• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

It feels like we've been here before. The boredom is strong as we face the same old games this season. We enjoyed a nice change last time, playing teams like Basford United and Hucknall Town. But now it's back to the same dull matches, and it's starting to get a bit boring.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i will be going to this, i did not make it last season and i think we always tend to repeat friendlies. im not bothered about that myself. its about fitness and trying new things, these games helped us last season, no reason why they wont again.

• Like 11

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I anticipate that it will be an enjoyable match. There is certainly no harm in facing Alfreton once more during this pre-season. They are likely to provide Notts with a challenging test away from home. I have a feeling that Alfreton will be particularly motivated for the friendly, especially since they know we will be returning again.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not at all disappointed about playing Alfreton. I think it’s a valuable experience for the team. Their ground isn’t bad for a non-league team. Hopefully, playing there will help our players appreciate where they have come from and inspire them to strive for greater heights.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I’m really looking forward to the pre-season friendly against Alfreton. It’s always great to see the team in action and get a sense of how they’re shaping up for the new season. Plus, it’s a good opportunity to support the lads and show them that we’re behind them all the way.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

To be honest, I’m not overly excited about the pre-season friendly against Alfreton. I mean, it’s always good to see the team play, but I feel like we could have arranged a more challenging opponent. Still, I’ll be there to support the boys and hopefully we’ll see some promising performances.

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Erm, I don't think we should really criticise any of the friendlies because we do have the Stoke CIty game to look forward too.

After all, these are routine games for the players to gain match fitness and for Luke Williams to test things out. I took @super_pie and @Callum234 to last season's pre-season friendly, as I wanted to go see what had happened to where my grandparents lived and to show Jake now that he's older.  It's not a bad ground, some of our fans calling the ground felt very petty considering it wasn't a competitive game. Yet I enjoyed it, despite the mouthy person to the left of us shouting all sorts on nonsense to Alfreton fans.

Had one of them socked her one, she'd be playing the victim. Very irritating person.

I aim to go, it should be a good game. I think I might see if I can carpool with someone though.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Although I often find it difficult to commit to away friendlies, I am seriously considering attending the upcoming one. Fortunately, Alfreton is not too far from my location, making the journey quite manageable. Additionally, I have heard that the ground and facilities are decent, and the location has some connections to Notts. If the weather cooperates and it is a sunny day, that just adds to the appeal. All in all, it should make for a pleasant trip and an enjoyable experience.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It's always great to see teams continue to compete against one another, even in the off-season. With that being said, I'm eagerly anticipating the upcoming friendly match between two notable clubs, Alfreton and Stoke City. Based on past experience, I'm confident that Alfreton will provide a decent challenge for our side. Indeed, I anticipate this friendly to be a far better test than we experienced last season, and I'm excited to see what the players bring to the pitch. Only time will tell who will emerge victorious, but regardless of the result, it will certainly be a thrilling and enjoyable match to witness!

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

A friendly is indeed a friendly, and as long as we're selecting the teams that allow us to prepare most effectively for the upcoming season, I'm quite chuffed with the overall situation. The preseason schedule seems reasonable to me, although I must admit it would have been smashing if the club announced the majority of the away matches together, with the home fixtures following suit. Nonetheless, excited for what's in store! Cheers!

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Alfreton is a fairly close game, and fans can travel there by car, train or bus without any hassle. I'm personally really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It should be a good friendly and test for our Notts squad. Both teams are making improvements to their respective teams, so previous games won’t be the same. I have found past games to be unreliable in friendlies. Besides, it all depends on what the manager wants.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@Nocturnal-Magpie it’s a night match I think so it should suit you. 😂

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I guess the thing is friendlies are there to achieve definite outcomes, the fans wishes probably being the least important.  Teams will be chosen for a variety of reasons, style of play, locality, testing out new things, standards setting etc.  I think last season's match against the lot over the river was there so the players could see what standards they need to aspire to, and proved to them that they could meet those standards.  I would think the Stoke game is similar this year, whilst games against lower league opposition would be to test new systems etc.  I don't think pre-season friendlies really give any indications individually, or collectively until we are several games in and can see what lessons were learned during that period.  So I don't have a problem with any game.  Mind you, I live so far away I can't get to any anyway (unless we play Gillingham, Ebbsfleet, Dover, Maidstone or Margate!!), so it probably affects me less.

• Like 1