Daily chat thread - Thursday 8th November

Supporter+

Good morning everyone, it’s a brighter start than yesterday thankfully but a bit cooler.

I’ve not had a good night my hips have been aching, keeping me awake and I’ve felt a bit under the weather for a few days now but I really want to go for a run this morning so I’m going to give it a try and see how I get on.

Later we are picking up our young grandsons from school while their mum and dad go to a meeting, it’ll be good to see them, our youngest got dressed up as a knight for medieval day at school yesterday he looked brilliant our son sent us a picture, it’s amazing what you can do with an old pillow case and some cardboard.

Have a great day all.

D4776146-EF5E-4D65-999D-A78AF22E2FBB.jpeg

Supporter+
9 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Fan of Big ToneShould he not be at Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem as well:frantics:

He’s a bit young @Piethagoram but I can go for him I’ve had many a pint in there. 🍺

Supporter+

GEt down to Morrison’s for a bargain. They are selling big tins of sweets Quality Street, Heroes etc., £4 each or 2 for a special price of £8. :joker:

I wonder how many people fall for that.

I have started working at a nearby coffee shop, I started Monday actually and I have been enjoying it.

Over the past couple of days I have been thinking about how best to proceed with the feature I have worked on, I have stumbled on the opening part but quite a few members have answered my questions. I'll crack on with that now.

I didn't visit @GrannyPie today but @william1984, @Harrys_Mummy and Harry did.They last visited on Sunday and said she was very cheerful and was a lot more like her usual self.I had a phone call from another member of the team(again) looking into granny's discharge.

Today has been abit of an indoor day for me, i have been sorting out appointments and planning a few things.

After picking my girls up from school and after school club, me and Ava made her viking longhouse model for a school project over the half term. Adults were able to help. We never got round to it over the holidays but shes now very excited to hand it in tomorrow morning.

Supporter+
20 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

Today has been abit of an indoor day for me, i have been sorting out appointments and planning a few things.

After picking my girls up from school and after school club, me and Ava made her viking longhouse model for a school project over the half term. Adults were able to help. We never got round to it over the holidays but shes now very excited to hand it in tomorrow morning.

That reminds me of a model me and my dad made when I was a kid, the teacher wanted a model of a mountain showing contour lines, my dad had the bright idea of making it out of concrete and I painted the contours, it weighed a ton, I took it to school and the teacher took one look at it threw it and threw it in the bin. :panic:

:joker:

7 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

That reminds me of a model me and my dad made when I was a kid, the teacher wanted a model of a mountain showing contour lines, my dad had the bright idea of making it out of concrete and I painted the contours, it weighed a ton, I took it to school and the teacher took one look at it threw it and threw it in the bin. :panic:

:joker:

I've made quite a few things for school and home with my kids over the years.. we quite enjoy doing it. The viking longhouse took us about an hour and a half, so not bad for that amount of time.

45619118_10155666383145925_1395722276501979136_n.jpg

16 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Good morning everyone, it’s a brighter start than yesterday thankfully but a bit cooler.

I’ve not had a good night my hips have been aching, keeping me awake and I’ve felt a bit under the weather for a few days now but I really want to go for a run this morning so I’m going to give it a try and see how I get on.

Later we are picking up our young grandsons from school while their mum and dad go to a meeting, it’ll be good to see them, our youngest got dressed up as a knight for medieval day at school yesterday he looked brilliant our son sent us a picture, it’s amazing what you can do with an old pillow case and some cardboard.

Have a great day all.

D4776146-EF5E-4D65-999D-A78AF22E2FBB.jpeg

He looks a cracking and noble night @Fan of Big Tone bless him

39 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I've made quite a few things for school and home with my kids over the years.. we quite enjoy doing it. The viking longhouse took us about an hour and a half, so not bad for that amount of time.

45619118_10155666383145925_1395722276501979136_n.jpg

Fantastic job @cheeky~k8 and Elle and Ava that will be one of the best in the class great achievement in the time it took

Today was a bit of a better day .. I managed to do a few things phoneing o2 reguarding there awfull service and my bank as well got a ear ful and sorted out some more appointments that I need to help me improve. Then made dinner which I enjoyed then surprised when Craig popped by. Spoke to chris and a few others today which was good. 

Archived