Early days

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

I wish people wouldn't read the FLW. It took Macaulay Langstaff several games to score in League Two last season, so it's too early to judge him and it's simply too early to know if he will be successful. One thing is for sure, Macca will do his best.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,459
  • Days Won:  164
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It certainly irks me. 

I can't understand why Millwall went for him in the first place. Whether they did their homework to see whether Macca could fit into their style of play is questionable.

Macca's fortunes at Millwall may yet turn around. He's a very good player & I'm sure he'll try to adapt to their style.

But the longer it goes on with Macca not getting the game time, it will not do much for his confidence.

If Macca is put out on loan to another club that will probably be a good release for him.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

It's stating the obvious and reminds Notts fans that we've lost the best striker we've had in years. I hope Millwall fans have the sense to push their club to recruit in the right area and support Macaulay Langstaff.

• Like 7

Supporter+

My guess is that Macca will be eventually loaned out or sold if he cannot break into the team. Millwall's style is the problem.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

I think the worst Millwall could do is give up on the player. You have to keep pushing and hope that hard work pays off. It's a combination of game time, settling in, and training that could ultimately make the signing work. I don't think their manager has been patient enough. Nobody can say he won't make it at Championship level. If they give up so easily on a signing, no wonder they struggle.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

I always thought it would take Macaulay Langstaff time to adjust to the Championship. I'm confident he could score ten or more goals if he was given faith and playing time. You can't expect a striker to be immediately successful when they're coming from a lower level. League Two to the Championship is a big step up, and it sounds like they don't play with the same focus on keeping the ball on the ground.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Millwall fans seem keen for Macaulay Langstaff to succeed. Their manager seems to be the bigger problem. That's the issue with signing for a team that doesn't play attractive football and has a manager who doesn't see where they need to improve to help their strikers.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

He's 27 not 26 as per the article. Going straight into the Championship was never going to be easy for him, the standard of play is much higher and the defenders he'll be facing are better too. No-one can really draw any proper conclusions yet as we are only 4/5 games into the new season. I am interested to see how it all plays out for Macca though and I really want him to succeed there.

I'm not sure he'll totally regret joining Millwall, he's got a pretty solid deal. I'm sure it's a 3 year contract and the pay will be a lot more than Notts could ever offer.

• Love 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A friend said that they spoke to Macaulay Langstaff this past Saturday, and mentioned that he seemed optimistic and said that the club haven't given up on him. So, it's possible that he's being slowly introduced in the right games. Though, the Millwall manager doesn't seem all that confident and seems to be quite fickle. They would make a huge mistake by not giving at least a season to embed.

If they go down, then he will find his form with them and should help fire them back up, so I wouldn't be concerned as a Millwall fan.

I've said this a few times here, their midfield needs a bit more fight but defensively, Millwall are very poor. They would do well to sign a few good players in this department, especially a proper Championship level centre back.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i think they need to stick with him if they want to get value out of his fee. he wont help them not playing and the amount of game time is poor. they need to figure out how to get him involved and how he can increase his work rate to make it more likely to succeed. i want macaulay langstaff to work out at millwall. he deserves the break in his career.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a sign of wasted resources. They wanted him, but they’re not willing to put in the effort to make it a success. If he had started strong and scored goals every week, they’d quickly change their minds.

• Like 1

Supporter+

I'm very surprised Oxford didn't go for Macca because with Ruben they have a player that worked with Macca so well. Also Oxford's playing style would have suited Macca much more.