January transfer window recruitment doc

ARLukomski

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

January can't come soon enough for us with the gaping hole in our midfield and defence, in need of reinforcements and squad depth looking a bit empty

Having lost Cedwyn Scott and Geraldo Bajrami, plus our most influential player Matty Palmer to injury, it's clear the squad is in need of signings. 

We were right to stick by the players that got us promoted, but we should have added more to the squad in the summer. Now the mantra is progression over loyalty

Since the start of this month I've been putting together a list of possible choices for the January transfer window. Split them up into tier 1 and tier 2 targets.

Tier 1 is realistic and accounting for budget (depending on how ambitious we are being). Tier 2 is less likely options/players. Players I will take but would prefer if we signed the tier 1 players

Tier 1 Centre-Backs

Tier 1 CB.PNG

Tier 2 Centre-Backs

Tier 2 CB.PNG

Tier 1 Central Midfielders

Tier 1 CM.PNG

Tier 2 Central Midfielders

Tier 2 CM.PNG

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

I’m not convinced that Dan Gosling was a good choice. He seemed perfect when Matt Palmer was injured, but he hasn’t quite caught up yet. There’s still time, but I’d prefer someone with more speed, eagerness to move forward, and passing ability. A hard-working player would be ideal.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,167
  • Days Won:  3

Arthur Read would be a great addition, but I don’t think Wrexham would let Luke Young leave. Conor McGrandles could bring experience and distribute the ball well for us. I’d be happy with Read and McGrandles. Defensively, Adam Senior would be a good choice.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  546
  • Days Won:  1

It’s intriguing to see the names of some players being discussed. I’m hopeful that we can secure a substitute for Matty Palmer, who is sorely missed, as well as another centre back. My preference would be for a centre back who combines speed with the experience to read the game effectively.

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Whilst I think @ARLukomski shares a solid list of potential signings, I think Notts will be looking to sign more experienced and established players between the ages of 24 and 27.

Having an understudy to Matt Palmer doesn't really make much sense in my eyes.

I think our recruitment will be looking for some who is very much like Palmer, but equally experienced and maybe versatile in what role they can play in midfield.

Defensively, I can't see us looking to bring in someone like Adam Senior (who I suggested in my article during the pre-season). I can see Notts paying money to bring in someone of real quality to help steady the back.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,134
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve considered several players, and I believe Jamie Jellis would be an ideal short-term replacement for Matt Palmer. His playing style is different, which is why I suggest him as a temporary solution. He could become a significant player for Notts.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  0

Recruitment will play a crucial role in keeping our season on track, and as fans, we can contribute too. Let’s halt the negativity and focus on the positives. It’s okay to discuss past events, but we also need to look at the brighter side. We’ve made our way back to the EFL and are aiming for League One. Let’s take it one step at a time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i have no recommendations or players in mind, i just know we need to add a bit more cover and depth. the players that may sign need to be of first team quality.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I believe a priority is getting goalkeeping cover, An experienced centre back, & a defensive midfielder who are all experienced to League 1 level. I think we are okay in the attacking areas

They should be fit enough to get straight into the team if required.

A goalkeeper that commands is area, deal with crosses, & can distribute well.

The Central defender should be tall, good in the air & mobile.

The defensive midfielder who can run forever, doesn't mind getting stuck in & can inspire the rest of the team.

I don't have anyone in mind, maybe members will know who can fit the bill.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Jamie Jellis is an excellent choice. Bags of potential. He would do well in League 2. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Scott Robertson looks like a target for us, as does Jamie Jellis. We'll see if they come or not

One thing Luke Williams mentioned is replacing players who were out injured long term. 

One of them players is Cedwyn Scott and if so I think we should be looking into the loan market for a striker. Esepcially as Junior Morias is injured at the moment.

The two players I chose were Mark O'Mahony from Brighton and Callum Marshall from West Ham. One of these two on loan to come in for Cedwyn whilst he's injured would be nice.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

What a great signing to end the year.

Scott Robertson is a new Magpie.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8,988
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Scott Robinson✅

Jamie Jellis (though would he come if he cant be guaranteed to be in match day squad)?

Middle Centre Back

Left Centre Back

Goalkeeper ( I would vote for Brooks in goal)

Striker

Loan outs

Morias (when fit)

Rawlo

Randall

Not to renew:

Gosling

Ins and outs would help towards balance the playing budget, though net, ins may cost more

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8,988
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Update

Scott Robinson✅

Jaden Warner✅

Need in last 2 days of window:

LCB

Midfielder

Striker

Loan outs

Morias (when fit)

Rawlo

Randall

Not to renew:

Gosling✅

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t anticipate Notts signing anyone today, as I believe our dealings are complete. It would be intriguing to see if anything changes, but I think it’s highly improbable. We usually conclude our business well before the deadline.

• Like 2