Nuneaton (A)

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

As a bit of a distraction from all the financial fun going on, I hear we're playing one of those "football matches" today. We even have trailists! Has anyone gone?

Team: (1st half)

Fitzsimons
Kelly-Evans (T)
Bird
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Kennedy-Williams
Doyle
Dunn
Howes
Patching
Reid (T)
Hemmings

Subs: Culverwell, Kellett, Betts, Tootle, Osborne, Rose, Crawford, Boldewijn, Campbell, Dennis

About the trialists - Dion Kelly-Evans is a right-back who used to play for Coventry, playing 25 times in League One, and most recently played for Kettering. Kyel Reid is an experienced left winger who has played in all four divisions, making the most appearances (150) for Bradford.

Has anyone gone? Anything to report?

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,803
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

What I would say, Nuneaton had the worst catering in efficiency terms. Spent most of the first half queuing , as there appeared to be a chip shortage

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,937
  • Days Won:  162

3 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Nuneaton had the worst catering in efficiency terms.

worse than the kop at half time? that would have to be shockingly bad.

i did not go to the game either but the feedback i have seen is quite positive, the fact that two trialists have received praise but we really should see how they do in the tougher games.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Didn’t go, but apparently the two trialists we had were a right back and  left winger !! The two positions that we have covered (well until Boldewijn is sold).

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

Kyle Reid is quite pacey, if he has the ability to establish himself regularly as a good performer that's a different question. Some Chesterfield fans never really rated him during his time there, he's no spring chicken at 31 years old. If he can graft I would welcome him though.

A good start to the pre season, fans I know who did attend said how different Notts looked.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I almost don't want pre season to start, however, I do feel the squad will have more togetherness this time round and if they play for each other, who knows. Fans who attended have said how Nuneaton looked like the better side, with them forcing saves from our keepers. If this was the case, perhaps we are learning to take our chances? At this stage it's all about fitness but it eases the mind when a weakened squad can do well.

With all the changes made especially, hopefully Michael Doyle is the right man to lead the squad.

I have my doubts.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Reid was released by Chesterfield and doesn't seem to have been rated by some of their fans. He does have some pedigree though. Personally I'd prefer players on the way up - younger prospects from smaller Conference clubs looking to make a step up. We're not currently an appealing prospect for players like that though.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

Good first pre-season friendly, you cannot read too much into them and any player on trial needs to be tested over a period of games.

• Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Pre season underway, a 2-0 win which is much better than the start Alan Hardy is having with selling the club. 😛 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Anything is a distraction tbh.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I didn’t attended the game but it was a positive scoreline and again the a solid team performance from the squad with more trialest. 

Archived