Chris & Alex Reedtz: Five Years In Charge

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

What a transformation the brothers have made to our club since taking over the ownership of Notts County on this day five years ago.

So much positivity around the club & with Notts now on a firm financial footing, not forgetting the memories made that will never be forgotten, & further great memories to come too.

• Like 15
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

Five Years, where as the Time Gone? From the Grim Darkness and Hardship of the Alan Hardy Era, the Brothers Certainly have taken Notts back into the Sunlight. Their Ownership of the Club has Brought Faith and Hope and Financial Stability . Thank You Chris & Alex.

• Like 11
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

the brothers took us on in our darkest time being relegated into the national league and not only did they spend money investing in the squad but they have rebuilt notts into a promising and often exciting team to watch.

i am very thankful towards them for returning us to the english football league and for giving us a lot to cheer about.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

They’ve not only transformed our fortunes on the pitch they’ve made lots of improvement off the pitch too,

• new pitch with future proof option for under soil heating
  • new fan zone The Hub
  • new sound system
  • new bar behind kop
  • electronic advertising boards
  • new score boards
  • Enlarged hospitality seating

Lots of which help generate more income, I t’s incredible what they’ve done in 5 years, we are very lucky to have great owners rebuilding our club on and off the pitch.

• Like 13
  • Love 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

Since taking over, the Reedtz brothers have done a remarkable job. The club is gradually becoming more appealing to football enthusiasts and the people of Nottingham, drawing in new fans and expanding the supporter base. Their primary aim is to increase Notts’ off-pitch profits while enhancing its on-pitch attractiveness.

• Like 14
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought that it would take them awhile to establish a connection with the club, and whilst I thought their ideas sounded exciting. I wasn't expecting it to be as positive as we have seen. It pains me when I see so-called supporters claiming they have no intent or ambition. It comes across as very mardy and deluded, either that or they are extremely ungrateful.

I'm not sure any other owners could have come in and changed things around, recruited players for money and used a modern approach to finding players which has largely been successful.

Investing money shouldn't always be spent on the pitch with the players, if we have learned anything it has to be spent in the right manner. If you spend on players, you risk other areas falling behind such as the stadium. If you spend it solely on the stadium, then you risk having a weaker squad and being forced to sell players to overcome it. I thought Alan Hardy did well in his first season. I appreciated his efforts until he totally lost the plot.

The Trew era had some fantastic elements, I know certain people won't give credit, but I always have done. Despite noses being placed out of joint at any opportunity to be upset about trivial matters. At least, we are not being run like a circus. I like how the Brothers have largely kept behind the scenes; it allows the club to be more efficiently run.

I think we should be thankful, as the club does seem to be moving forward. We just need to trust the process and try to keep our support, without the meltdowns over nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Love 13

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t want this to be taken in a way that people will think I am ungrateful, but the best things that Chris and Alex Reedtz have done are off the pitch. All the projects off it are nothing more than a bonus, but a welcomed one at that.

Structuring Notts to be successful has been their main goal, with improving player recruitment and making sure the club progresses on the pitch. It’s not all been plain sailing, but we have seen a continuous level of progression. In football, you want to see your club adapting like this. Too slowly, you risk not seeing your hard work pay off, but too quickly can lead to instability.

As a business model, I would rather have Notts’ approach under the Reedtz than any club that feels they can force their way into the top leagues by spending money alone.

• Like 4
  • Love 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  1

I'm a young fan, and I've only ever hoped to see the club run this well. It's how teams should be. The owners clearly understand business and have dived into football with this as their focus. I'm very thankful because Notts are looking more trendy.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s been an adventure, one where it seemed like we might spend seasons in the National League beyond the four years that we did. I would say this achievement alone is their greatest one yet, considering the limited promotion spots and the number of times we stumbled in the playoffs. It’s no easy feat!

The drama around the club has mostly been fan-produced, which is a huge relief compared to the drama during the Hardy/Trew eras.

Christoffer and Alexander Reedtz have meant business, invested their money, and not made any false promises. They have allowed their staff to run the club, and I praise them for their loyalty towards the managers. I do think Neal Ardley was pushed a bit unfairly, but they can spot a potential good head coach.

I just hope Stuart Maynard manages to remain in his position and help bring us further success.

The past five years have been like a dream, seeing how Notts has transitioned on the pitch. I hope we continue to strive for attractive football because it’s a big part of what makes our club appeal to casual and floating fans.

• Like 3
  • Love 11

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  256

It’s wonderful to see Notts being run so well. I do wish the club could retain some of the staff that make a difference. There have been departures which affect the community, but the brothers can’t help with that. Football tends to be a natural step forward, and the long-term staff that are here do help to make things efficient. I am pleased with the owners; I couldn’t ask for more from them.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  131

It’s like winning the lottery and having every dream come true. We are not steamrolling leagues or being funded by bouncing cheques, fraudulent owners, or people so out of their depth that turning on the fans is the only way to salvage their public image. We are owned by sensible people who run the club as a business and think carefully about how to move forward.

When the Reedtz do make appearances on TV or the radio, they always come across well.

It makes a difference to focus on building and changing the club’s fortunes, compared to 5-year plans or short-term goals. We are working hard, recruiting players, and improving season by season. The club is a breath of fresh air, so much positivity and lots to look forward to.

Mostly thanks to the Reedtz’s strong vision and guidance from the top down.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  56

The Reedtz brothers have single-handedly transformed the club, given a lease of life to the staff to do their jobs, remained largely in the background, and enabled the club to start spending money on players that bring in a better quality than free agents alone can bring.

I never felt they would invest like they have done, so when fans say they lack ambition, I don’t think they are credible supporters because they lack the thanks and understanding of how small a club we are and how out of it we had been due to the decline Alan Hardy put on us for falling out of the Football League to begin with.

I am thankful. I feel we are in good hands, and I am more than prepared to wait for a higher level of football because giving them the time to continue will make Notts County better in the long term.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  2

They are the best owners Notts could have asked for. I really love what they have done with the club, and I hope we can celebrate another five years with them.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

Some fans won’t know just how lucky we are right now. Notts used to be a team that struggled and had little hope. Parts of the ground needed refurbishing, and despite some awful events, the previous owners have done some nice things to the ground. This makes me thankful to have the Reedtz.

They have gone above and beyond. Notts doesn’t seem to be a project but a club always wanting to be better.

I hope they see the importance of retaining the family club aspect, especially with the increase in match prices. I applaud them for all the wonderful things they have done. Those who question their ambition only want short-term gains and don’t think about how bad the club could be if things weren’t thought out or wisely planned.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i think most fans appreciate and respect what the reedtz have done and continue to do for us. there is a pocket of silly fans who think they are not investing in the squad etc, which is just silly. i think those types of fans are the ones who get into the ears of owners or the club, making them think actions need to be taken when its better to procced as you are. i dont think notts does this, but it does risk that clubs might overspend or make mistakes which these people seem to love to jump on.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102

I feel very lucky. I am not the type of fan who makes demands of the owners, but I think we are fortunate to have two brothers who want to see the best come to Notts County. I hope we get up to the Championship at some stage in the next 10 years. They deserve to see that, as do the fans.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  1,319

Chris and Alex Reedtz have done wonders in their five years, with one promotion. They continue to push for a second. The one so far is the biggest in the club’s history in recent years. It would be amazing if we could enjoy another. Yet, I am pleased to see how the squad improves and how we grow as a club.

• Love 5

• Content Count:  1,069

The brothers have done wonders. Going to Meadow Lane is the best I have known during my years of supporting the club. I am still a teen, so I have seen some of the darker times as a younger fan and worried. I don’t with the Reedtz in charge; they seem to be transforming the club’s fate.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  217

Chris and Alex have done wonderfully well. They are prepared to put the club first and have shown strong leadership. The fact they don’t crumble to the fans, especially those who call for the manager so often and complain that it’s embarrassing when the club does, shows their focus on making sure the club achieves its goals not in the short but long term.

• Like 1
  • Love 1