Weekend Plans Friday 22nd -Sunday 24th Sept

Supporter+

So what plans have you got for this weekend, or what have you been up to?

We are still on the Isle of Wight the weather was pretty awful for part of the week but it’s considerably better these last two days, today we’ve been using our old farts bus passes to go to Cowes on the excellent bus service.  

Tomorrow I’ll be keeping an eye on the match and hoping Notts win, we’ll probably go on the bus again to our favourite pub in Ventnor for lunch, it’s called The Spy Glass and it’s right on the seafront.

What are your plans?

• Like 4
  • Love 2

It sounds like a nice way to listen to Notts. A few times back in the day, I sat in a pub in Skeggy (technically Winthorpe) and listened to Notts, also a few times on the beach. One time I actually wrote a message, with my children saying "COME ON YOU PIES" after we had won, which I posted to social media.

Enjoy your time away; just make sure you have time for yourself and Mrs T!

I will be at Meadow Lane tomorrow, it's going to be quite full on, but I am looking forward to it. I have enjoyed taking my fan pics, as it does put me in contact with fans I may otherwise miss. I do like those interactions; it goes along way to feeling at home when at Meadow Lane.

Sunday, I need to get over to see my dad. I want to drag everyone over, as it's been awhile, but it depends on how some feel. Ellie's been unwell with a cold. I know she won't want to pass it on.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

i am at meadow lane tomorrow as to be suspected, sunday i will be going to my mums again.

i dont have to fetch shopping or anything like that, i did it today after work. sunday dinner will be on the cards though. when i head home, depending on the weather i might swing past a friends to see how they are. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I also attended the match at Meadow Lane today. I never expected to be so entertained by a seven-goal spectacle. It was a fantastic game, with both teams pushing each other hard. I believe Forest Green Rovers will be fine if they can secure a few results soon, which should help them climb back up the table.

Tomorrow, my day is filled with work from 10 am to 3 pm, followed by some college work. It may not be glamorous, but that’s my weekend for you.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Supporter+

We had a lovely day yesterday we had a walk along a lovely quiet beach at Bembridge the weather was lovely, followed by a pint and lunch in a pub that brewed its own beer. I was anxiously checking my phone for the Notts scores and got a bit worried at 2-2 but later I was able to celebrate with a pint of Theakstones Old Peculier (yes that is the correct spelling). 

• Like 3

After the game yesterday, quite a few of the players kindly signed my prints, and I am very grateful for this.

I also spoke to Dave Bracegirdle, of the BBC and told him how much I enjoy his commentary and approach to his work. He probably thought I was a right weird sod, but he listened and thanked me. Both he and Mark Stallard praised my art as well. Going as far as to say, they're surprised the club doesn't work with me. 👀 :unsure:

I'm not interested in making money for wealth, but to keep my passion going.

Jodi Jones, Macaulay Langstaff, Connell Rawlinson, Aaron Nemane, John Bostock, David McGoldrick all spoke to me and were thankful that I gave them new prints in both home and away. In fact, a couple asked me if I was sure, I think if they take the time and sign some, the very least I can do is thank them.

I may have forgotten one or two, but it gave me such a huge lift to feel appreciated.

From that, it gave me the encouragement to ask Luke Williams if I could show him a print I have of him, which I haven't had the chance to give him. Unfortunately, I forgot that there's two in A4 size in my binder than I wanted to get signed. One for me and one for a good friend - @Ryan Raynor.

If any of the players read this or their families, it means so much to me and I hope it wasn't too cheeky of me to ask. I really enjoyed the conversations, particularly with Jodi who was an amazing person, and King Williams as well. :D

Today, I spent some quality time with my dad. I considered it my day off, yet I still uploaded my fan pictures and did the match report.

@super_ram took a trip down memory lane with me; it was a good chat. I can't wait for him to come to Skegness with us. ❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@Chris I’m so pleased to hear the players and manager took time to speak with you it’s great to hear.

Today we went to Ryde for the last day of our holiday and it was a lovely day, we had a nice walk along the sea front with great views of the Solent and Portsmouth across the water.

Back to reality tomorrow was we catch the ferry home and back to hospital appointments and tests for Mrs. T.

• Love 1

I was at the game with my partner, sister, brother in law and nephew.  What a game.  Notts and our fans are winning my partner over (she previously hated football).  The play is exciting and the fans are really funny and the chants are all in great humour.  We loved the Sutton game for that reason too.  After we had a take away with my sister, then yesterday made our way back to Thanet.  It was a great weekend.

• Like 1