would you like to kasper schmeichel return to notts county

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

i would love to see kasper back at notts county he was one of the nicest players loyal and help notts county to league one all while taking a pay cut not being payed bonus and so forth i would love to see him back at county

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes but I would also like world peace, yet sadly it won't happen.

For now we have super bart and that's all we can ask for! He's our keeper, Kaspers graced for a better club than us. Just being realistic :)

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It was fantastic seeing a player like Kasper playing for Notts, let's just be thankful that we saw him playing for our team because we will never see him return, he will be in the Premiership next season and rightly so he's a great keeper.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Don't get me wrong, I thought Kasper was great for us and he'll probably play for Denmark sooner or later, but I actually prefer Bart. Bart has won us more points, put in more match winning performances and has generally done a lot more for us. Don't take anything away from what Kasper achieved at Notts, he'll be well remembered, but he had one of the best sides ever to play in league 2 in front of him that season. How many games did he go through without having anything to do?

All the best to him, looks like he'll be playing in the premiership again next season

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  492
  • Days Won:  1

as much as i would love 2 see kasper come bk it will never happen and kasper was a hell of alot better goalie then bart as much as i like bart i dont think hes been as good this year as last.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Kasper was always destined to bigger things. Dont get me wrong, he was superb at a really high / low time. He was one of those players that we can look back and say he played for us when he dominates the prem in a few years.

Bart has done an good job and i'm sure Speiss could too.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

i would have him back, i dont think a single fan would not but its sadly not going happen. :(

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

It's in the Past, let it go. Perhaps in 12 -15 years time, Like pilks. But can't see him having anything to do with Notts again. 

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Kasper is good enough to be a premiership keeper. He will never return but glad I saw him play virtually every game for Notts. I remember being at Darlington when the news filtered through pre match that he was leaving. We secured the League 2 title with a 5 0 win but there was a tinge of sadness knowing he was leaving. His dad was sat a couple of rows behind me at his final game at Meadow Lane. He looked extremely proud when he came off to a standing ovation and his name being sung.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Don't get me wrong, I thought Kasper was great for us and he'll probably play for Denmark sooner or later, but I actually prefer Bart. Bart has won us more points, put in more match winning performances and has generally done a lot more for us. Don't take anything away from what Kasper achieved at Notts, he'll be well remembered, but he had one of the best sides ever to play in league 2 in front of him that season. How many games did he go through without having anything to do?

All the best to him, looks like he'll be playing in the premiership again next season

I'm still trying to wake up. I must have dreamed that you said you prefer Bart to Schmeichel. Obviously, nobody could ever even think or say that.........could they?

Seriously, Bart is a very poor, third rate imitation of Schmeichel. They are a million miles apart, almost opposite ends of the spectrum. One is a top class, international standard keeper who will be playing in the Prem League - the other is a struggling Div 1 player, destined for a lower League career and/or total obscurity. In what way can you possibly prefer Bart? He's like Nanki Poo in The Mikado, wandering around the box half the time (out of it sometimes!), brilliant shot stopper, does the spectacular well but he hasno command of his box and flaps more than Mildenflap did, and that is saying something!

I'm still trying to wake up. I must have dreamed that you said you prefer Bart to Schmeichel. Obviously, nobody could ever even think or say that.........could they?

Seriously, Bart is a very poor, third rate imitation of Schmeichel. They are a million miles apart, almost opposite ends of the spectrum. One is a top class, international standard keeper who will be playing in the Prem League - the other is a struggling Div 1 player, destined for a lower League career and/or total obscurity. In what way can you possibly prefer Bart? He's like Nanki Poo in The Mikado, wandering around the box half the time (out of it sometimes!), brilliant shot stopper, does the spectacular well but he hasno command of his box and flaps more than Mildenflap did, and that is saying something!

Interesting comments Pies4u, the thing for me is Bart does do a lot of commanding.

He instructs the defence, he warns them of danger and he tells them who's available for passes (including making himself open). I don't like when we rely on him, he's had very little cover this year and when fans start noticing, the club issue an article from whoevers in charge which states 'bodies must be on the line'. We allowed Shrewsbury to go route one the other day, this should have been dealt with by the Sheehan or Smith.

I heard Bart shouting, yes he left his legs open but he understands how to save the ball and the defence must know how to keep aware surely? Very poor defending for their goals.

It's interesting how a goal keeper can go from destined for the Championship to the level of lower league football in one season, Bart's not been our problem the defence haven't been up to scratch from day one. It's unfortunate when a team struggles the keeper is often in the firing line but I honestly believe we're lucky to have Bart, he's kept us in more games than he's cost us.

With regards to Kasper, he was a joy to watch but he wasn't and still isn't perfect. I would say he's easily better than Bart, yet given the option I would rather have someone who's down to earth and completely behind the team. With all due respect to Kasper, he tends to be childish at times and prone to the odd game where he's at fault.

If we had them both, I would choose Kasper because he's more rounded.

• Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

He's made some fantastic saves & he has, undoubtedly, salvaged us points when they would otherwise have been lost. Terrific stuff at times, granted.

Sadly, he has never been convincing, or commanding, on crosses. He runs around like a scalded cat when the ball is the air! He has been frequently "found out" under pressure and he makes far too many basic & positional errors. Like most keepers, he can look great on one day and a bit iffy on another but it is the repeated mistakes - notably against Walsall & Shrews of late for example - that set him as a Div 1 keeper, not a potential Prem League player.

He isn't in the same universe as Schmeichel, let alone on the same planet.

He's made some fantastic saves & he has, undoubtedly, salvaged us points when they would otherwise have been lost. Terrific stuff at times, granted.

Sadly, he has never been convincing, or commanding, on crosses. He runs around like a scalded cat when the ball is the air! He has been frequently "found out" under pressure and he makes far too many basic & positional errors. Like most keepers, he can look great on one day and a bit iffy on another but it is the repeated mistakes - notably against Walsall & Shrews of late for example - that set him as a Div 1 keeper, not a potential Prem League player.

He isn't in the same universe as Schmeichel, let alone on the same planet.

Some of this I personally put down to having a shaky defence in front.

Chips are down, it's hard but he's still a shinning light (at for me) within our current crop. He's one I would seek to keep, L1 or L2 he's the keeper who can a difference.

Let's be fair here, he's on the same planet. ;)

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

Never will it happen, he will join a French or Italian side. No prem clubs, I bet ya!

Archived