Weekend Plans 1st - 3rd December

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,959
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend? Who’s heading to the lane tonight? Who’s Christmas Shopping? Who’s seeing family? What are your plans, let us know.

I’m coming to the end of our week in snowy Whitby, tonight we are heading out for a curry it’ll make a change for Mrs. T she usually cooks curry on Friday when we are at home. Tomorrow we are travelling home, we have to go over the moors on a road which has been closed this week because of snow, I hope it’s clear tomorrow otherwise we’ll be extending our stay.

It’s not all been snow here’s a few pics.

06EA07C3-E669-4AA3-8BAC-8AD6B17C1151.jpeg
1F5DCC73-8385-400A-AA17-F3F00396870A.jpeg

D88E5AE2-602A-4558-9D99-2559CF3E5CA1.jpeg
2D9C9151-82D5-42A0-B100-B42EB842E7F3.jpeg

DA9C921B-7C40-463B-8902-124E4CFB93C8.jpeg

F337B4F0-9DBE-4B71-BE08-C76FC12C9FAE.jpeg

9743D2BE-19E9-48D9-B152-19EC8B1DA767.jpeg

The last pic isn’t mine but one someone posted on the local facebook group.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

That looks like you have had a super stay. 

This weekend is a quiet one - my partner had round number 3 of her chemo this week, so we try to keep the following weekend nice and calm.  So it will be a case of getting Christmas decorations down, maybe the tree, coffee shops in Canterbury and maybe some gentle Christmas shopping.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

Notts are playing tonight, which leaves my weekend open. At the moment, I don’t have any plans, but I know my family will likely decide to meet up at a local pub and then head back to someone’s house afterwards for food and drinks. On Sunday, I just want to rest before the start of a new week. It’s starting to get chilly.

• Like 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No plans, but my brother has asked if I will help him with his move and that will be how I spend Sunday.

I'll make sure to check back in tomorrow, if I do anything worth mentioning.

Fingers crossed I can get chance to visit PON's Team Member of the Month, make sure he's not been heavily celebrating. I mean, what else does he have to celebrate supporting Derby? ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

no plans and with it being cold, i just want a weekend of watching tv and relaxing.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, given that the temperature today is getting up to a colossus 1° I'm not going to be venturing too far! Got a bit of tidying up and cleaning to do and then I'm going to treat myself to a parsnip curry. It looked delicious when made on the TV by a professional chef, here's to hoping I can do it justice!

• Like 5

Supporter+

Just got back from Whitby, the snow on the moors was really thick plus there was freezing fog I’m glad to be home in one piece! Just got to get the cat from the cattery then I’m settling in.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,992
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

An unexpected phone call of the worst kind, saw me driving down the motorway as my sister was in hospital with a suspected heart attack. I have to say the NHS staff at St Helier Hospital Carshalton were fabulous. It's been a mentally draining day where life can change in an instant. Touch wood, she will be OK . Just reinforces that the NHS should never be broken up and sold to private healthcare... also makes Friday night's football disaster an irrelevance.

• Love 2
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Please convey my best wishes to your sister for a speedy recovery @Piethagoram

.I agree with your sentiments regarding the NHS.having experienced the help and care they gave  @GrannyPie.for so many years..

Just file Friday night's memories  at the back of your mind and concentrate on the good things happening with Notts.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Supporter+

@piethagoram I hope your sister recovers it must be very worrying for you and the family.

• Love 5

Supporter+

If you’ve got kids get out in the snow and make a snowman or go sledging these are memories your kids will remember for ever. This is our back garden this morning.

43EC094C-D965-446F-8911-85AC13543D81.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Supporter+

@Piethagoram our thoughts are with you, your sister and all the family, I hope for a positive outcome.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

We are all with you @Piethagoram,sending our best wishes to your sister,you family and yourself.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

I spent the weekend pretending to watch paint dry as I lingered around my windows, unsure whether to go out or not. In the end, I didn't, mostly because of the cold. I don't mind when it snows, as it's a bit of a change, but I don't feel adventurous.

It's good to see you getting out and about @Fan of Big Tone, and I also send my best wishes to your sister @Piethagoram. I'm thinking of you both; it sounds terrible, especially so close to Christmas when you should be together under nicer circumstances.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

Ironically that last picture you found @Fan of Big Tone i used as inspiration for @GrannyPie's christmas card to put on her grave this year.

This past weekend after completing all my christmas cards we stayed in all weekend but we did have our nephew over to stay.

Our older two kids played games with him and we also played monopoly junior and cluedo on saturday. Sunday me and my middle child played in the snow and i made sunday dinner before doing the usual help with homework with my youngest daughter.

i love the snow so that was a fun time in the garden playing in the snow whilst it lasted.IMG_20231128_102352.jpg

IMG20231203122100.jpg

IMG20231203122830.jpg

IMG20231203125652.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I hope your sister is recovering ok @Piethagoram

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I didn’t do much, mostly just surfed the internet, watched TV and films. It was nice to have a weekend where I could do whatever I wanted. With Notts having played the Friday before and the snow, it wasn’t like I was going to go out again.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@Piethagoram I am sorry to hear about your sister. You don't have to provide us with any updates on how she's doing, but I for one hope she pulls through this okay. I am concerned for you too, I hope you are coping as well as you can. How are you? 

@Fan of Big Tone I hope you and Mrs. Tone had a nice time in Whitby. The pictures certainly make it look quite brisk, but still inviting!

@cheeky~k8 those are brilliant cards. I like that you take the time to hand-make your Christmas cards, that's a gift!

This past weekend, I haven't done much, if anything at all. I am still recovering from my operation, which was successful. I didn't want to mention this before, but that is why I haven't been as active. I still get tired, but it's nice to not feel so short of breath. Plus, I can get around using my own two feet. I plan to spend Christmas away with my neighbors; they have become more like family.

• Like 3

Supporter+

@AmericanPie I’m really pleased to hear the operation was successful I bet you feel like a new man.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

@Piethagoram I really hope your sister is OK and making progress.  You are right on the NHS, it is precious and must be protected.  Take care and I am thinking of you.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,992
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Thank you for all PoN community that have expressed concern

My sister had one day at St Helier Hospital Carshalton, then 2 days at Epsom District Hospital

She had lost feeling in her right hand, basics like holding a pen,  though it is now slowly coming back

The staff of both hospitals were fantastic but listening to the radio this morning, about the UK gov't proposing that overseas spouses married to UK citizens, may be deported if they fail the £38k income threshold, my sister may not have made it had those staff been not available within the NHS. 

• Love 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

@Piethagoram, I’m truly sorry to hear about your sister’s situation. It must be tough to see a loved one going through this. It’s encouraging to hear that she seems to be improving, and I hope she makes a full recovery soon.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

piethagoram super is right, we are all thinking of you and are wishing the best for your sister. thanks for the update, i hope you are coping okay?

its good to see you back @AmericanPie.

• Love 2