Who will lead Notts to Wembley?

JIMBO

Who do you feel will be the most important player in the playoff push? Experience under pressure will be needed. Yes, the team needs to work together but who will lead Notts to Wembley in your opinion?

Michael Doyle and Jim O'Brien, issue is we know that usually them together doesn't always work.

I would rather avoid shoving Jim out wide, he's best in the middle in my opinion.

At the end of the day as the clubs captain, Doyle will lead the squad and hopefully he keeps out of the referees book. Him picking cards up or being sent off won't help and, I can see the opposition looking towards who they can get a reaction out of.

Notts just needs to pick up from where they left, confidence will hopefully be high then.

The obvious answer is Michael Doyle as he knows the play-offs like his front door. His experience will be crucial in helping us. Crawford, Turner, McCrory, Bakayogo, McDonnell and Wes Thomas have all been through the play-offs before as well. 

The football we were playing pre lockdown was quality and Neal Ardley's tactics were ever improving (e.g. Aldershot first half, changed formation to break them down and Fylde away went to 3 in midfield to break them down). 

A fully fit Sam Slocombe is a big plus for us. Joe McDonnell did fine in his few games but Slocombe was pushing for player of the season before his injury

• 3 weeks later...

Callum Roberts, I really think when we need that moment of magic he can produce it. His dribbling and ability to weave past a couple of players in the tightest of spaces could be vital.

Just thinking back to the goal against Barrow - outstanding play. Touch, turn, dribble, shoot, goal!

3 hours ago, menzinho said:

Callum Roberts, I really think when we need that moment of magic he can produce it. His dribbling and ability to weave past a couple of players in the tightest of spaces could be vital.

Just thinking back to the goal against Barrow - outstanding play. Touch, turn, dribble, shoot, goal!

Players like that can make all the difference. He's really got no business at all in the National League, or in League Two for that matter.

I've long had a feeling Jimbo would step up and play a leading role in the play-offs.

Archived