Where are they now - Enzio Boldewijn

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,959
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I watched the FA Cup highlights and noticed that Enzio is now plying his trade at Eastleigh. They beat League 1 Reading in the 2nd round and Enzio had a hand in both goals, looked like he had a good game.

• Like 12

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I liked Enzio Boldewijn, but he was never consistent enough for us, he couldn't defend or wouldn't - which made him a luxury.

This said, I would always wish him well because he's a super nice person and never deserved some of the hate/stick he had whilst here. It's just simply whilst he was here, all he had in his game was wonder goals. Fans either overrated him or seemed to hate him.

I'm pleased he's doing well for Eastleigh.

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

towards the end of his time i thought he tried but there was some awful games, it was what it is with him. its not enzios fault that some managers would play him over better performers. there was times he was generally very good.

i hate to see him going backwards and playing for the likes of eastleigh.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

His intentions were good, but he didn’t quite deliver for us. The number of times he lost possession or squandered opportunities by trying to be the hero was frustrating. On his day, he could be a force to reckon with, but he lacked the consistency of Ruben Rodrigues.

• Like 8

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,992
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

There were spells of 5 minutes of attacking genius but the lack of defensive awareness let him and the team down. The fact that he appeared to have no "resale" value said it all

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  634
  • Days Won:  2

Enzio was a fleeting sensation, largely unexciting and mostly disappointing. I don’t doubt his pleasant personality, but I know of amateur players who would have performed more consistently for us than he did. Our dependence on him is part of what led to our downfall, as we didn’t have anyone better that season. It’s harsh, as he did make an effort, but how poor does one have to be to stand out in a squad like that?

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  229

I apologise, but I was never a fan of Enzio Boldewijn. He had the first touch of a giraffe and the speed of a jack-in-the-box. While he had his moments of brilliance, they were few and far between. When you invest in a player that others have overlooked, it speaks volumes about them. How many fans would honestly say they would pay what we did for him? It makes what we paid for Macaualay Langstaff seem like even more of a bargain.

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Enzio wasn’t the top player. I wouldn’t label him as lazy, but he seemed to lack confidence and perhaps self-belief. He wasn’t the quickest either. Some fans treated him as if he was a superstar, but we never saw that level of performance from him. I wish him all the best at Eastleigh.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I understand the sentiments about Enzio. He was a player who could be exasperating to watch. Perhaps he needed a manager who could inspire him and provide honest feedback? When he first signed, I thought he would be a more impactful player.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

In hindsight, Enzio wasn’t as good a signing. He scored important goals that saved us at times, but people will remember that more than his poor performances. I thought there was potential in him, but he never really shone beyond being average.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  389

I extend my best wishes to Enzio. He may not have been an outstanding player, but his earnest efforts made him endearing.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

Enzio wasn’t the worst player we had, he just hit a slump and never recovered. In League Two, he was often our best player. I know we had a team that didn’t fight as hard as they could have, but he did. I wish him all the best.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Best of luck to Enzio. He often frustrated me during his time here, and it seemed like he was slowing down, but I’m grateful for his contributions. For instance, his performance in the League Two match against Macclesfield showed his fighting spirit.

• Like 1