Non Football Weekend

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

What are you all up to? What have you been doing/done today?

There's no plans, just a slow day at home for me. I plan to update the areas where I haven't had time, finally get everything into position and focus on the player pages being up to scratch. Towards 5pm or so, I am hoping to watch a movie with the little ones and my eldest daughter keeps asking if we can bake. So chances are we will fit that in somewhere.....

What about you?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'm hoping to tidy the tree branches in the garden,let a bit more light back in.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

shopping, dont ask! its a nightmare being dragged around shops on a weekend.

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We are sorting out a room which at the moment is more of an office and changing it back to a bedroom, stripping wall paper off, moving furniture out etc.

I wish home owners would think about future tenants when they put about 20 coats of paint on top of wall paper, it's a devil of a job to get off, I'm going to ache tomorrow.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its also a pain getting off lots of layers of wallpaper even with a wallpaper stripper. I need to redecorate a few rooms and finish some that never got started but still haven't got round to doing it yet. I haven't really had much planned today but i did end up clearing out a few kitchen cupboards and got some space back.

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

I've got a cold. :brr: :brr:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Went to Larch Farm to celebrate my Dads 65th yesterday. Seriously expensive for a pub, ooopppsss, sorry, restaurant/bar!

Nice food though.

Today is a cleaning day. Time to go clean the bathroom!

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Went to Larch Farm to celebrate my Dads 65th yesterday. Seriously expensive for a pub, ooopppsss, sorry, restaurant/bar!

Nice food though.

Today is a cleaning day. Time to go clean the bathroom!

How's the ear infection  and is your wife ok after her carpel tunnel op ?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

It's Canadian Thanksgiving (1 month before the USA).

So it"s a long weekend for me :)

I'm volunteering at the Homeless Shelter, Becoming a Waiter for people who live there. Give them a big thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Tomorrow is the Bank hoilday so might catch a movie or see if there's any hockey on.

Happy Thanksgiving all. Be Thankful for what we have

How's the ear infection  and is your wife ok after her carpel tunnel op ?

Ear infection is still around, just not as severe. I'm allergic to penicillin so not a lot of choices out there. Might have to go to docs again this week as I don't want it around when we go to Skeg in a fortnight.

The wife has ALOT of bruising up and down her wrist. Bandages off now, stitches off on Wednesday so we should know more in a few weeks time.

Thanks for asking though @GrannyPie

Bathroom now clean and new sealant all around the shower. Horrible stuff, but needed doing!

Ear infection is still around, just not as severe. I'm allergic to penicillin so not a lot of choices out there. Might have to go to docs again this week as I don't want it around when we go to Skeg in a fortnight.

The wife has ALOT of bruising up and down her wrist. Bandages off now, stitches off on Wednesday so we should know more in a few weeks time.

Thanks for asking though @GrannyPie

Good luck with the ear infection.

Granny's also allergic to penicillin.She also neglected to mention that she had carpel tunnel surgery about 2 years ago.She says it was slightly painful for a few days but no problems after.Hope Mrshissingdwarf has similar results(without pain)

Well I decided to go support a local charity football game today (as I have mentioned). The match official was the oddest Derby County fan, sided with Forest throughout but it was all a bit of fun. He sent two Notts players off and allowed Forest to field more than they should, in fact at one point they had 14 players on! They said it was 12 but I counted!

Nice to see a club like Basford working hard for the local community.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

Well I decided to go support a local charity football game today (as I have mentioned). The match official was the oddest Derby County fan, sided with Forest throughout but it was all a bit of fun. He sent two Notts players off and allowed Forest to field more than they should, in fact at one point they had 14 players on! They said it was 12 but I counted!

sounds like you had a great day mate, i noticed the pics. :)

i spent sunday doing nothing, i wanted to go to the legends game but had no idea where the ground was or how to get there.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

It was strange visiting my parents house without it being the morning before a game.  Went for a meal in the evening instead to celebrate my mothers recent Birthday.

It was strange visiting my parents house without it being the morning before a game.  Went for a meal in the evening instead to celebrate my mothers recent Birthday.

Happy Birthday to Mrs Cobb, hope you had a great day mate and of course your mother. :)

What were the players sent off for ?Are you sure the official wasn't a tree in disguise?Oh ,no he sent your players off to give them a chance.They can't beat 10 men or even 9 men. :rollonfloorlaughing: Was much money raised and well done to all involved.

What were the players sent off for ?Are you sure the official wasn't a tree in disguise?Oh ,no he sent your players off to give them a chance.They can't beat 10 men or even 9 men. :rollonfloorlaughing: Was much money raised and well done to all involved.

Supposedly he was wearing a derby t-shirt underneath his top, he actually sort of shown it when the commentator mentioned he was a sheep fan. He sent the two players off for double yellows but one was a dive by Jason lee. I shouldn't say it but it was clear!

They couldn't beat us with 14 players on the pitch, at one point they had no subs or players to rotate! LOL

No idea on money but Joe noticed the chairman totally a lot of cash. The turn out, I would be surprised if it didn't raise over 2k though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

WARNING- when making a low maintenance veg patch, be aware how much effort and maintenance it takes... grrrrr

low maintenance my arse

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Spent the weekend consoling my two kids but especially my daughter who was distraught after we found out our cat, that hadn't come back after being put out on Tuesday had been ran over & killed unfortunately.

After we had made a memorial in our garden which we allowed the kids to put things in a box that could be sent to the cat in cat paradise we buried the box and placed a couple of plants on top which really helped with the healing process.

We then went to a friends kids birthday party. 

After that I had to put new lino down in the bathroom and seal it all round then new door handle.

Then had to go & help my mate out who had broken down in the middle of nowhere with his two young kids in the car, after sorting him out and taking his kids to his granny's I eventually sat down!!!

Could have been busier though........ ha ha

Spent the weekend consoling my two kids but especially my daughter who was distraught after we found out our cat, that hadn't come back after being put out on Tuesday had been ran over & killed unfortunately.

After we had made a memorial in our garden which we allowed the kids to put things in a box that could be sent to the cat in cat paradise we buried the box and placed a couple of plants on top which really helped with the healing process.

We then went to a friends kids birthday party. 

After that I had to put new lino down in the bathroom and seal it all round then new door handle.

Then had to go & help my mate out who had broken down in the middle of nowhere with his two young kids in the car, after sorting him out and taking his kids to his granny's I eventually sat down!!!

Could have been busier though........ ha ha

Very sad news, it's horrible for little ones and it's not as simple as replacing them.

Hopefully the party helped to settle your daughter. :(

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

I tried to the garden, or i should tidy it.

I am afraid its became rather over grown, i should get one of my lads down to do it with me. My wife keeps telling, I keep telling her that i have run our of space on my list of jobs to do. its never ending! I bet its the same for @super_ram

Very sad news, it's horrible for little ones and it's not as simple as replacing them.

Hopefully the party helped to settle your daughter. :(

Yeah it did to a point as it was a friend of hers that she hasn't seen for over three months so that helped, the memorial helped the most as we let them both do the digging and the planting so it sort of gave them both some closure.

We're going to go for a dog this time as at least that way we 'should' know where it is, especially as we're going for either a Great Pyrenees, a Newfoundland (my preferable choice) or a cross of the both as at least we'll be able to see & hear them at all times!!!!

http://kutedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Newfoundland-3.jpg

http://www.petyourdog.com/dog_pictures/great-pyrenees-dog-with-white-fur/7401

I tried to the garden, or i should tidy it.

I am afraid its became rather over grown, i should get one of my lads down to do it with me. My wife keeps telling, I keep telling her that i have run our of space on my list of jobs to do. its never ending! I bet its the same for @super_ram

Has no one explained @GrannyPie and her walking sticks??..... You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha

Yeah it did to a point as it was a friend of hers that she hasn't seen for over three months so that helped, the memorial helped the most as we let them both do the digging and the planting so it sort of gave them both some closure.

We're going to go for a dog this time as at least that way we 'should' know where it is, especially as we're going for either a Great Pyrenees, a Newfoundland (my preferable choice) or a cross of the both as at least we'll be able to see & hear them at all times!!!!

http://kutedog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Newfoundland-3.jpg

http://www.petyourdog.com/dog_pictures/great-pyrenees-dog-with-white-fur/7401

A dogs a nice idea, it won't remind your daughter so much.

I like those breeds - friendly dogs and I can see a little one loving it also. I bet @super_pie would also, though Cheeky won't let us go for one.

Archived