Daily Chat Thread - Wednesday 19th September

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I’ll start this off today!

Today it’s back to work in the other job, childminding. My wife has two extra children today so I’m needed at the house to keep the basics running smoothly!

Don't mind this really, but I draw the line at changing nappies!

This afternoon another round of visiting residents. The area I am aiming to represent, Coxmoor in Kirkby in Ashfield, has hit the headlines recently due to a few certain characters and their causing Anti Social issues. One was given a keep away order by the courts on Sunday and was promptly seen back in the estate within hours. Fortunately the residents have kept reporting this to the police and he has been hit with a heavy fine on his rearrested. My part is to encourage the residents to keep reporting and to tread a fine line discussing the need to report and ensuring people know the police are doing their bit and the courts need to step up and do there’s rather than expecting someone to suddenly behave.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Bit of a slow start, just got up after being on nights and starting the day off now. Going to see my other half and then me and my sister are off to play badminton. Then round to my Grandmas for tea as we go every Wednesday now to keep her company and we both like to see her at least once a week. Then back to work at 8pm tonight :) 

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I was going to trim our hedges today but it's a bit windy outside.I'm still not 100% so it hasn't taken much to put me off.I did do the grass last week though.

The bins still haven't been emptied!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Today, I am editing and doing work within this but I'm trying to juggle other things such as lifting the forum.

I just want to keep things moving forward.

To top things off, Virgin Media is having issues and they have finally agreed that my internet has a major fault. Thanks to my wife chasing them, I'm not happy that the price is set to go up by another £4 and despite this we have lost good channels that we liked. They have been replaced by rubbish and if they want my custom they need to adjust the price and sort it out, as I won't accept it any longer.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Not much a bit of my presentation for my business another route unfortunately watching tv. Watch some champions league tonight 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I've been at school helping out all morning and then came home and sorted out virgin & boiler cover, which took up all my time until school pick up time. Now comes looking after my kids and cooking tea.

The bins have been emptied.I didn't see or hear them which is strange cos I usually hear them even if I'm in the kitchen they make such a racket.Perhaps it's because of the wind .

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Today, I am editing and doing work within this but I'm trying to juggle other things such as lifting the forum.

I just want to keep things moving forward.

To top things off, Virgin Media is having issues and they have finally agreed that my internet has a major fault. Thanks to my wife chasing them, I'm not happy that the price is set to go up by another £4 and despite this we have lost good channels that we liked. They have been replaced by rubbish and if they want my custom they need to adjust the price and sort it out, as I won't accept it any longer.

I hope my woes with the internet connection hasn’t given you bad luck!

1 hour ago, hissingdwarf said:

I hope my woes with the internet connection hasn’t given you bad luck!

It's been up and down for god knows how long, it's quite annoying and usually happens whenever you need to do something. Plus at night, it seems to go for awhile then it comes back but it's always at the same time.

We've been thinking we need a router but it now seems a fault on VM's end.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

It's been up and down for god knows how long, it's quite annoying and usually happens whenever you need to do something. Plus at night, it seems to go for awhile then it comes back but it's always at the same time.

We've been thinking we need a router but it now seems a fault on VM's end.

I’d demand a new router as well. Better to have them fix the connection and speed issues then start afresh. VM are rubbish, but no more than any other provider out there. On the upside, when it does work it is much faster than anything that anyone else can offer through the phone line.

#Keepthefwithfibre

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Just a normal work day for me, in work at lunchtime, home again til 3.10 then back to work again. Went for a power walk after work, according to my phone 11, 445 steps, that includes the patrol round the school field at lunchtime. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I'm just listening to the latest episode of the Pride of Nottingham PONcast, both @Chris and @samwatto2008 kept this quiet.

Today's also my first day at Uni, it's been okay.

More being shown around and settling in.

I've been trying to put it off to the best of my ability, @samwatto2008's steaming rolling me into shape and to be honest. I am starting to get my buzz back, not just for discussing Notts but to talking to people in general.

There's been some big issues as of late which has discouraged me but in all honesty I am enjoying things.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,293
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Won the quiz at Widecombe Fair for the first time with @Megs_a_million and her cousin. Last question was worth 100 points and it was about Crystal Palace's stadium capacity. Whoever got the closest answer would get the 100 points. We got the closest answer and took the lead on the last question. Also won £16 playing sticky 13. 

3 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

I’d demand a new router as well. Better to have them fix the connection and speed issues then start afresh. VM are rubbish, but no more than any other provider out there. On the upside, when it does work it is much faster than anything that anyone else can offer through the phone line.

#Keepthefwithfibre

I've already said to them multiple times we clearly need a new router as this one has had problems since january. Yesterday they tried to get me to pay for delivery and activation fee of a new hub, to which i refused.. i'm not paying for something when the current ones their responsibility to fix or replace. Today i finally got somewhere and they are sending an engineer out to look at it. I don't give up :)

56 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Won the quiz at Widecombe Fair for the first time with @Megs_a_million and her cousin. Last question was worth 100 points and it was about Crystal Palace's stadium capacity. Whoever got the closest answer would get the 100 points. We got the closest answer and took the lead on the last question. Also won £16 playing sticky 13. 

Not a bad night out then @ARLukomski.Well done you 3

1 hour ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I've already said to them multiple times we clearly need a new router as this one has had problems since january. Yesterday they tried to get me to pay for delivery and activation fee of a new hub, to which i refused.. i'm not paying for something when the current ones their responsibility to fix or replace. Today i finally got somewhere and they are sending an engineer out to look at it. I don't give up :)

First thing at the door is hello. Next thing is I want a new router please. Third thing is check everything and replace everything! Every connector internal and external!

Make ‘em earn the money!

22 hours ago, hissingdwarf said:

First thing at the door is hello. Next thing is I want a new router please. Third thing is check everything and replace everything! Every connector internal and external!

Make ‘em earn the money!

The majority of those i say everytime i speak to them... see how i get on saturday.

Archived