notts announce voting for the 2022/23 player of the season

liampie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

this one is going to be difficult, but for once it will be for all the right reasons. you don't have to name who you voted for, if you do great! even better if you feel open enough to explain why, but its not needed.

you can vote here
https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/april/player-of-the-season-vote-170423/

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

The Pride of Nottingham now has a story live on this subject:

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  5

I need time to think about it. For me, there are four strong contenders: Adam Chicksen, Macaulay Langstaff, Matt Palmer, and Ruben Rodrigues.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

I have cast my vote for Matt Palmer already. I think he's only had 1 or 2 average performances, but otherwise he's been the shinning light in midfield. Just extremely calm, hard-working, determined to get stuck in and goes about his work without fuss.

I fully expect Macaulay Langstaff to win due to his sheer goal amount, which has been excellent.

Yet for me, I think overall Palmer has been the player that's made the most difference. We saw it last season, with how he completes his passes and gets Notts forward. Rarely have I seen him break a sweat, despite being all over the pitch and whilst it's hard not to name Langstaff - I just feel Palmer has been more consistent. Those 41 goals are hard to ignore, without them, we might not be doing as well, but without a true engine in midfield there's no connection between defence, attack and creativity.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

Matty Palmer for me also, he is the linchpin to our gameplan and executes it effortlessly. I've never seen him have a bad game and he's like the Duracell Bunny as his performances just go on and on, he doesn't ever appear to need a rest. 

I'd also add Sam Slocombe to the shortlist as he has had a very good season and has rewarded the faith LW has shown in him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

It’s a tough choice this season but it’s Ruben for me. Pretty sure he’s got the most assists and pre-assists (if that’s a thing) but what I mean by that is when he threads those balls in behind to Nemane, Chicks or Scott and they usually square it for someone (Langstaff!) to score. His general footballing ability is just levels above the NL. You could see it at the start of the season against Forest, when he’s on it no-one gets near him for me.

Lots to choose from this season though, and I don’t mind who gets is as there are at least 5/6 players deserving of it.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

Some members may assume that I will cast my vote for Ruben Rodrigues, who I believe has had his finest season with Notts this year, but I am supporting Adam Chicksen. His objectives and performances have indeed been a substantial advantage for Notts. His goals have secured triumphs where points would have been surrendered, and his contributions, overall performance have been exceptional.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I also choose Matt Palmer; he has been among the most significant acquisitions in recent seasons. He is a significant upgrade over Jake Reeves and is a player who performs a lot of the unglamorous work, frequently without recognition. His playing style, passing ability, and superb ball control make it incredibly tough for teams to break down Notts. He is by far the most consistent player and, judging by Luke Williams' decision, appears to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I have narrowed down my choices to three players, and I will decide after Saturday's game which one of them will receive my vote. I believe it's mainly between two of the three, but I am not ready to vote yet. I think whoever wins it will be deserving, and for once, it won't be a one-sided affair.

• Like 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

I am voting for Macaulay Langstaff, not just because of his goals but also his performances. As previously mentioned with Adam Chicksen, I believe the same applies to Langstaff for keeping Notts on course for the top end of the table by scoring some crucial goals. The number of braces he has scored is remarkable, and while some may be simple, others are truly wonderful. That is why he will receive my vote. However, I would like to acknowledge that the entire first team has been outstanding this season.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don’t think I’m in a position to vote, but as an exile here in the States, this is exactly what I like to read. It’s clear that everyone has put a lot of thought into this and it’s very interesting to see who has been mentioned. With Macaulay Langstaff’s goal tally, I can certainly see why people would vote for him.

As for Matty Palmer, he seems to have played many minutes which is usually a sign of excellence. I can’t say much else but Ruben Rodrigues is the other player I would suspect to be named. It’s nice to see the effects of a good season and how the squad has improved off the backs of each others hard work.

Edited by AmericanPie
Minor corrections