Retro Notts Shirts

KB1862

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Been after a Notts retro shirt for a while but everytime I've gone to order one, they've sold out. But the other day they were put back in stock and before they sold out I ordered one. The 1993 Home Bitter shirt, one of the ones I wanted back in stock. 

Today the shirt arrived but it's having to go straight back due to the size being on the small side for me.

When it comes to T-Shirts, I usually get XXL but in football shirts I go for an XL and they fit perfectly fine. 

Anyone else had any size issues? At least I kind of know for next time I may need a size or 2 up. 

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I never have any problems with my sylph like figure. 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

I think the retro shirts in the club shop are quite poor and not as good as those of other clubs. The design of the retro shirts is also quite off. I understand that sponsors and other factors can be limiting, but the pattern and design can still be replicated. You can find better remakes on eBay.

• Like 8

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think the retro shirts are awful. The badges don’t look right. The older single magpie looks fine, but the collar puts me off. The 1992/93 replica shirt mostly looks good, but it’s the smaller details that make me dislike it.

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

In terms of look and closeness to the real design, the shirts are mostly 6/10. I think the club's partnership with The Terrace stops efforts from being put into finding better options. It's probably an easy and financially beneficial deal. In the past, I know fans who have purchased replica kits from Notts County Shirts and Memorabilia on Facebook that look 100% better.

• Like 4

@NottsCountyKev I'll be honest when it arrived I was a little disappointed in the material and quality of what I was expecting tbf. 

@upthepies I might have to try that route next time for one.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i dont mind them but i do think the terrace rush their release just to make money. if they took more time, the quality would be better, but i see many fans wearing them and i wonder why? i would rather see a replica of good quality than something rushed.

• Like 4

@liampie 100% it's why I trust Score Draw and buy from stores that supply Score Draw shirts. Quality is fantastic and has been taken care of to manufacturer. Sizes are accurate too. My mate has a couple retro kits and said I should have gone a size or 2 higher but that shouldn't be the case. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I personally don't like them; I think they don't look right either. Jake wants one of the retro kits of the 80's shirt.

Each to their own, I say.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I've got to admit I was interested in the green Wrangler shirt, but they were sold out when I looked. The font for the Home Bitter shirt is wrong, which would bug me a bit, but they are an alternative to the new shirts, which tend to be ugly or sold out.

I own two retro shirts. One of them is a Toffs home shirt from the 50s (the badge has completely washed off unfortunately). The other is for my German team from the early 80s, it's an Adidas design similar to our classic shirt of the same period, minus the three stripes and Adidas branding. It's very rough and ready and the colour is too vivid, but I like it anyway. It's also the only shirt I own in XXL.

The quality of the clothes in the club shop in general leaves a lot to be desired, to be honest. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

It’s just nice to have the option to own one or two, even if they’re not perfect and exact copies. I have my eye on the 92 shirt. The badge is way off, but I don’t mind because it would peel off before. For that reason, these are okay.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  44
  • 𝕏:  twitter @chogger5

On 29/06/2023 at 22:24, TheSkipper said:

I think the retro shirts are awful. The badges don’t look right. The older single magpie looks fine, but the collar puts me off. The 1992/93 replica shirt mostly looks good, but it’s the smaller details that make me dislike it.

Agree I have this shirt and quite like it but am annoyed by little details like the fact it doesn't have a second yellow stripe across the back of the shoulder like the original if you are going to make one with one yellow stripe make the 89-91 shirt 🤷

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I am fond of retro shirts and do not mind that they are not as close to the original. As mentioned in the shirt update thread, I intend to purchase some with my shirt order if they have my size in stock.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  881

They look fine for what they are, a bit more attention to detail would make them better but I don't think the Terrace is the place to get that quality.