Gillingham Fc Vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

This would have been an interesting encounter for a different reason, had they have not sacked Martin Allen. Gillingham are currently being managed by interim experienced manager Peter Taylor. The media are reporting he's keen to keep the role, so he will no doubt be trying to oversee their shortfalls a little more than perhaps someone thrown into the position - making this a game we must take seriously, as there are no easy 3 points.

Gillingham are currently 19th, they've lost their last 2 games but managed to beat MK Don's 3-2 at home on the 5th of October.

This is a game Notts need to show their determination, the defense need to be stronger and more organized. We've won against sides poor than the top half, although still this isn't something to dismiss. Crewe and Tranmere are decent teams but if we can beat the bottom half of the table we will be fine.

The players need to focus and work together, it's not a case of attacking to win but playing as a team to pull away from the bottom drop zone.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Need to put the Swindon game behind us and try again for 3 points.We can win this one.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159

Despite being ahead twice we drew with Gillingham at the County Ground .... the only points dropped at home.

They played the ball long to Kedwell and Akinfenwa and scored from two set pieces.

Perhaps they will play differently under Peter Taylor?

Despite being ahead twice we drew with Gillingham at the County Ground .... the only points dropped at home.

They played the ball long to Kedwell and Akinfenwa and scored from two set pieces.

Perhaps they will play differently under Peter Taylor?

We struggle to defend the long ball method, we leak goals via set pieces (lack of application/concentration) and physical teams tend to push us over. They've got three boxes ticked!

I hope we do our revision and prepare for them.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

we need to start games a little slower, i cant help but feeling go all throttle is the reason for our problems at the back. we need to be more patient, its not like we are in a position to beat the bigger teams. its getting a joke with all the ck out, probably why i do not bother with fb anymore.

if we beat the gillingham hopefully things will become a little more calmer.

i dont see it myself tho

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

You can see how this one will play out. Notts will dominate from the start, Gills will score, most likely from a set piece, Notts will take control, Gills will score again on the break. Notts score a late consolation.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see us winning this one.

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think this is definitely one we should be winning so that we can steer clear of the bottom four.

2-0 to Notts, there that's put the mokkers on it.

• Content Count:  486

Tough call this one. We are very unpredictable - it is the sort of game we will either capitulate and get hammered or we'll murder them. Of course, it may possibly be one of the dullest games of the season and end up 0 - 0! Hoping for, but not expecting, a win.

Anyway, I'll be in the chat room, avoiding Arznal on the box.

Come on you Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeees.

• Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

I think we should win by about 4-2, but due to our form being in and out of form, I think in will be 2-2 or maybe 2-1 to the magpies! Goals coming from haber and liddle! YOU PIEEEEES

Supporter+

I think we should win by about 4-2, but due to our form being in and out of form, I think in will be 2-2 or maybe 2-1 to the magpies! Goals coming from haber and liddle! YOU PIEEEEES

4-2 sounds good, I'll settle for that. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

Any win will do!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

No prediction on final score from me but nothing less than a draw will do.I do have a sneaky feeling for Notts though.

Sinking.... I've got that feeling again!

I'd hate to be CK or a player right now, losing 2-0. Battling not quite on tonight, you can't dominate play but let other teams in. Very frustrated right now!

• Content Count:  486

Terrible result - another uninspiring performance, baffling team selection and tactical naievety.

It is desperate now, simply desperate.  We need a new manager, someone who can lift the players, organise, motivate and drive them. This bloke, clearly, can't do that - sadly.

Relying on brilliance from a loan player just isn't good enough.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

this confirms it, we are a relegation struggling side.

the board need to look at things, it is not enough to say we can win these next two home games. losing two goals to one, is not acceptable. we make progress to take several steps back, we have a good squad but lack of direction. chris needs to pull his finger out now! should that be jim or ray tho?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

It really is looking like a relegation battle. I listened to Uncle Colin last night as I was unable to go to the game. Silly mistakes costing us again. I honestly don't know what the answer is now. I am a loyal supporter of the club but have to mention my surprise and disappointment finding I can no longer follow on Twitter a certain person at Notts, and appear to have been blocked for no reason at all. As a season ticket holder, lifeline member and someone over the years that has spent a lot of their income supporting Notts, I find it offensive!

Supporter+

It really is looking like a relegation battle. I listened to Uncle Colin last night as I was unable to go to the game. Silly mistakes costing us again. I honestly don't know what the answer is now. I am a loyal supporter of the club but have to mention my surprise and disappointment finding I can no longer follow on Twitter a certain person at Notts, and appear to have been blocked for no reason at all. As a season ticket holder, lifeline member and someone over the years that has spent a lot of their income supporting Notts, I find it offensive!

Who have you been blocked from following and why?

Supporter+

I must say I was very disappointed at last nights result and I agree it is now looking like we are in serious danger of fighting a relegation battle.

I feel desperately sorry for CK I really wanted it to work for him but it appears that it is not, so how much longer do we give him?

I think Saturday will be a really unpleasant place to be if we lose to Preston assuming CK is still in charge that is.

Tony (deeply depressed)

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

2 things.

1. I'm surprised CK hasn't been removed by now. I honestly thought I'd be waking up to the news that he was no longer the manager.

2. What's clear to me is that Notts County are the 3rd priority. Rugby, Ladies team and then us. That's hard to take.

Who have you been blocked from following and why?

That's just it @tonyhateley, I haven't done anything! I don't tweet that regularly, mainly Notts related, haven't said anything controversial. This morning I had a look at twitter to see what people were saying about Notts and spotted that I didn't appear to be following a member of the Notts board anymore. Thought it must be a glitch in the system, repressed follow but wouldn't allow me to!

>http://youtu.be/ebQ0Ps3yQeI

I find this very hard to watch, we look very bad at the back. I don't like 'we beat ourselves', it's the wrong image we need to be sending out. Everyone's got an opinion, especially with football. I know of people who'd say far worse but it's acceptable - my message to @MuddyPatchPie is to not worry, we appreciate you and I know you're not negative.

Sometimes our feelings and thoughts have to be expressed, I find it saddening to take offense to people who genuinely care but I swing back to the minority of whom can say whatever they like and often do.

It really is looking like a relegation battle. I listened to Uncle Colin last night as I was unable to go to the game. Silly mistakes costing us again. I honestly don't know what the answer is now. I am a loyal supporter of the club but have to mention my surprise and disappointment finding I can no longer follow on Twitter a certain person at Notts, and appear to have been blocked for no reason at all. As a season ticket holder, lifeline member and someone over the years that has spent a lot of their income supporting Notts, I find it offenI always look forward

I always look forward to your posts,Muddy.I have never thought of any of them as being offensive.Any criticism you make is always put over in a thoughtful way and is constructive and never negative.Of course you and all Notts fans are very unhappy  with the way the season is going but you(and every member of this site) have the right to voice your concerns in the way you do.Notts County need support now more than ever.and alienating true,honest fans is not the way to act.

I always look forward to your posts,Muddy.I have never thought of any of them as being offensive.Any criticism you make is always put over in a thoughtful way and is constructive and never negative.Of course you and all Notts fans are very unhappy  with the way the season is going but you(and every member of this site) have the right to voice your concerns in the way you do.Notts County need support now more than ever.and alienating true,honest fans is not the way to act.

Thanks for your support and also @notts-joe. I really appreciate your comments. Exactly we do have the right to voice our concerns but I don't believe my comments or tweets etc are offensive. U pies :)

Supporter+

That's just it @tonyhateley, I haven't done anything! I don't tweet that regularly, mainly Notts related, haven't said anything controversial. This morning I had a look at twitter to see what people were saying about Notts and spotted that I didn't appear to be following a member of the Notts board anymore. Thought it must be a glitch in the system, repressed follow but wouldn't allow me to!

I assume you are being blocked by Aileen Trew, I wondered if she had just had enough of remarks on twitter and mass blocked a lot of people but I've just checked mine and I'm still following her.

Seems strange if as you say you haven't said anything offensive. You certainly don't say anything offensive on here, I too enjoy your posts.

I was just about to make a similar comment.I wouldn't blame Mrs Trew if she did block en Masse.I bet everyone from the chairman down is getting idiots making stupid and inappropriate comments.

Archived