Some lovely pictures of our walk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We went for a romantic walk in the country this morning and I thought I'd share some of the lovely sights to behold.

8a23cda7e2e364d3dfdef570fd00608f.jpg

0590134445fc9d757bd36567fa9a7726.jpg

6f14aca45b7813d88e905b5dfb6eaf08.jpg

da892a91252ade3a6be77877e738996f.jpg

In one short stretch of path I counted 8 dog poo bags hanging from trees like some grotesque ornament, a used nappy, a beer bottle wedged in a tree and a pile of beer cans. How delightful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Another sad sign of the times @tonyhateley.Dog poo is a major problem in our area.I have to be extra vigilant when I collect or return the grand kids.Beer cans/bottles are another nuisance.Soiled nappies,discarde chips and other fast food along with the wrapping.The list goes on and on!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

I walk my dog up the canal and the mess is unreal.

Lazy dog owners, don't get why if they've bagged it they don't bin it. Even saw someone bag it and throw it in the canal!

No excuses, my dog leaves half his body weight and I manage to pick it up and take to the nearest bin (plenty about).

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I've said it before about other dog owners. Lazy. Disgusting how i can manage to clean it up and they cant. The occasional heres a bag if youve forgotten it mate. Normally helps!!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

How often do you see people throwing rubbish on the ground as they walk past a litter bin?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

Personally I think the dog should be destroyed at the owners cost if they are caught, would soon stop it.

Also given the use of smart water (DNA Style Theft Deterrent) surely we should be able to put a slow release capsule into every dog that ever enters a vets thus being able to find out the owner and prosecute them

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's probably teens, they like to hide and do stupid things a way from watching eyes. Mind the special brew left in the bag, well that's probably idol dog owners (the one's who don't like walking 'em).

Can't say it's any different the places I walk/have been.

• Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

thats gross, the type of people who litter and dont dispose of their dogs business are foul people.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

We have very limited instances of that here! Thank god... there are the odd ones who don't clean up.... but they are currently being dealt with... :devil:

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

There is not much of this where I live, officers have people picking waste up and its well managed.

I dont miss the mess which was seen when I lived over there, walks around here are a joy and fresh air! which is more than can be said about where i used to call home.

Supporter+

I took our grandchildren to the park yesterday and two lads about 10 were drinking from pop cans when they had finished they threw them on the ground, I asked them to pick them up and put them in the bin which was only a few feet away, I explained that it would keep the park nice for everyone to use, they sheepishly put them in the bin to their credit and didn't give me any back chat.

I think youngsters think it's somehow not cool to find a bin to put rubbish in. I'm not sure I would have said anything had they been a few years older though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I took our grandchildren to the park yesterday and two lads about 10 were drinking from pop cans when they had finished they threw them on the ground, I asked them to pick them up and put them in the bin which was only a few feet away, I explained that it would keep the park nice for everyone to use, they sheepishly put them in the bin to their credit and didn't give me any back chat.

I think youngsters think it's somehow not cool to find a bin to put rubbish in. I'm not sure I would have said anything had they been a few years older though.

This behavior is largely a carbon copy of their parents. 

A lot of people try to blame 'the youth of today', but they don't act like angels around their parents and become the devil out-of-sight. 

Supporter+

This behavior is largely a carbon copy of their parents.

A lot of people try to blame 'the youth of today', but they don't act like angels around their parents and become the devil out-of-sight.

I'm not so sure about that, their parents could be perfectly responsible people who would be horrified if they knew what their offspring get up to. When the kids get in a group there is an element of showing off on front of their mates and they do things they wouldn't do if their parents were around.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

six of one and half a dozen... Standards!

Archived