Artistry at the San Sirrel

Piethagoram

Supporter+

I saw him doing that as I looked over from the Pavis stand, I wondered what it was all about, it’s nice to see the finished painting.

• Like 10

The painting is appealing, although it’s somewhat challenging to distinguish the players on the pitch, and the details within them aren’t as prominent as those of the spectators. However, I understand that this might be intentional so as not to detract from the stands or the pitch.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I saw him doing that as I looked over from the Pavis stand, I wondered what it was all about, it’s nice to see the finished painting.

did he paint it as the match was ending? it seems a bit of a weird thing for the club to permit.

the art is fantastic, really nice but i have seen similar things to this in the past where people just use a photo for the reference and dont actually consume much space. i can see him sitting there right near the end paining on a canvas in the potential way of other fans view.

but as i say its a nice bit of art.

• Like 6

Supporter+
23 minutes ago, liampie said:

did he paint it as the match was ending? it seems a bit of a weird thing for the club to permit.

the art is fantastic, really nice but i have seen similar things to this in the past where people just use a photo for the reference and dont actually consume much space. i can see him sitting there right near the end paining on a canvas in the potential way of other fans view.

but as i say its a nice bit of art.

@liampie He was in the unoccupied section of the Sirrel stand so he wasn’t in anyone’s way, he painted it throughout the match.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

It's incredible, vibrant colour and an excellent style.

I always wonder why some art ends up distorted, as if the artist has got a fish eye effect with his vision. It could just be a style, yet I think the portions of the stands and curve of the front part of the pitch would look a lot better without this approach.

It doesn't take anything away from it, it's just my personal thought. The painting is a masterpiece regardless.

• Like 9

Love it. I've not heard of him before but just from a quick look over his work this morning he's a really talented artist. Painting that panorama style is tricky and mastering proportions in drawing/painting isn't easy.

The fact he did that over the course of the game (and probably a bit extra at end to finish off) is supremely impressive.

• Like 8

On 27/08/2023 at 15:37, Fan of Big Tone said:

@liampie He was in the unoccupied section of the Sirrel stand so he wasn’t in anyone’s way, he painted it throughout the match.

it looks like he painted notts supporters in the away end. is the person a notts fan?

• Like 1

Supporter+
1 hour ago, liampie said:

it looks like he painted notts supporters in the away end. is the person a notts fan?

There weren’t any supporters where he was painting I think he just added those for effect, I don’t know whether he’s a Notts fan or not.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 27/08/2023 at 18:18, Piethagoram said:

Perhaps @Dry Nelson Ray can invite the artist for Wrexham v #Notts?

I would love to! That painting is marvelous. Does anyone have contact details, I would be happy to try to make it happen. Off topic, my wife has said she wants an exotic painting for our home. Do you think he takes commissions? If he’s not put off by nude painting, I already have the perfect model for the role. No, not me! My good pal, Rob McElhenney. He’s always up for a challenge. And a laugh. Seriously, though, don’t tell him I said that. He might get offended. Or flattered. Or both.

• Haha 3

• 4 months later...