Daily chat thread - Monday 17th September

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning PoN it’s cloudy here at the moment and it’s been a very mild night, I had to throw the covers off while sleeping in the campervan.

Today we are planning a walk town the beach to Burnham it’s about 3 miles so 6 round trip, hopefully we’ll find a nice pub for some lunch.

How is everyone today ? What are your plans?

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

House work before going to work. Have a nice day @Fan of Big Tone and Mrs Fan of Big Tone. 

Thanks @magpiejue hope you have a good day at work. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm busy working on my to-do-list which is getting much shorter.

I'm excited about the ability to make discussions go live, I think this can be used to make PON more engaging and having them 'live' for a few hours could draw more people online. I have also been writing, organising things and just generally on the ball with the site(s) work that I do.

My children all went off to school happily this morning, so when they return I want to see how they've been doing.

I'm going to encourage @super_pie to take up replying to these, he gets a bit unsure what to say at times but it's work in progress.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Meet a rep of mkg food to sort out some special prices for my menu. 

Went food shopping to asda for the weekly shop.

A bit of Pon posting most definitely enjoy and make me smile

Maybe watch a few episodes of the bill and maybe new tricks.   

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Cooking tea tonight, with homemade grilled chicken with a marinade with a side salad with homemade dressing. Done a few errands running to the bank etc and just been to see the other half for a few hours. 

Really keen on learning how to cook and started doing a new fitness trend to increase my metabolism by doing something called intermittent fasting and so far it's working. Fasted yesterday which hurt but today I am absolutely fine, just plenty of fluid to fight back the pain for a few hours. This then allows me to fill up on a healthy nutritious meal at around 5pm then a snack before I go to work tonight.  

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I have had a walk around Leeds to try and get familiar with the area.

My shopping for the week has been brought, everything is looking fine but I do miss talking face to face with people. So far, I have only had chance to speak to a street cat that keeps coming to my apartments balcony. 😂

I have two weeks before I start my work experience, thankfully it will be paid.

Supporter+

We’ve had a nice walk down the beach, fish and chips in Wetherspoons and I used the app to order, first time I’ve tried it, I must say I’m impressed the drinks and meal was served to our table in double quick time. Abbot ale washed it down nicely and we caught the bus back to the campsite. Steak for tea.

I don’t know hat the weathers been like in Nottingham but it’s warm and sunny here, I’ve got shorts on, it’s a bit breezy but it’s a warm breeze.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I've been volunteering in school again this morning, then onto sorting the house out when i got back. The little time i had left before school pick up time i designed myself a desktop background and posted a few letters on the way to school.

From then on i spent some time with my kids and cooked tea. More tidying and then all set for their bedtime. I will then get to play a game on my laptop before bed.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

My Ben is 10 so spent most of the before and after school bits focusing on that.

During the school time caught up on a few American Football games from last night and then this afternoon working on a pro-bono business start up for a community group putting together a bid for lottery funding for their new community centre/cafe/church meeting point. Enjoy doing the community stuff, but reminded me why I don’t often deal with Lottery applications very often! Complex doesn’t describe it!

Also managed to fit in three pieces of case work for the area I am standing for councillor in. Two lamp posts not working reported and already inspected by authority and chat with enviro team regarding overgrown weeds of footpath near an elderly resident.

Busy day!

Archived