thanks @Fan of Big Tone.

So far, I haven't done a great deal. My left index finger is very sensitive and bobbing up and down on a keyboard surprisingly irritates it a lot more. It's frustrating as I like to keep busy and distracted, which I can't really do at the moment. I suppose slowing down for a day or two won't harm but I really want to be cracking on.

I appreciate all the supportive messages, I'm fine and if anything I feel daft.

At 2pm I have a therapy session, the last person who was handling my appointments would no doubt be acting like I self harmed and thankfully the guy who's took over knows me well - as I first saw him several years ago.

Still I'm not looking forward to it, it's the last session and although I feel the path I am is the right one.

I'm nervous about coming off, hitting bumps and falling short because I want nothing more than being fully focused on feeling better.

Supporter+
50 minutes ago, Chris said:

Thanks @Fan of Big Tone.

So far, I haven't done a great deal. My left index finger is very sensitive and bobbing up and down on a keyboard surprisingly irritates it a lot more. It's frustrating as I like to keep busy and distracted, which I can't really do at the moment. I suppose slowing down for a day or two won't harm but I really want to be cracking on.

I appreciate all the supportive messages, I'm fine and if anything I feel daft.

At 2pm I have a therapy session, the last person who was handling my appointments would no doubt be acting like I self harmed and thankfully the guy who's took over knows me well - as I first saw him several years ago.

Still I'm not looking forward to it, it's the last session and although I feel the path I am is the right one.

I'm nervous about coming off, hitting bumps and falling short because I want nothing more than being fully focused on feeling better.

I hope your last therapy session goes well @Chris, it must be a bit daunting coming off it and there may be bumps in the road but just focus on what you have learnt and try to put it into practice. You've got good friends and family to help you on the way, you'll be fine.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Thanks @Fan of Big Tone.

I've just finished doing my final bit of homework which focuses on my moods since the last visit, @cheeky~k8 wrote it for me and it's cheered me up a bit. I see the humour in the grumpy bits which I couldn't see at the time. I'm sure I'll be fine. 

Supporter+

Blooming weather forecasters, they said it was going to be dry all day, we've just got drenched trudging round Ilkeston asking shops to put a poster in their window about a charity table top sale we are organising. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Just work, nothing exciting happens. At least as a painter & decorater you can watch the paint dry.

Working in sales can be painfully slow.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i have fetched the shopping and been tidying up.

nothing at all exciting i am afraid. :) 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Had a visit from @Magic magpie's mum this afternoon and we put the world to rights.Other than that  just watched telly and listened to @super_ram's comments about PoN

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

The rain here changed my plans for today.

I have just done things around the house and watched TV, retirement sometimes can feel like a prison sentence. I spend a lot of free time going for walks or drives, if the weather permits. I am thinking about driving up to Scotland for the weekend, it won't be much better but it will be enjoyable.

Supporter+
17 minutes ago, upthepies said:

retirement sometimes can feel like a prison sentence. 

WHAT!!! Retirement is the best thing I ever did, no office politics, no whinging colleagues, no getting up at the crack of dawn to drive 20 mile in the pouring rain, no boss (unless you count the wife), no deadlines, do what you like when you like and the government pay you money.

Whats not to like @upthepies?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Hi All,

Been at work all day and only really just got chance to sit down. Fell asleep about 3pm and slept until 5pm. Not usually this tired but just couldn't function so had to have a rest for a bit. Think a chill night is in order and as the night goes on I may start to look into preparing my pieces for next week trying to improve them with some better facts and preview techniques, Learning how to make my work better.

Archived