Jacob Bedeau: Settling In Very Nicely?

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jacob is settling in to the Notts back three very nicely. And he's not bad on his forays forward when he gets the chance.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

Jacob Bedeau is a great defender. I can see why Aston Villa wanted him, and if he keeps playing well for us, I think he could play at a higher level. I hope he can be part of the team that takes Notts County back to the Championship.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

I think he's building a great partnership with Matty Platt and Lewis Macari. Now would be a good time for a youngster to learn from these three. He's done really well since joining us and fits in like he's been here much longer.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I'd like to know who does the recruitment for Morecambe because they signed both Crowley and Bedeau before we did and given the size of them I wonder how they managed to get them in the first place!

He's a rare player in that he's got the size, physicality and pace - like a dream centre back really. He's made a very good start to his career here and I agree he looks like the sort of player who can hopefully move up the league with us.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

League Two's Vincent Kompany. :D

No doubt at this level he's one of the best defenders in the league, us being linked and ultimately signing for us was very exciting. I knew he would make a huge difference, it was Matty Platt that I was unsure about, not that I didn't rate him as a defender but because Bradford City fans claimed he couldn't pass a ball. Yet he did praise his defensive mindset, which seems to give Jacob Bedeau confidence to be even more at his best.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Hopefully, Bedeau, Platt, & Macari will be awesome for Notts this season.

They have all started off well & as the season progresses, they as a defensive unit, can only get better as they all get more game time together.

And to think we have the makings of a great defensive midfield in front of them too.

The signs for Notts are looking good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Jacob Bedeau is an exceptionally defender, who does well in his recovery and from his positioning he always presses to win the ball or block it when he can. He's formed a very good partnership, not only with the defence but with the midfield and Alex Bass.

There are certain players you watch who give you a natural impression that they are just a cut about this level.

I can't see his performances dipping either, he was by far Morecambe's best centre back and his presence will be missed. Thankfully, our signing of him has given us a lot of structure at the back that we have needed for a while now.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Chris changed the title to Jacob Bedeau: Settling In Very Nicely?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138

He has settled in well. The pre-season and early training sessions seem to have helped. He looks like a great defender and is good at recovering when needed too. I hope he continues to perform well throughout this season.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  528
  • Days Won:  1

To be fair, I think all the signings have settled in nicely, at least those who have played. Matty Platt and Jacob Bedeau are two quality defenders who bring a calm influence at the back. Bedeau has done well. I have been very impressed with his ability to go wide when needed and help push into attacking positions. His pass that set up David McGoldrick was a quality ball that just left Didzy to finish.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

You would have to be crazy to support Notts and not appreciate what Jacob Bedeau brings. He has fitted in so well. I like how he defends because it’s not always as you would expect. He towers over players and doesn’t automatically grab them, but tries to see how he can win the ball back or smash it out. He will block with his weaker foot, hoping to get it on the rebound with his strong one. I think Bedeau is just class. He’s been playing below his level for sure, and Notts has gained a star with him.

• Love 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461

It's hard to pick just one player for the good start we've had, as everyone in defence has worked hard. Jacob Bedeau has impressed, but he's among many talented players brought in this summer. I hope he, Matty Platt, and Lewis Macari build a strong understanding, but I also know it's important for him and the others to feel settled.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

He has settled in rather well. He looks like a player who has been with the club for more than just a single pre-season. I think defensively, Notts are making big strides forward, and I am hoping to see more clean sheets at Meadow Lane.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

he looks great in defence for us, i think he is only showing signs of getting better. how he recovers and comes back to defend when players get away from him is very different. he makes them work hard to even pass the ball when hes one on one. watching him defend games tight against the opposition you can see he just watches the ball.

i think he and many of the other players have settled, as meadow lane seems to lift them and makes it seem like they are home.

• Like 1