Do we really hate Forest?

Sid

It's a big word is hate and I always class it as a wasted emotion. We have an inferiority complex were Forest are concerned. They have been top dogs in Nottingham for so long. I am probably one of the very few on this board who can remember a time when Notts was the team that recruited new supporters.

My uncle and cousin (who I was very close to) were Forest mad and if I wanted to see a proper pro game the only way was to go with them to the shi tty ground. But when dad could get the time off work on a Saturday I had the chance to express my real love.

I remember holidaying in Skeggy and kicking a ball about on the beach with Paul (my cousin). These two guys near us were doing some impressive tricks with a ball and eventually they joined us.

We were stunned. One was Ron Wylie (then an inside forward at Notts) the other was his mate, Jack Burkitt (a Forest evergreen). To our amazement these two were pals and had brought their families on holiday together. Being only kids we had assumed that County and Forest players barely spoke to one another and bore feelings of enmity towards each other.

I can't hate Forest. In fact, because I am a Nottingham exile in Yorkshire, I want them to have a good result.

BUT

if they go up it will set us back years. If they advance to the Prem as we slip back to League 2 the consequences are too horrific to contemplate.  

Our relationship with Forest is like two brothers in the same family. One is confident and successful and inclined to arrogance, (known as The Prodigal Son?); the other has a stutter, often screws up, now and then puts in a diamond performance, but usually disappoints his parents.

No, I don't hate Forest, but I have to admit being a bit envious of their fans. I wouldn't mind a bit of that.

Well I used to hate them quite strongly, mainly due to their fans that I knew growing up. The majority was idiots, I just didn't like their attitude and the club just repelled me. My grandfather told me stories about times he would go to watch them, he was a 'Nottingham' man and he didn't see the harm in following both clubs. He preferred Notts and he stopped going to Forest games after several incidents where their fans had turned violent for no reason.

I think this put quite a few people off, as I am aware of decent Forest fans who stopped going.

@super_ram also told me about how they did things (rioting at the old Baseball ground etc). I just don't like that and it built a reputation up in my mind, although I was young. In my late teens, it sort of started to lessen and I have been to quite a few of their games with a friend.

Really they're no different to us, though I dislike the fans who start needless fights or brag because there's absolutely no point.

I don't "hate" them now, I just dislike the club. It is good for Nottingham when both teams are doing well.

Supporter+

Hate is a very strong word, I think you have hit the nail on the head for me Sid, I am really jealous of their success, I have a laugh with my neighbour who is a Fword fan about hating them and spitting on the ground if I pass the donkey sanctuary but I don't really hate them, I just wish we could change places for a few years and we were top dogs.

I agree however that if they go up and we go down that would be disastrous for us.

As others have said, hate is too strong a word. Serious dislike fits more. They do seem to have a bigger amount of knuckle heads than other clubs, but I suppose that is because we have more chance to associate with them.

I do laugh when they get thrashed, and keep quiet when they're on a run like they are now.

The banter with mates who are reds is part of the fun!

As others have said, hate is too strong a word. Serious dislike fits more. They do seem to have a bigger amount of knuckle heads than other clubs, but I suppose that is because we have more chance to associate with them.

I do laugh when they get thrashed, and keep quiet when they're on a run like they are now.

The banter with mates who are reds is part of the fun!

Yeah same here, i dont hate them but I do dislike them.

When forest lose and we win, its a good day for sure. the banter can be fun, even this season. Some lads who work for me try having cracks at how we are doing, it bounces off but these types do not like it back.

It depends which fans are meant here.This goes for the fans of all teams.I can get on with the fans of any team if they talk sense.The 'fans I really despise are the one's who are anonymous until my team is having a bad run or have just been thrashed.Or their team is doing well and they suddenly come out of the woodwork.You know the ones.Most don't even go to matches.The more local a team is  then the more this applies.

The short answer is -Yes.I'd love to see them really struggle and see how the mouthy lifelonfg supporters react.

Most of my family are reds. I don't hate them but I have a strong dislike of the club. Not neccaserily the supporters - most are good people, every club has its... well I cant use the word on here but you get my point. I'm not jelous of them, got a lot of respect for Brian Clough and his achievements. The way I see it, if I were jelous of their past glories I'd be a glory supporter. We've got our own long and proud history at  Notts. It may not be as illustrious as theres but I wouldnt swap it for the world.I suppose I see it as being like any other city rivalry. I will laugh when they lose, and think spawny buggers when they win.

I for one don't think them making the premiership would have a major impact on us in the long run PROVIDING we do stay in this league this season, and continue to progress. I think their fans could be in for a rude awakening in the top flight, especially when they see ticket prices. Notts are a family club and that'll never change. We'll still find ways of attracting new supporters. Sooner or later the bubble will burst with all the money in the premiership. Blind loyalty will cease to exist as fans become more and more priced out, and it will be then that the cheaper, family orientated clubs will thrive.

Most of my family are reds. I don't hate them but I have a strong dislike of the club. Not neccaserily the supporters - most are good people, every club has its... well I cant use the word on here but you get my point. I'm not jelous of them, got a lot of respect for Brian Clough and his achievements. The way I see it, if I were jelous of their past glories I'd be a glory supporter. We've got our own long and proud history at  Notts. It may not be as illustrious as theres but I wouldnt swap it for the world.I suppose I see it as being like any other city rivalry. I will laugh when they lose, and think spawny buggers when they win.

I for one don't think them making the premiership would have a major impact on us in the long run PROVIDING we do stay in this league this season, and continue to progress. I think their fans could be in for a rude awakening in the top flight, especially when they see ticket prices. Notts are a family club and that'll never change. We'll still find ways of attracting new supporters. Sooner or later the bubble will burst with all the money in the premiership. Blind loyalty will cease to exist as fans become more and more priced out, and it will be then that the cheaper, family orientated clubs will thrive.

I bet you enjoyed Sundays result @weymouthPIE-I Did.

Wednesday's game against Leicester is now a massive game for them.

Supporter+

Do the Kop still sing that song "I don't care about Forest, they don't care about me" etc., I haven't heard it for a while.

i hate them they keep players away from the fans they don't seem to care bout fans where county do everything for the fans to meet the players get shirt signed etc they seem to dismiss us as nothing but they need to be remind they are just one league up from us. as well  Billy davis is a rude ignorant man and as far as I'm concerned he is the heart of the problem. county till i die we are the magpies say we are the magpies 

Archived