Can we climb the table .. and avoid a relegation battle

Magic magpie

So county sit in 22nd place after getting a point out of there tie against Oldham last night.

So the point last night means if Cheltenham win there game in hand we are level on points but we will be back in the relegation zone on goal difference. 

A win last night would have meant that no matter the Cheltenham result we would have avoided the relegation zone for the time being at least.

So my question is can we climb the table and avoid a relagation battle or is it the great escape again.?  

Thoughts guys and girls

F1F34417-43F8-4E8B-AEA9-746E8036E391.png 

Supporter+

Yes we can escape the players are good enough but we need to play the right way to suit the players and their mentality needs to be right. Let’s hope both things are achieved.

17 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yes we can escape the players are good enough but we need to play the right way to suit the players and their mentality needs to be right. Let’s hope both things are achieved.

Actually, I have lost confidence in Kewell to "play the right way"

His current obsession to play as many centre halfs as possible ( warning signs were at Macclesfield, when he played Brisley as a holding midfielder), Husin frozen out and Bird sent on loan to Grantham, demonstrates that any footballing guile is being sacrificed for Vanarama bound ordinariness. 

Wake up Notts, we are drifting into oblivion

Harry Kewell needs to figure out why we won those three games and replicate that, why he feels the need to pull off a striker for a defender is beyond me. His arrogance to his tactics is much of the problem.

I think he wants players playing beyond their ability too.

He should learn about how to get the best of what the squad offers, not what he thinks he can change.

Notts can climb up the table, hopefully the new manager will be able to work hard and find a clear balance between defence or attacking play. I do wonder what Harry Kewell will react if the next manager drops digs at him like Harry did with Kevin Nolan.

Fitness isn't so much the managers fault, it's the loss of a key staff member in Mike Edwards for me.

The club needs to bounce back and react fast under the new manager, I don't expect miracles but I do want to stay clear of the bottom two places.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived