What have you done this weekend? 27/28th

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What's everyone been doing this weekend?

It's been very busy at Skegness, very warm too. Today we went to Chapel, which dropped a bit cold due to the breeze. We've been making the most of the quieter areas so far. Plus having walks, which is something we like to do between going on the beach. :D Not bad, plenty more to be done.

GZgocwF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,727
  • Days Won:  27

I have nothing to report on my weekend; it has been strangely quiet and uneventful. I hope you all have a great time in Skegness. Don’t worry, we’ll hold down the fort, gaffer!

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Looks a bit bracing on the east coast @Chris

Saturday morning I did a 5k park run along with 400 other runners, the rest of the day I relaxed in the garden sunshine, then watched Coventry v Luton play off final and had Chilli Con Carne for tea.

Today I went for a walk with Mrs. Fan of Big Tone along the canal, we saw a lot of people on a bridge with cameras waiting for the Lancaster Bomber to fly over, we waited a while but wasn’t sure how long it would be so we carried on but we’re lucky enough to see it as it flew right over our heads really low.

In the afternoon I watched the league 2 play off final, followed immediately after by watching the Premiership game between Leicester and West Ham. Tonight we watched a film called Loopers starring Bruce Willis, a science fiction film about time travel, it was ok but we had to put subtitles on as the Americans seem to have a lazy way of speaking and it was hard to catch the dialogue. No offence @AmericanPie 😆

That was my weekend.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Not done too much this weekend tbf. 

Mowed the grass yesterday morning. Although had a couple of issues with the trimmer, first it got snagged on a stubborn bit of grass that tangled up in some thorny bush and then the part of the strimmer that holds the wire in place snapped off 😩 fortunately managed to get some new strimmer wire and the snapped part just about holds in place, for now anyway 😂

We then had my brother in law over for dinner, had a few drinks played Fall Guys and watched the 1% Club (terrific game show advise anyone who hasn't watched it to watch it). Also watched WWE Night of Champions, which was an alright PLE. 

Today, out in the garden with the kids and a few games of cards. The kids can be sore losers at times 🤣

Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow means an extra day off before returning to reality on Tuesday. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Not done much to be fair. Tidied up the house, drove to Birmingham, stayed in a hotel overnight, then flew to Athens this morning for a few days!

Shattered and been to sleep for a couple of hours, but just woke up so surfing t’web till I can get back to sleep.

Off up the Acropolis in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Weeding ! Gradually catching up.It hasn't been as nice as yesterday but at least it hasn't rained.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@super_ram agreed, been nice today but bit chillier than previous days but at least the rains held off. Thought it was gonna rain earlier though. Glad it's held off so I could get the grass cut 🤣

• Like 4

Supporter+
8 hours ago, super_ram said:

Weeding ! Gradually catching up.It hasn't been as nice as yesterday but at least it hasn't rained.

@super_ram this year I’ve not done so much weeding, to be honest I’m not totally sure what are weeds and what aren’t apart from the obvious ones like dandelions. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at some of the nice flowers that have appeared that I probably would have pulled up. After all a weed is really just a wild flower.

#savetheweed

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Glad to see the responses so far, sounds like everyone is at least finding something to keep busy which is good.

It's been a nice weekend, things started to get calmer and the warmth did return. It was just Chapel where the wind was bracing, Skegness was sunny and calm. I'm already quite tanned. 😂

@Fozzy: Birminingham to Athens, I hope you enjoy those few days you spend there!

@super_ram: Don't forget we've offered to help. I know you want to do things yourself but think of the quality time of doing it together. Don't have it all done by the time we return, or there will be a couple of people annoyed with you. 😂

• Like 4

Supporter+

@Fozzy we visited Athens for day when on a cruise, I remember it was a scorching hot day and the climb up the hill to the Acropolis was challenging but worth it. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

14 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Off up the Acropolis

I read this line first and thought you meant a nightclub 😄 have a great time.

Skeggy looks bracing @Chris! But I miss being able to just go to the coast for a day trip.

As for me, I spent much of Saturday watching the drama unfold in the Bundesliga and third division (which is quite fun when it doesn't directly involve you). Yesterday we went to a medieval festival at Münzenberg Castle, which is to the north of Frankfurt. Had a cracking day there until the hay fever got me. There's even a Scottish beer stand! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

This past Friday, I made my way to Scotland and spent some time there until early today. While travelling, I had the opportunity to explore the beautiful city of Edinburgh, which offers numerous tourist attractions. 

Some of the most popular sites include Edinburgh Castle, a historic fortress with sweeping views of the city, the Royal Mile, which is the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of the British monarch in Scotland. Additionally, one can also visit the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish National Gallery, both featuring captivating exhibitions. 

As my Scottish adventure comes to an end, I will be making a leisurely drive back down to my hometown of Bromley, reminiscing on the fantastic experiences I have had while exploring the picturesque city of Edinburgh.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

i did not even go out, I felt a bit unwell on saturday and i rested yesterday. today work seemed slower but i feel much better.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

8 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Fozzy we visited Athens for day when on a cruise, I remember it was a scorching hot day and the climb up the hill to the Acropolis was challenging but worth it. Enjoy your trip.

Cheers, it was amazing and well worth the entry fee! Fortunately, the weather has been nice so far, not too hot at around 23 degrees and dry. Hoping it stays that way for the next couple of days.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

@BromPie, if you like your Indian food and you're heading to Edinburgh again, give Kebab Mahal a try. It looks (and sounds) proper dodgy, but the food in there is genuinely brilliant.

I'm going to have to go to Edinburgh again. Fantastic city. 

• Like 2

Supporter+
On 28/05/2023 at 22:14, Fan of Big Tone said:

Today I went for a walk with Mrs. Fan of Big Tone along the canal, we saw a lot of people on a bridge with cameras waiting for the Lancaster Bomber to fly over, we waited a while but wasn’t sure how long it would be so we carried on but we’re lucky enough to see it as it flew right over our heads really low.

After seeing the Lancaster bomber on Sunday, we sat in our garden yesterday and saw a Spitfire going over to the same Bank Holiday event. 

What next a German Panzer tank rumbling down the street? Have I slipped into a time warp. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 2

• Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I spent the weekend writing. I had to bring home someone else’s work and focus on improving it in time for today, so it could go to the publishers. Although it wasn't the perfect situation, I demonstrated my willingness to work collaboratively as part of a team. I know the editor appreciated it; two other writers said they had plans. So yeah… Saturday and Sunday, I spent writing by the side of my apartment overlooking Manchester residents and visitors having a good time.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@Fan of Big Tone I can certainly relate to your feelings as an English native when it comes to writing with American spelling. It can be challenging to maintain the correct spelling format in certain situations, especially as we are exposed to so much American English in the media. However, I agree that it's essential to maintain the proper UK English spellings, not only on social media but also in real-life situations, where they are considered the standard.

• Like 1
  • Love 1